Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,530 members, 7,812,647 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest (21009 Views)

El-rufai Spoke Truth On New Naira – Fani-kayode / National Interest Supercedes Individual Rights – Supreme Court / National Interest Supersedes Individual Rights - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by nura15(m): 8:06am On Feb 07, 2019
[quote author=valentineuwakwe post=75490899]i wonder what the police and the DSS are waiting to arrest this governor....your made a threat and call itfor diginity and for national interest...if its a member of the opposition that said same now, the police, DES and maybe even the EFCC would have swiftly gone to arrest him...what a country. WHY DON'T YOU GO AND ARREST HIM. STUPID HYPCRITE
Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by capitalzero: 8:10am On Feb 07, 2019
etebefia:
El rufai seems to be more interested in this presidential election than buhari and osibanjo, is there something we don't know?

of course, buhari may resign or become incapacitated or die few months after swearing in. Osinbajo will be president and el Rufai as vp.
Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by Talknochip(m): 8:14am On Feb 07, 2019
Arrogance has been the trade mark of the APC govt since inception, it shall also be the final nail that will seal their coffin..This so ridiculous and shameful..
Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by Nobody: 8:16am On Feb 07, 2019
Was any foriegn state or body trying to interfere with our elections with the way everyone is wa.nking on that statement. Russia did it to the US and the authorities there are fighting full guns blazing to punish them.

So why the noise about El Rufai saying we will defend ours no matter the cost. We Africans are our own enemies
Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by dracosith(m): 8:27am On Feb 07, 2019
sarrki:

Shut up

Don’t you have elders at home ?

He has but doesn’t support blindly as you do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by Chitumu: 8:38am On Feb 07, 2019
SalamRushdie:
If El Rufai can threaten to kill FOREING election MEDLERS on live TV the imagine the JOY of the Average Nigerian voter
Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by shadyLP(m): 8:41am On Feb 07, 2019
sarrki:

Shut up

Seems your elders at home are plays the same role with the elders you're supporting in aso rock undecided
Zombies always been spotted in every angle

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by NairaMaster1(m): 8:50am On Feb 07, 2019
SalamRushdie:
If El Rufai can threaten to kill election observers on live TV the imagine the safety of the Average Nigerian voter

We have to take shit from the terrorists in APC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by Nazareth10: 8:51am On Feb 07, 2019
They still mentioned 16yrs.
Our mumu don do.
APC come and be going

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by izombie(m): 8:52am On Feb 07, 2019
focus7:
Why am I having the feeling that the evil corrupt party pdp may have contracted some of the foreign observers to do some dirty deal for them during the elections

PDP should pull out of the election if they wish to, we will not allow undue interference from any foreign observe that will not stay with their assignment in the country.
na wao, this is the dumbest and the most stupid post i have read in a very very long time. I don't even know how low i can get to reply this your post so i will just move on. Na wao

1 Like

Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by dante0147: 8:54am On Feb 07, 2019
sarrki:
KADUNA State Governor Mallam Nasir El-Rufai has stirred the hornet’s nest, with his warning that foreigners should not interfere in the conduct of the general elections.

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) yesterday threatened to pull out of the peace accord it signed with other parties before the National Peace Committee (NPC) chaired by former Head of State Gen. Abdulsalami Abubakar.

The opposition party hinged its decision on the “death threats” issued by the governor, according to it, to officials of the United States (U.S.), United Kingdom (U.K.) and the European Union (E.U.).

But the Presidency dismissed it all as a storm in a tea cup. “There is nothing more to sneeze at”, it said.

Besides, the governor denied calling for violence.

Also yesterday, the EU Election Observer Mission (EOM) said its men were in Nigeria on the invitation of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and that they will remain in the country to monitor the elections billed for February 16 (presidential/National) and March 2 (governorship/state Assembly).

Speaking on an NTA live programme El-Rufai was reported to have threatened the foreign nationals who might interfere with Nigeria’s upcoming elections with violent attacks.

“Those that are calling for anyone to come and intervene in Nigeria, we are waiting for the person that would come and intervene, they would go back in body bags,” he was quoted as saying.

The governor, however, explained himself yesterday, insisting that his comments were not in any way calls for violence, but a defence of Nigeria’s sovereignty.

El-Rufai said he merely stood up for Nigeria’s dignity as against those who would traduce their country and reduce it to a colony in their vain quest for power.

In a statement last night, the Presidency said: “The Federal Government under President Muhammadu Buhari would cooperate with election observers and would not let the international community down in the conduct of the coming elections.

“The Presidency assures Nigerians and the international community that the President would do everything within his power to ensure free, fair and credible elections in the country.

