Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,070 members, 7,821,674 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

I’ll Provide Security To Make Sure Elections Are Free And Fair- Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Provide Security To Make Sure Elections Are Free And Fair- Buhari (263 Views)

Adeleke: I’ll Provide Private Jet For Ooni’s Trips If Elected Governor / 2019 Polls: I Have Warned INEC To Be Free And Fair — Buhari / I’ll Provide Uninterrupted Electricity – Ezekwesili (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ll Provide Security To Make Sure Elections Are Free And Fair- Buhari by AdewunmiFunmi: 10:21am On Feb 07, 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday said that he would provide adequate security to make sure the 2019 general elections are free and fair across the country.

President Buhari further assured Nigerians that he would not change but remain consistent and steadfast in providing good governance to the nation.

President Buhari stated this while addressing party supporters at the Aper Aku stadium, Makurdi, in continuation of his presidential campaign rally in Benue State.

President Buhari explained that when he came to Benue State in 2015 to canvas for votes, he promised to tackle three key areas which include economy, security and fight against corruption.

He maintained that his administration had been able to stop importation of foreign food, particularly rice and encouraged the farmers by making fertilizers available, thereby promoting large scale farming across rural areas in the country.

“You will recall, when I came to canvas for your votes in 2015, l promised three things; to improve economy, security and fighting corruption. I have been able to stop importation of foreign foods.

“Although fighting corruption has remained a major challenge of this government, I will not change but be consistent and steadfast. All recovered looted funds will be used to improve infrastructure, build roads, construct rail lines and improve power.”

On his part, the leader of the APC in Benue State, Senator George Akume, described the PDP led government in the state as a failed one that had refused to improve on the welfare of Benue people.

According to him, President Buhari had taken a bold step to rescue Nigeria from the hands of corrupt leaders who had completely milked the nation’s resources.

“Money meant for fighting Boko Haram was shared mercilessly by these corrupt leaders.

“Today, many of these people are running away from the money kept in the banks. Buhari does not love money; he was a governor in two states, a former head of state and a minister of petroleum resources, yet he had no oil well.

“ Today, there is one governor in the north central Nigeria who is richer than Buhari and has more money than Buhari in just three and half years of being a governor,” Akume stated.

He explained that Benue people have no problems with Fulani herdsmen, saying that he was a governor for eight years and no farmer had problem with any herder.

In continuation of his campaign in Lafia, Nasarawa State, Buhari said when he came in 2015, he discovered that Boko Haram was using young girls of 15 years to kill people. He said the Islamic sect was planting bombs on the girls and sent them to churches, mosques, markets and any crowded area to detonate the bombs which killed a lot of people.

He said his government had been able to tackle security in fulfillment of his promise when he became president.
Re: I’ll Provide Security To Make Sure Elections Are Free And Fair- Buhari by EdoBoyJazzie: 10:27am On Feb 07, 2019
And you think we believe you.
Re: I’ll Provide Security To Make Sure Elections Are Free And Fair- Buhari by AbbeyvanPersie(m): 10:30am On Feb 07, 2019
Ok
Re: I’ll Provide Security To Make Sure Elections Are Free And Fair- Buhari by SalamRushdie: 10:32am On Feb 07, 2019
or rather you plan to use security to rig
Re: I’ll Provide Security To Make Sure Elections Are Free And Fair- Buhari by Racoon(m): 10:40am On Feb 07, 2019
Meanwhile, same attempting to use same security to rig the elections as you alleged to use "remote control" to win the Osun rerun.The world is on your tail Mr.President.
Re: I’ll Provide Security To Make Sure Elections Are Free And Fair- Buhari by BuhariLooter(m): 10:46am On Feb 07, 2019
Fellow Nigerians, check President Muhammadu Buhari's cabinet today, you will see that our ministers are mainly politicians with little or no technical knowledge in their areas of duties.
Do you think such cabinet can take us to the promise land?before Mr Buhari assumed office as president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, he swore an oath to defend and promote the Constitution of the country but unfortunately we have watched helpless as the president has trampled under his feet both the Constitution and the rule of law which he was elected to uphold in the following cases:
a) Outright disrespect to the principle of federal character in the appoint of principal officers to head government agencies, with over 80% of key officers from the north
b) Unlawful detention of the Islamic cleric leader, El Zakzakky against existing court orders granting his release
c) unlawful detention of Sambo Dasuki, despite court ruling granting his release on bail
d) Unconstitutional removal of the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen contrary to the provision of the Constitution that only a recommendation from the NJC or 2/3 majority of the Senate, but rather relying on an ex-parte order from Justice Umar who is also under investigation from the EFCC and having a case at the court, to perpetuate the illegalitythe National party chairman of the ruling party is under investigation by the EFCC for a crime of over 500 million naira fraud , Yet he goes about with Mr president in all of his company across the country, also the president of CCT Justice Umar is under trial for a crime of about 10 millions naira yet Mr president received an order from him to suspend the CJN.
now judge for yourself, can such an individual that displays such level of hypocrisy lead a nation like Nigeria to greatness for our unborn generation?Selective Anti corruption Fight against perceived political enemies while openly celebrating and shielding corrupt elements in his party. Off course it is no longer news that the Anti corruption War that is being fought by the Buhari led Administration is fake and aimed at the opposition party unless proven otherwise. By looking at the following scenario, you be the judge.Obasenjo book my watch is his personal opinion and account from the angle he sees it.
If he actually have all the evidence he said he has against Atiku during his tenure he would have nailed him without pity.
Also if BUBU has much evidence against Atiku he also would have nailed him.
If Atiku is not an option BUBU should not be a thought at all.Atiku dey go nuclear!Atiku is modern like Apple Macbook.

(1) (Reply)

My friend needs advice / Ex-NIA DG, Ayo Oke, His Wife Jet Out Of Nigeria Ahead Of EFCC Trial- Thecable / Like I Said Earlier Let's Re-elect Him - AWAWA 1!! - PDP - Power To The People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.