Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,995 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Do I Need To Use A Foreign Web Host For My Blog? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Do I Need To Use A Foreign Web Host For My Blog? (753 Views)

How Do I Deal With My Dubious Web Host? / 5 Factors To Consider When Choosing A Web Host Company / Domain Dish; The Perfect Web Host For You.(why Everyone Needs A Website) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do I Need To Use A Foreign Web Host For My Blog? by hinere(m): 10:12am On Feb 07, 2019
Good morning.
I'm a writer and I want to create a blog. Im a newbie in everything "tech" but have been reading and making research about "website creation" because I want to create the blog myself. I believe it will add to my knowledge in tech.
I discovered that the go to host company recommended in my research is "Bluehost". Its a foreign host company.
1) What advantage does bluehost have over our Nigerian host companies?

1 Like

Re: Do I Need To Use A Foreign Web Host For My Blog? by Badassblogger(f): 10:28am On Feb 07, 2019
Fast customer care.. No Downtime

1 Like

Re: Do I Need To Use A Foreign Web Host For My Blog? by hinere(m): 12:22pm On Feb 07, 2019
Badassblogger:
Fast customer care.. No Downtime

Really? That's good.

2 Likes

Re: Do I Need To Use A Foreign Web Host For My Blog? by ebbydare(m): 2:37pm On Feb 07, 2019
I'll advise you go with local web hosting company. Use hostlag.com

Better customer service, make payment in naira easily, cheaper and affordable, protect your data, and let us grow the economy of nigeria together by doing business in Nigeria.
Re: Do I Need To Use A Foreign Web Host For My Blog? by betahost247(m): 4:50pm On Feb 07, 2019
hinere:
Good morning.
I'm a writer and I want to create a blog. Im a newbie in everything "tech" but have been reading and making research about "website creation" because I want to create the blog myself. I believe it will add to my knowledge in tech.
I discovered that the go to host company recommended in my research is "Bluehost". Its a foreign host company.
1) What advantage does bluehost have over our Nigerian host companies?

Hello,

Just in case you might be interested in our services: we are among the best in Nigeria hosting.

Beta Host provides Reliable and Web hosting company in Nigeria starting @ N4,000/year, with free .com.ng domain, free ssl certificate, free seo tools and more server resources compared to other web hosting provider in Nigeria.

We now offer free site lock security to help in protecting your website against attack and malware bytes.

Visit us today and experience unbelievable futures from us:

https://www.betahost247.com/webhosting

I assured you of 100% uptime.

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding our services.

Thank you

Regards,
Grace
Beta Host Limited Sales Team
Re: Do I Need To Use A Foreign Web Host For My Blog? by imhere: 9:16pm On Feb 07, 2019
I will advice you go for foreign host to avoid what I am passing through now

1 Like

Re: Do I Need To Use A Foreign Web Host For My Blog? by LillianB: 10:27pm On Feb 07, 2019
I'm speaking from what I know.

Blue host/hostgator is right about the best web host you can go for, though it's costly to bankroll, but I'll always advice people to go for quality(because that's what lasts)

Local web hosts are still okay(yes, they are cheap) but they come with so many limitations which you'll find difficult to manage as your site gains more traffic and attention.

Blue host got you covered because you can have a live chat with them if something goes wrong with your site.

But whichever you're choosing checkup the following features:

loading speed
money back guarantee
technical support
online store /selling tools (you may want to monetize later)
malware/site protection
scalability
and Lot's more.

Choose right, so you won't have problems that'll make you spend excess money on developers in future.
Re: Do I Need To Use A Foreign Web Host For My Blog? by hinere(m): 2:10am On Feb 08, 2019
imhere:
I will advice you go for foreign host to avoid what I am passing through now

Thanks for your advice.
Re: Do I Need To Use A Foreign Web Host For My Blog? by hinere(m): 2:12am On Feb 08, 2019
LillianB:
I'm speaking from what I know.

Blue host/hostgator is right about the best web host you can go for, though it's costly to bankroll, but I'll always advice people to go for quality(because that's what lasts)

Local web hosts are still okay(yes, they are cheap) but they come with so many limitations which you'll find difficult to manage as your site gains more traffic and attention.

Blue host got you covered because you can have a live chat with them if something goes wrong with your site.

But whichever you're choosing checkup the following features:

loading speed
money back guarantee
technical support
online store /selling tools (you may want to monetize later)
malware/site protection
scalability
and Lot's more.

Choose right, so you won't have problems that'll make you spend excess money on developers in future.

Thanks a lot for this. This is very helpful.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Quality And Affordable Printing by Aklab Prints / Do You Have Nigeria Instagram Account For Sale? / Blogging Issues.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.