Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls (2444 Views)

Pls Wat Breed Of Dog Is Dis / Which Breed Is Dis / Show The Pictures Of Your GSD To Know Who Has A Pure Breed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls by Leunamme1(m): 11:06am On Feb 08, 2019
Can anyone who knows much about dis breed pls help me out if it's a pure breed or not,pls I need it a distance pls cause I was told she is a pedigree dog,Thu her parents were according to what I was told
Re: I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls by Leunamme1(m): 11:08am On Feb 08, 2019
Dis is another pics
Re: I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls by Leunamme1(m): 11:10am On Feb 08, 2019
Re: I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls by frowland(m): 11:47am On Feb 08, 2019
Because its a female, I will say 75%.
Re: I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls by Leunamme1(m): 12:04pm On Feb 08, 2019
Okay,is there anything I need to know about,her been female and 75%cause am new to dis breed and she was sent from d UK as a puppy
Re: I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls by IamAnderson(m): 12:16pm On Feb 08, 2019
it's a Yugoslavian Shepherd.... it looks like a good quality one too some people might mistake it for a Caucasian ovcharka tho... but it's not
Re: I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls by Leunamme1(m): 12:21pm On Feb 08, 2019
IamAnderson:
it's a Yugoslavian Shepherd.... it looks like a good quality one too
some people might mistake it for a Caucasian ovcharka tho... but it's not
so how can dea possibly be differentiated pls,I need to be enlightened
Re: I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls by Leunamme1(m): 12:37pm On Feb 08, 2019
IamAnderson:
it's a Yugoslavian Shepherd.... it looks like a good quality one too
some people might mistake it for a Caucasian ovcharka tho... but it's not
and if she is been crossed with a Caucasian shepherd do u think her puppies will come out well cause am not sure deas a Yugoslavian shepherd my side only Caucasian#large ones
Re: I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls by IamAnderson(m): 6:30pm On Feb 08, 2019
Leunamme1:
so how can dea possibly be differentiated pls,I need to be enlightened
the difference isn't that noticeable in fact, people usually sell Yugoslavian Shepherds as Caucasians in Nigeria.
they are practically the same thing only that the Yugoslavian is slightly smaller and it has a longer snout with less fur, it also isn't as thick as a Caucasian

1 Like

Re: I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls by IamAnderson(m): 6:39pm On Feb 08, 2019
Leunamme1:
and if she is been crossed with a Caucasian shepherd do u think her puppies will come out well cause am not sure deas a Yugoslavian shepherd my side only Caucasian#large ones
sure the puppies will be beautiful depending on the Caucasian you mix her with
a lot of caucs in Nigeria are either Yugoslavians or have Yugoslavian ancestors
if the Caucasian looks slightly like a Yugoslavian Shepherd, then you're good to go
e.g something like the Caucasian in the pic will blend well

Re: I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls by Leunamme1(m): 7:39pm On Feb 08, 2019
IamAnderson:

sure the puppies will be beautiful depending on the Caucasian you mix her with
a lot of caucs in Nigeria are either Yugoslavians or have Yugoslavian ancestors
if the Caucasian looks slightly like a Yugoslavian Shepherd, then you're good to go
e.g something like the Caucasian in the pic will blend well
I know of a male much bigger fan dis and almost same colour with my female and pls do u have an idea of what age dea stop growing in height
Re: I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls by Emsun01: 7:53pm On Feb 08, 2019
Bro your dog is a Caucasian and not any Yugoslavian....take note your dog is a Caucasian...
Mate it with a good male and have good puppies and enjoy your cool money
Re: I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls by Leunamme1(m): 8:05pm On Feb 08, 2019
Emsun01:
Bro your dog is a Caucasian and not any Yugoslavian....take note your dog is a Caucasian...
okay bro but is she a good one for a female
Re: I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls by IamAnderson(m): 9:43pm On Feb 08, 2019
Emsun01:
I understand you don't know what a Yugoslavian Shepherd is..... you can google it and see
Re: I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls by IamAnderson(m): 9:44pm On Feb 08, 2019
Emsun01:
now the first pic is Yugoslavian Shepherd while the other is a Caucasian
which one looks more like op's dog?
know what you're saying first before you oppose somebody

Re: I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls by IamAnderson(m): 10:09pm On Feb 08, 2019
Emsun01:
second pic
this is a Caucasian.... notice the size difference?
the shorter snout?
the fur length?

