Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

Ortom Replies Akume: I Was A Billionaire Before I Became Benue Governor - - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ortom Replies Akume: I Was A Billionaire Before I Became Benue Governor - (21248 Views)

Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' / Herdsmen: Ortom Replies Bala Mohammed / Pictures Of Benue Governor's Rice Farm Burnt By Hersmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ortom Replies Akume: I Was A Billionaire Before I Became Benue Governor - by unclesuruoffi: 5:43am On Feb 08, 2019
Samuel Ortom who replied Senator George Akume on claims of enriching himself after he became Governor, disclosed that he was already a billionaire before he came a Benue Governor.  Senator George Akume made the allegation at the Buhari’s presidential campaign rally held at Aper Aku Stadium in Makurdi on Wednesday

However replying him Ortom said, “The truth of the matter is that Akume cannot hold me responsible for not being able to provide jobs; I was a billionaire before I became governor.

“Before I became a minister, I had to resign my position as the chairman of my company and the company is doing fine. I borrowed money from Nexim Bank, Bank of Industry and CBN.

“I discovered a window, through the present minister of agriculture that there was fund available for agricultural development programme. This I introduced to Akume that with all his asset around, he could obtain N5bn loan and invest in business. But he told me he did not have capacity to run business, so can he blame me for that?

“Akume was a governor for eight years and he stole N2bn before he left office; up till now, the case is with the EFCC  but because he is in the APC, nothing is happening of the case.

“ That’s the reason why I said the EFCC was a  tool of the APC, if not, Akume is supposed to be in jail now.”

https://unclesuru.com/2019/02/08/i-was-a-billionaire-before-i-became-benue-governor-ortom-replies-akume/

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom Replies Akume: I Was A Billionaire Before I Became Benue Governor - by Dannyset(m): 6:16am On Feb 08, 2019
Every politician now covering their ass with investment in agriculture cos that's the only business you're allowed to invest in as government official in Nigeria. I laff grin

31 Likes

Re: Ortom Replies Akume: I Was A Billionaire Before I Became Benue Governor - by braveboy64(m): 6:22am On Feb 08, 2019
Billionaire?

4 Likes

Re: Ortom Replies Akume: I Was A Billionaire Before I Became Benue Governor - by Flyingngel(m): 7:07am On Feb 08, 2019
Na their wahala.
Re: Ortom Replies Akume: I Was A Billionaire Before I Became Benue Governor - by princemillla(m): 7:09am On Feb 08, 2019
OK forex trading, agricultural proceeds, millionaire from heaven etc.... Is now like a new sheet of paper some politians r u using to cover faces now

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom Replies Akume: I Was A Billionaire Before I Became Benue Governor - by sogodihno: 7:25am On Feb 08, 2019
can you imagine, he said Akume can not hold him responsible for not providing job, a sitting governor spewing nonsense, so who should provide job, and this idiot will open his mouth tomorrow to abuse Buhari. you can't pay salary, you can't provide jobs.

useless people.

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ortom Replies Akume: I Was A Billionaire Before I Became Benue Governor - by Archiever22: 7:48am On Feb 08, 2019
motor park tout is talking

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom Replies Akume: I Was A Billionaire Before I Became Benue Governor - by Sunofgod(m): 8:36am On Feb 08, 2019
They are all thieves.

2 Likes

Re: Ortom Replies Akume: I Was A Billionaire Before I Became Benue Governor - by ainas247: 8:37am On Feb 08, 2019
smiley ebi like say they want to tell us another story again ooo

Rank your business on Google and get more clients check my profile to see new results

1 Like

Re: Ortom Replies Akume: I Was A Billionaire Before I Became Benue Governor - by dkronicle(m): 8:37am On Feb 08, 2019
Politicians are liars

1 Like

Re: Ortom Replies Akume: I Was A Billionaire Before I Became Benue Governor - by adekalumichael: 8:38am On Feb 08, 2019
Time heals. The masses deserve more than what they are getting from you leaders. Posterity will judge.

Join other non-lazy youths to learn how to do design for M&E companies. Available training are HVAC, electrical, fire fighting and plumbing including Revit MEP. Check siggy for more details.
Re: Ortom Replies Akume: I Was A Billionaire Before I Became Benue Governor - by Seetto: 8:38am On Feb 08, 2019
sogodihno:
can you imagine, he said Akume can not hold him responsible for not providing job, a sitting governor spewing nonsense, so who should provide job, and this idiot will open his mouth tomorrow to abuse Buhari. you can't pay salary, you can't provide jobs.

useless people.

