Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,166 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

Osaze Odewingie: The Man Of The Match - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Osaze Odewingie: The Man Of The Match (1247 Views)

Poll: Did Osaze made the right move by going to West Brom Albion?

Yes: 100% (7 votes)
No: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

West Brom Players Present Osaze Odemwingie QPR Shirt In Dressing Room / Who Is The El-classico Man Of The Match? / I Used Koscielny Because Of Osaze Odemwingie - Arsene Wenger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osaze Odewingie: The Man Of The Match by Papishi(m): 5:12pm On Aug 21, 2010
I have just confirmed that our own Peter Odemwigie has perfomed beyond any reasonable doubt in his first match for West Brom Albion.
And for those of you who thinks dat he made the wrong move I believe dat time will eventually prove you wrong. Osaze scored the only goal of the Match.
Re: Osaze Odewingie: The Man Of The Match by Papishi(m): 5:19pm On Aug 21, 2010
any pesissimist should dare and speak.
Re: Osaze Odewingie: The Man Of The Match by Wilfem(m): 6:34pm On Aug 21, 2010
I'm so so happy for him.
Re: Osaze Odewingie: The Man Of The Match by adejonny: 7:00pm On Aug 21, 2010
Debutant Peter Odemwingie scored a late winner as West Brom secured a deserved win over unadventurous Sunderland.

The Uzbekistan-born striker   (if he commited crime, it would have read the Nigerian striker)missed an earlier chance when clean through but made no mistake with nine minutes left as he slotted in James Morrison's pass.

The Black Cats rarely threatened with Kieran Richardson and Nedum Onuoha providing some rare spark late on.

Chris Brunt was outstanding in the middle for the Baggies and crashed a shot against the crossbar near the end.

Showing no signs of a hangover from last week's 6-0 drubbing by Chelsea, the hosts, bar a wobbly five minutes after the hour, looked full of verve and creativity with Brunt in particular pulling the strings from the middle and out wide.

Di Matteo happy to get three points
And it was the Northern Irish midfielder who ripped open the visitors' defence early on to set up new team-mate Odemwingie for a glorious chance to open the scoring.

However, just 24 hours since moving from Lokomotiv Moscow and securing international clearance on Friday night, the forward, who plays for Nigeria, looked a little jittery and hooked his weak shot wide of Scott Carson's right post.

With boss Steve Bruce sticking with front men Darren Bent and Fraizer Campbell on the back of last week's two-goal surrender to Birmingham, Sunderland looked shockingly bereft of attacking ideas and were restricted to two tame free-kicks in the first period.

Scotland's fit-again Morrison was another proving a handful for Bruce's new look defence as he blazed wide from the edge of the box before crossing for Brunt, who could only head off target.

West Brom, eyeing just a third win in 18 Premier League matches, continued to dominate proceedings and came within a few inches of a spectacular opener before the break.

Defender Marek Cech out-sprinted the Black Cats' defence and whipped the ball in for the unmarked Brunt to produce a stunning overhead kick but had to watch it fly narrowly over the bar.

The momentum remained in West Brom's favour in the second half as Sunderland's Belgian goalkeeper Simon Mignolet was called into action yet again as he smothered a Brunt header.

Bruce waited just past the hour to introduce new faces, introducing Danny Welbeck and Boudewijn Zenden, and for a few minutes, the visitors briefly came alive.

But keeper Carson was up to the test as he tipped over Richardson's 25-yard shot and then comfortably held on to a header from on-loan defender Onuoha.

Sunderland "not good enough" - Bruce
As Sunderland ran out of ideas and seemingly unhappy to work harder for three points, they suffered a sucker-punch as Odemwingie picked up Morrison's cute through-ball to cap a lively first game in West Brom's colours with a well-taken goal.

There was even time for Brunt to get within a whisker of a deserved goal as he blasted against the bar.

A job well done for Roberto Di Matteo's team but sterner tests await with trips to Liverpool, Arsenal and Manchester United coming up.
Re: Osaze Odewingie: The Man Of The Match by adagz01(m): 7:03pm On Aug 21, 2010
For him to score a goal in his debut match he deserves 100 thumbs up.go go go, osaz
Re: Osaze Odewingie: The Man Of The Match by skipo4u(m): 7:31pm On Aug 21, 2010
Thumb up for him, more to come,
Re: Osaze Odewingie: The Man Of The Match by Nobody: 8:23pm On Aug 21, 2010
I told folks before World Cup that he was our best bet to lead the line as a lone Striker.

Everyone was arguing that he can only play in the wings.

See the amount of work he put in today.
Re: Osaze Odewingie: The Man Of The Match by unclebros: 8:40pm On Aug 21, 2010
Osaz my Guy
Re: Osaze Odewingie: The Man Of The Match by Robotnik: 9:23pm On Aug 21, 2010
nobody knows how happy I am for this guy, imagine west brom beating bent's team, omo osaz u 2 gbaski!!

ur number 1 FAN
Re: Osaze Odewingie: The Man Of The Match by rickie4us(m): 9:30pm On Aug 21, 2010
Osaze, congrats. I hope you will score more goals
Re: Osaze Odewingie: The Man Of The Match by MRMoneyE(m): 9:48pm On Aug 21, 2010
Hear one of the westbrom fans saying= ''First win. First clean sheet. First goal for Odemwingie. Nice''
Re: Osaze Odewingie: The Man Of The Match by marabout(m): 9:49pm On Aug 21, 2010
Adejonny,

No mind them. If na 419 den for catch am na Naija dem go put there straightaway.
If our leaders were just a tad serious, we would just be doing like America: we for no send any body message. We no go jisoro about any body's prejudice and we for just carry go. Nonesense & ingredient.

His football is totally Nigerian. He got into football when he used to follow his dad to matches because his dad was a team doctor.
They find it difficult to associate anything good with us.
The good thing is that  individually we dey carry go wherever we are whether they like it or not. Maybe some day collectively as a people (when the current thieving leaders are dead) we fit carry go too.
Osaze is a class act on a good day.
Re: Osaze Odewingie: The Man Of The Match by medjai(m): 10:21pm On Aug 21, 2010
dream start for Osaze. I'm happy for him. didnt see the game though. I hope he sustains the momentum
Re: Osaze Odewingie: The Man Of The Match by Wilfem(m): 12:25am On Aug 22, 2010
I'll make sure I watch the highlights of the match
Re: Osaze Odewingie: The Man Of The Match by yousouph(m): 6:40am On Aug 22, 2010
More goals for Osaze (not against gunners sha.lol) and better club next season.

(1) (Reply)

UCL : AC Milan Vs Real Madrid [2 - 2] On Wednesday 3rd November 2010 / Top 10 Reasons Why Man U Lost To Barcelona / Road To Berlin Deciphered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.