Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,470 members, 7,812,440 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

Whats Your Opinion ON CELESTIAL CHURCH - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Whats Your Opinion ON CELESTIAL CHURCH (921 Views)

Labourer’s Death Sparks Violent Attack On Celestial Church In Lagos|omohglobalne / Police Storm Celestial Church Of Christ In New York As Members Fight (Pics, Vide / Celestial Church Sings & Dances To Olamide's "WO" During Service (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats Your Opinion ON CELESTIAL CHURCH by LASTMAN2018: 8:17am On Feb 07, 2019
Hello everyone please pardon my grammatical blunder,

I have not been to church over awhile now and I will like to start going to church now, does anyone here think celestial church is OK

And I will like to ask one or two questions

1. please what's the advantage of attending celestial church
2. please what's disadvantage
3. Can you recommend Celestial Church to anyone and why
Re: Whats Your Opinion ON CELESTIAL CHURCH by samuel900(m): 8:25am On Feb 07, 2019
You must be mad......cos you don't have ideal of the church, neither do you know the generation of the church. Celestial is not like any other church.

LASTMAN2018:

I have not been to church over awhile now and I will like to start going to church now, does anyone here think celestial church is OK

Re: Whats Your Opinion ON CELESTIAL CHURCH by kaycexx(m): 8:32am On Feb 07, 2019
samuel900:
You must be mad......cos you don't have ideal of the church, neither do you know the generation of the church. Celestial is not like any other church.

I don’t understand your anger.
Re: Whats Your Opinion ON CELESTIAL CHURCH by LASTMAN2018: 8:32am On Feb 07, 2019
samuel900:

bro you don't have to abuse at least I wanted to know more about the church that's why I came here to seek for peoples opinion, so if you don't mind I will like to know what's your take on this
Re: Whats Your Opinion ON CELESTIAL CHURCH by LASTMAN2018: 8:34am On Feb 07, 2019
kaycexx:

I don’t understand your anger.

neither do I please sir what do you think on this
Re: Whats Your Opinion ON CELESTIAL CHURCH by samuel900(m): 8:49am On Feb 07, 2019
The Celestial Church of Christ is an African Initiated Church founded by Samuel Bilewu Joseph Oshoffa on 29 September 1947 in Porto-Novo, Benin. It is mainly located in Africa and in the Afro-descendant communities in the world, particularly in Benin and Nigeria.

The movement was founded by Samuel Bilewu Joseph Oshoffa, a former carpenter born in Dahomey (now Benin) in 1909.[3] Raised as Protestant (Methodism), he had a divine revelation on 27 May 1947, during a solar eclipse, in a forest where he was lost. He felt called to pray, to heal the sick, and to raise the dead, and he founded his church in September 1947.[4] Having appointed himself through the guidiance the Prophet, Reverend, Pastor, and Founder, he occupied the highest office of the movement he had just founded. The hegemony he exercised on doctrine and discipline issues made succession difficult after his death in 1985 in Lagos, Nigeria.[3]

The Celestial Church of Christ (CCC) was recognized and authorized by the Republic of Dahomey (former name of Benin) in 1965. From 1976, the church launched an evangelistic campaign in the former colony of the French West Africa, which became independent in 1960. From the late 1990s, this church has shown its willingness to use the Internet as a privileged means of evangelization thus allowing the many existing branches of the church within the African Diaspora (United Kingdom, Germany, Austria, France, USA) to maintain contact with each other and with Nigeria, the country in which the church is the most popular.[5]

The movement has continued to grow since Oshoffa's death, but has also suffered setbacks—the most immediate being severe difficulties related to the matter of succession.[6] Oshoffa was succeeded by Alexander Abiodun Adebayo Bada, who was head of the church until his death on 8 September 2000.[7] Bada was briefly followed as leader by Philip Hunsu Ajose, who died in March 2001. There was a dispute over the succession to Ajose, with some declaring Gilbert Oluwatosin Jesse the leader, while others recognised the Reverend Emmanuel Oshoffa, son of Samuel Oshoffa.[8] Following Jesse's death, his faction declared that Superior Evangelist Paul Suru Maforikan was the new spiritual leader of the church.[9] Contrary to the procedure of succession in Nigeria, Porto-Novo, the supreme headquarter, successfully chose Benoit Agbaossi (1931–2010) to the head of the church, who in his turn appointed Benoit Adeogun as the next Rev. Pastor shortly before his death in 2010.

On Wednesday 10 June 2015, the Celestial Church of Christ was enmeshed in another leadership crisis as Rev Olatosho Oshoffa, another son of the late founder of the church, declared himself as a unification leader worldwide. His elder brother, Emmanuel Mobiyina Oshoffa, was a factional head of the church until this latest development. Prior to this, there had been issues between the two Oshoffa brothers. Reverend Olatosho claimed he saw his father twice in his dream mandating him to unite all factions claiming right to the pastoral seat and he has reached out to his elder Rev Emmanuel Mobiyina Oshoffa, Rev Owodunni, Rev Adeogun, Rev Paul Maforikan, Rev Shoneken and others for unification of the church worldwide and to make Imeko the Celestial holy site accessible to all worshipers.

LASTMAN2018:

bro you don't have to abuse at least I wanted to know more about the church that's why I came here to seek for peoples opinion, so if you don't mind I will like to know what's your take on this
Re: Whats Your Opinion ON CELESTIAL CHURCH by promqueen247(f): 8:57am On Feb 07, 2019
They are good at twerking.

1 Like

Re: Whats Your Opinion ON CELESTIAL CHURCH by Emmanystone: 4:34pm On Feb 07, 2019
LASTMAN2018:

If anyone can tell me if Jesus lives in the Ocean to make the Cele people always go there to do sacrifice in the middle of the night, then i can start attending Cele.
Re: Whats Your Opinion ON CELESTIAL CHURCH by Emmanystone: 4:35pm On Feb 07, 2019
samuel900:

because all you do is flog mad people in Cele doesn't mean everyone is Mad nah.

Ansa am first.

(1) (Reply)

Rccg Program @the Lord's Sceptre / Church Members Seen Bowing Down And Scrambling To Touch Pastor Obinim Daughter / I May Be A Fake Prophet But I May B D One God Will Use To Save Ur Life Odumeje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.