“We have taken note of the clarification to a reported earlier statement by the Governor of Kaduna State, Nasir El-Rufa’i concerning opposition call for foreign interference in our domestic affairs and to say that latest statement by him should rest the issue for good. There is nothing more to sneeze at. The Governor spoke strongly in defense of of national interest. It is clear that El-Rufa’i, our party the APC and all its candidates have reposed their faith in democracy through general elections. They are all of the view that there is no place for violence against local people or foreign citizens in our midst.

“Opposition PDP ought to own up to the mistakes of their own policies for 16 years which have led the country to a sorry pass that has cost lives, jobs and growth instead of dwelling on diversionary issues.”

The PDP’s threat was issued at a news conference in Abuja. Its spokesman Kola Ologbondiyan described El-Rufai’s comments as inimical to peaceful, free and fair elections.

He said: “The PDP is left with no option than to consider a review of its signatory in the National Peace Accord, if no action is immediately taken to curb this trend.”

But a pro-Buhari group, the Buhari Media Organisation (BMO), said neither the PDP nor its presidential candidate, was genuinely committed to any peace deal.

According to the BMO, PDP’s presidential candidate signed the peace accord reluctantly.

The main opposition party called on the international community to immediately impose a travel ban on El-Rufai for what it described as the inciting comments against peaceful elections.

Ologbodiyan also called on the Gen. Abdulsalami to summon El-Rufai on the threat.

He said: “The PDP holds that any situation that seeks to allow the APC to abuse the tenets of the accord will definitely force our party to review our signatory to the peace process.

Read also: Lagos, Kwara, Kogi, others get new police chiefs
“We therefore call on the NPC to immediately summon El-Rufai on his inflammatory remarks against peaceful election in our country.

“In that regard, we might have no option left than to allow our members to defend their votes with whatever that is available to them.

“This country belongs to all of us and no individual or group, no matter how highly placed, can subjugate other citizens, or seek to appropriate any sort of absolutism to himself.”

The PDP also kicked against what it described as an alleged plot by the police authority to redeploy Kayode Egbetokun as Commissioner of Police to the Kwara State Command.

The opposition party alleged closeness of Egbetokun to a section of the leadership of the governing All Progressives Congress (APC).

This, according to the PDP, might lead to Egbetokun taking sides in the ongoing supremacy tussle between the PDP and the APC chapters in Kwara State.

Ologbondiyan said: “This is in line with plans by the Buhari Presidency and the APC to effect a mass deployment of top security officers, particularly the police, to intimidate, harass and manhandle Nigerians that will not support the self-succession bid of President Muhammadu Buhari as well as aiding APC thugs to snatch ballot boxes and orchestrate violence in the elections.

“Nigerians are aware of how CP Kayode Egbetokun was posted to Lagos State by the former Inspector-General of Police, Idris Ibrahim, to serve the same partisan interest and how that posting was stopped by the new IGP Adamu Mohammed. Now, he is being redeployed to Kwara State for the same ignoble plot.

“It is necessary to state that the PDP is a party of peace and we are committed to the peace accord. However, the deployment of Kayode Egbetokun as Kwara CP directly negates the principle of the Peace Accord and can only hurt the fragile peace that currently exists in Kwara state.

“We wish to remind the acting Inspector General, Adamu Mohammed, that his acceptability among Nigerians across party line was based on the pedigree, which was presented to Nigerians before his appointment.

“These pedigree and exposure place on his shoulders, the responsibility to be just, firm, equitable and professional in the discharge of his duties. We therefore urge him not to allow his reputation to be mired in controversial political activities.”

The party called on the National Peace Committee to note the alleged infractions by the APC and its leaders to the peace accord.

http://thenationonlineng.net/buhari-to-pdp-eu-el-rufai-spoke-in-national-interest/

This 16 years same story ... is already beginning to bore me...
Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by Dino98: 8:58am On Feb 07, 2019
That's why I hate APC....party of hypocrites.

Imagine if a PDP governor said this....

Imagine if Governors from Niger crossed over with their crew to participate in PDP presidential rally...

Imagine if US Secretary of state comes to meet with Atiku the way the then Secretary of state under Obama came to meet with Buhari...

Imagine if Uche secondus on Live tv say if u come to PDP all ur sins are forgiven...

See how APC will jump on it and paint it as the worst thing ever in Nigeria's history.

APC are willing to accept anytin good or bad so long as it furthers their agenda. A party who call themselves better than PDP and parade themselves as a party led by INTEGRITY can't differentiate between what's wrong and right.