1 Like

Re: Ortom Replies Akume: I Was A Billionaire Before I Became Benue Governor - by argon500: 8:38am On Feb 08, 2019
Billionaire.. How?

2 Likes

Re: Ortom Replies Akume: I Was A Billionaire Before I Became Benue Governor - by ebuka10box(m): 8:38am On Feb 08, 2019
All these polithiefcians dey claim billionaire before them enter power, na only God go judge them ..... Ortom shut up !!!thief shut up!!!

1 Like

Re: Ortom Replies Akume: I Was A Billionaire Before I Became Benue Governor - by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:39am On Feb 08, 2019
NASO!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ortom Replies Akume: I Was A Billionaire Before I Became Benue Governor - by Nobody: 8:39am On Feb 08, 2019
But now you have made benue civil servants beggers.

1 Like

Re: Ortom Replies Akume: I Was A Billionaire Before I Became Benue Governor - by handsomeyinka(m): 8:40am On Feb 08, 2019
This Governor must be high on TEQUILA

1 Like

Re: Ortom Replies Akume: I Was A Billionaire Before I Became Benue Governor - by yinkus6750(m): 8:40am On Feb 08, 2019
How did you made your millions?.
Which visible investments did you have, and what impact did you made in the society and on your people?
Obviously, Benue isn't where it suppose to be in terms of development.
The only fame you have is defending your people against Fulani herdsmen.
You and Akume aren't different in terms of governance.

1 Like

Re: Ortom Replies Akume: I Was A Billionaire Before I Became Benue Governor - by landmark86: 8:40am On Feb 08, 2019
Those idiots are exchanging words
Both have stealing from the government purse.
I just pity the Benue people, they lie in poverty when their polithieves live large.
Re: Ortom Replies Akume: I Was A Billionaire Before I Became Benue Governor - by Bizzysmitty(m): 8:41am On Feb 08, 2019
Ortom, billionaire How?
Re: Ortom Replies Akume: I Was A Billionaire Before I Became Benue Governor - by daddytime(m): 8:41am On Feb 08, 2019
Don't be angry with Akume Mr Otum, you sure don't look it or remotely reason as one who knows what a Billion naira looks or smells like...

Monkey...bush man over-estimating his net worth in advance of his intended loot...

2 Likes

Re: Ortom Replies Akume: I Was A Billionaire Before I Became Benue Governor - by Pavore9: 8:41am On Feb 08, 2019
Two sides of the same coin! angry
Re: Ortom Replies Akume: I Was A Billionaire Before I Became Benue Governor - by MeetDx(m): 8:42am On Feb 08, 2019
post=75525060:
NASO!

Na so? Hailing a thief? This is the very reason why the Country is drowning! Smh
Re: Ortom Replies Akume: I Was A Billionaire Before I Became Benue Governor - by calyto: 8:43am On Feb 08, 2019
Billionaire as Secretary to CNC chairman?
Billionaire as former Guma local government chairman for few months in 1992?
Billionaire as State secretary of PDP when the State Chairman then, Dr. Agbo is not?
Billionaire as a minister under GEJ?
Billionaire from Oracle bakery and Oracle printing press that has nothing before 2015?

If it was that easy, everybody would have been billionaires.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom Replies Akume: I Was A Billionaire Before I Became Benue Governor - by adejumoke2019: 8:44am On Feb 08, 2019
story for the gods
Re: Ortom Replies Akume: I Was A Billionaire Before I Became Benue Governor - by Seetto: 8:46am On Feb 08, 2019
Ortom is not popular in Benue state because of his failure to pay workers salary, he collected bail out fund and Paris club fund only for him to organised traditional rulers and share the money for them.

1 Like

Re: Ortom Replies Akume: I Was A Billionaire Before I Became Benue Governor - by Xuccybest: 8:47am On Feb 08, 2019
Nigeria is a free country that you do anything you like and go away with, imagine a seating governor blowing such things in his mouth, Nd benue will still vote for him

(1) (2) (Reply)

Video : Just In : President Buhari Arrived Abuja From Japan / Scores Killed As Troops Bomb Vehicles Conveying ISWAP Terrorists In Borno / Jonathan And Sambo Visit Oba Of Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.