Re: I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls by IamAnderson(m): 10:12pm On Feb 08, 2019
Leunamme1:
okay bro but is she a good one for a female
the dog has very good quality bro.
people that think it's a Caucasian will tell you the quality is not that high but for a Yugoslavian Shepherd, it's a high quality dog.
it's just not fully grown yet
Re: I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls by IamAnderson(m): 10:14pm On Feb 08, 2019
Leunamme1:
I know of a male much bigger fan dis and almost same colour with my female and pls do u have an idea of what age dea stop growing in height
they stop growing at about 2-3 years....although the growth is very slow after 1year
Re: I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls by space9880: 11:25pm On Feb 08, 2019
Leunamme1:
Can anyone who knows much about dis breed pls help me out if it's a pure breed or not,pls I need it a distance pls cause I was told she is a pedigree dog,Thu her parents were according to what I was told
it's a good dog but you have to verify if it's pedigree or not don't go by what the seller tells you.
Re: I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls by Proudnigga(m): 11:45pm On Feb 08, 2019
space9880:
it's a good dog but you have to verify if it's pedigree or not don't go by what the seller tells you.
how can one verify if a dog is pedigree outside sellers claims
Re: I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls by space9880: 11:59pm On Feb 08, 2019
Proudnigga:
how can one verify if a dog is pedigree outside sellers claims

tell seller to produce pedigree paper, always buy from a reputable and well know breeder that is member of a club and in your case since the dog is imported ask for importation papers and all other necessary documents. good luck
Re: I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls by Leunamme1(m): 3:18am On Feb 09, 2019
As for Her,she came with some clearance paper,of which I knew nothing about den,so I thought dea weren't useful as a puppy and moreover I was also thinking it's just documents and dat she was already in Nigeria and no need,I might have misplaced it,but as for d clearance,dat I know we did at mma Ikeja our self
Re: I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls by Leunamme1(m): 3:41am On Feb 09, 2019
space9880:

tell seller to produce pedigree paper, always buy from a reputable and well know breeder that is member of a club and in your case since the dog is imported ask for importation papers and all other necessary documents. good luck
and my case since I might have misplaced those documents,Please do u have an idea of how i can join a club or get her re registered?
Re: I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls by Leunamme1(m): 4:19am On Feb 09, 2019
IamAnderson:

second pic
the shorter snout?
the fur length?
pls do u live or know someone who lives in lagos? Somewhere around ikorodu area with a very good quality male for stud,most around my area,from the look of things are big but ain't up to my satisfaction,I need a 110% quality if possible,can't make same mistake twice pls
Re: I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls by IamAnderson(m): 8:06am On Feb 09, 2019
Leunamme1:
pls do u live or know someone who lives in lagos? Somewhere around ikorodu area with a very good quality male for stud,most around my area,from the look of things are big but ain't up to my satisfaction,I need a 110% quality if possible,can't make same mistake twice pls
sorry I don't live or really know people who live in Lagos...... you can ask her on NL or go to Facebook tho
I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for
Re: I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls by Leunamme1(m): 11:26am On Feb 09, 2019
IamAnderson:

second pic
the shorter snout?
the fur length?
sorry but please is ur caucasian shepherd a pedigree dog or just a very good one?
Re: I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls by IamAnderson(m): 4:10pm On Feb 09, 2019
Leunamme1:
sorry but please is ur caucasian shepherd a pedigree dog or just a very good one?
mine isn't mature enough for mating
Re: I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls by Leunamme1(m): 9:43pm On Feb 09, 2019
IamAnderson:

mine isn't mature enough for mating
can i just pls see his picture?
Re: I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls by Eveezy(m): 9:57pm On Feb 09, 2019
IamAnderson:

second pic
the shorter snout?
the fur length?
Bro but even google will tell you that you cant just tell the difference by looks. Different caucasians have different looks and builds. You cannot call the op dog a sarplaniniac or a yugoslavian shepherd just by viewing the pic. If the ears of d sarpie u uploaded was cropped and he had a black mask like the cauc u uploaded and same camera position, you wont be able to tell a difference. The caucasian breed goes deep. I feel you may just end up confusing this op
Re: I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls by Leunamme1(m): 11:46pm On Feb 09, 2019
Eveezy:

Bro but even google will tell you that you cant just tell the difference by looks. Different caucasians have different looks and builds. You cannot call the op dog a sarplaniniac or a yugoslavian shepherd just by viewing the pic. If the ears of d sarpie u uploaded was cropped and he had a black mask like the cauc u uploaded and same camera position, you wont be able to tell a difference. The caucasian breed goes deep. I feel you may just end up confusing this op
tnx so much,I really do appreciate,I understand what u all are trying to tell me,but from my research,I read dea were all Same dog,which was breed in different country and climate and turned out to look slightly different from each other and give different names before been recognised by d AKC And moreover if a Caucasian give birth to 4 pups and dae were all relocated to different countries and climatic condition E.g UK,Russia,USA and finally Nigeria,dea can never turn out to look same quality and size,cause one food,personal care and drugs differ,dats what i feel
Re: I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls by Leunamme1(m): 11:57pm On Feb 09, 2019
And as for her size,I was asked to reduce her food by my vet cause her weight was affecting her back limbs growing up cause were she was kept something fell on her legs,cause she was very playful and full of energy,so she under go surgery,if not her parents were x2 of her present size and much hairry due to d weather,sorry to say but must good and big Caucasian I have seen are males and not female,so if anyone has a standard female can I see and pls don't show me males cause have seen bigger
Re: I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls by Leunamme1(m): 12:24am On Feb 10, 2019
Moreover dis was here wen she was 6-7 weeks old den

(1) (2) (Reply)

PICS || Giveaway Price: Solid Male Piebald Boerboel Mastiff Puppy!! / Please I Need Urgent Help / 10 Animals To Avoid Keeping As A Pet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.