Let no one deceive you...Buhari is no Mr INTEGRITY, unless we have a different meaning of that word.
Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by izombie(m): 8:59am On Feb 07, 2019
princeadams11:

Are you aware that PDP national chairman threatened that there will be war if election is rigged. What will u say about this threat?
you people are pathetic. So because pdp did it then it's ok for apc to do it whether it's wrong. My friend, threatening international election observers with death is never funny. We should be very careful here.
Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by allisso: 9:02am On Feb 07, 2019
sarrki:

Shut up
I guess they are not this lifeless
Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:02am On Feb 07, 2019
[quote author=nura15 post=75492892][/quote]

I know you are from the North. ...senseless fool
Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by allisso: 9:07am On Feb 07, 2019
post=75491093:

Our friend, You are not standing alone, some other criminals are standing with you.
Like one of your Role Model in life below....

what' is hate speech if not what El Rufai just said ?
I'm just confused
Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by princeadams11: 9:11am On Feb 07, 2019
SalamRushdie:

should the election be rigged ? Are you guys planning to rig? so what's your point sir
We are talking abouth threats issued by different persons from both parties. I am neither in support of the threats nor the rigging. What am saying is that we should try and be objective. We should not criticise Mr A for what he did wrong and ignore Mr B for same wrong just because we are supporting Mr B's party.
Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by Bennycollins: 9:16am On Feb 07, 2019
Elders are always right ehn? Even if they commit murder.
sarrki:

Shut up

Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by GodblessNig247(m): 9:16am On Feb 07, 2019
FiftyFifty:
El Rufa'i was right. You can only understand if you have watched the program in entirety not just a clip of it.

The usage of body bag is very wrong. I watched the Tuesday live interview he meant no harm. What is there for him to say sorry. Y would he use the word body bag! apc and perfectionist are 5 & 6. They can't say they have made a mistake!!!!
Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by topcin: 9:17am On Feb 07, 2019
This is not a threat, it is a statement of fact. Nigeria is not Venezuela. Plus the EU should focus on Post-Brexit ; the US should work on their own elections that was ‘rigged’ by the Russians. When are they going to start inviting African countries to come supervise their elections?
Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by princeadams11: 9:19am On Feb 07, 2019
izombie:
you people are pathetic. So because pdp did it then it's ok for apc to do it whether it's wrong. My friend, threatening international election observers with death is never funny. We should be very careful here.
Threatening internation election observers is not funny both issueing a WAR threat against your people and Nation is funny right? Mind u, nobody is in support of any form of voilence. We should try as much as possible to look at the 2 issues from both sides of the coin instead of making criticism from only one point of view. Both APC and PDP may not bring the change we are all talking about. They are same politicians moving from point A to point B and playing with the future of out nation. Les i 4get, lets try as much as possible 2 stop using harsh words on each other. I guess we are matured, the statement 'YOU GUYS ARE PATHETIC' is irrelevant. May God help us bro.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by degamemaster(m): 9:34am On Feb 07, 2019
Buhari and el-rufai have one thing in common === violence/bloodletting.
Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by WOLEMENTO(m): 10:17am On Feb 07, 2019
M
sarrki:

Shut up
mugu do u have elders at home
Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by Bambambiglo: 10:39am On Feb 07, 2019
NkayStory:

APC are just grasping at straws....Your plans to rig this electoons shall be reported by the Internatiional observers who have always graced every electoral process in Nigeria since 1999 and there is nothing you can do anout it

Madam I'ld like to fuck_the living day light out of you if you don't mind.

Kindly send me a DM lets meet. A quick response will be greatly appreciated Thanks.
Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by GoldHorse(m): 10:50am On Feb 07, 2019
I threaten to shoot anybody that I found molesting my small daughter, my young bachelor neighbor started shouting that I am threatening violence against people in the compound .......
I beg wetin dey happen? Hin be get plan for molestation before?

Why PDP dey shout?
Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by lenghtinny(m): 12:28pm On Feb 07, 2019
focus7:

You entered painment mode too early dude. Am afraid something bad may happen to you before the pharmacy shop open this morning.
The guy you quoted is absolutely right angry

You are outrightly stupid. There's no difference between your comments and the rants of an imbec!le
Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by lenghtinny(m): 12:33pm On Feb 07, 2019
GoldHorse:
I threaten to shoot anybody that I found molesting my small daughter, my young bachelor neighbor started shouting that I am threatening violence against people in the compound .......
I beg wetin dey happen? Hin be get plan for molestation before?

Why PDP dey shout?
You sai barbarians are just ridiculous bunch of clowns....

What kinda stupid comparison is this angry Even the Fg gave a better excuse than this nonsense you put together....

I believe you have a brain, but maybe you are not aware that you do
Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by lenghtinny(m): 12:51pm On Feb 07, 2019
capitalzero:

of course, buhari may resign or become incapacitated or die few months after swearing in. Osinbajo will be president and el Rufai as vp.
God forbid bad thingshocked

I'd rather Buhari lives for another century than two short people suffering from napoleon syndrome leading the affairs of the nation angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

El-Rufai Orders Removal Of Roadblocks At Kaduna's State Boundaries / PDP Confirms Agboola Ajayi's Defection / Farah Dagogo Gets Bail After Two Months In Detention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.