Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,149 members, 7,815,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

El-rufai Defends ‘body Bag’ Comment, Says ‘I Stood Up For Nigeria’s Dignity’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-rufai Defends ‘body Bag’ Comment, Says ‘I Stood Up For Nigeria’s Dignity’ (404 Views)

Bashir El-Rufai Defends Atiku, Knocks Critics / El-Rufai Denies "Body Bags" Comment, Says He Never Meant Violence, See Reactions / Wole Soyinka Reacts To Buhari's Rule Of Law Comment, Says 'An Advance Warning' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

El-rufai Defends ‘body Bag’ Comment, Says ‘I Stood Up For Nigeria’s Dignity’ by naijapikin04(m): 7:04am On Feb 07, 2019
https://nextedition.com.ng/2019/02/07/el-rufai-defends-body-bags-comment-says-stood-nigeria-dignity/

Governor Nasir el-Rufai of Kaduna state has said his comments that foreigners who interfere in the country’s forthcoming general elections would leave in body bags was made in the interest of the country.

Dismissing the criticisms which have trailed the comments, he maintained that he was defending the dignity of Nigeria.

Recall that the governor had said on the Nigerian Television Authority, NTA, on Tuesday that foreigners planning to interfere with the country’s election will leave in body bags.

In a statement signed by his spokesman, Samuel Aruwan, on Wednesday, el-Rufai insisted there was nothing wrong with his comments.

The statement read; “When Malam Nasir El-Rufai appeared on NTA’s Tuesday Night Live, he made comments every patriot can understand. He stood up for Nigeria’s dignity in the wake of those who would traduce their country and reduce it to the status of a colony in their vain quest for power.

Re: El-rufai Defends ‘body Bag’ Comment, Says ‘I Stood Up For Nigeria’s Dignity’ by Buharimustgo16F: 7:05am On Feb 07, 2019
Better lose await that fool
Re: El-rufai Defends ‘body Bag’ Comment, Says ‘I Stood Up For Nigeria’s Dignity’ by Nwodosis(m): 7:06am On Feb 07, 2019
Who set up the defence panel for him? With all the killings going on in Kaduna, the governor of the state is threatening people with more deaths! One can safely say that he's responsible for all the killings in his state.
Re: El-rufai Defends ‘body Bag’ Comment, Says ‘I Stood Up For Nigeria’s Dignity’ by haladadon: 7:13am On Feb 07, 2019
Nigeria has no dignity.
you don talk, you don talk, na last be this.
your irrelevance in politics begins from here henceforth. the international community will not let you go with that comment.
Re: El-rufai Defends ‘body Bag’ Comment, Says ‘I Stood Up For Nigeria’s Dignity’ by Nobody: 7:43am On Feb 07, 2019
Bloody terrorist El Rufai

(1) (Reply)

More Pictures Of APC Presidential Rally In Bayelsa / Police Nab 14 Sacks Containing Thumb-printed Ballot Papers In Kano / #nigeriandecide The ‘lesser Of Two Evils

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.