Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,981 members, 7,952,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:59 AM

I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls (2557 Views)

Pls Wat Breed Of Dog Is Dis / Which Breed Is Dis / Show The Pictures Of Your GSD To Know Who Has A Pure Breed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls by Leunamme1(m): 12:40am On Feb 10, 2019
Compare her height as a puppy of dat age with dat of the car seat,to me she was massive and a cutie,also made my research before picking dis breed and choosing not to get from Nigeria,to me I was never disappointed with my dogs quality,don't compare a male dogs size to a female,for me she is top nuch from d females have seen both online and real life,just need a very very good male to mate her with wen it's time
Re: I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls by IamAnderson(m): 8:24am On Feb 10, 2019
Eveezy:

Bro but even google will tell you that you cant just tell the difference by looks. Different caucasians have different looks and builds. You cannot call the op dog a sarplaniniac or a yugoslavian shepherd just by viewing the pic. If the ears of d sarpie u uploaded was cropped and he had a black mask like the cauc u uploaded and same camera position, you wont be able to tell a difference. The caucasian breed goes deep. I feel you may just end up confusing this op
well it makes more sense for the dog to be a sarplaniac because even the op said he got the dog from U.K, the dog isn't as big as a pure bred C.O, the dog doesn't even have the same look like an imported C.O things like that
in Nigeria people just call both of them C.O and mix them all the time....I think that's why people can't differentiate them
the C.Os that usually look like this are mostly the one's bred in Nigeria that have been mixed with sarplaniacs .....imported pure bred Russian C.O never look like that.
anyway... the dog is still a fine dog and people will still call it C.O so you can call it that.
when the dog has puppies, you see that they'll look more like C.O because he's going to mix it with a C.O.
they may be similar but the difference is still there if the animal is pure bred, it's just like frog and toad, tortoise and turtle, crocodile and alligator, people can't usually tell the difference but that doesn't mean the difference isn't there.
the dog is obviously not a Caucasian but you won't notice it again after the cross breeding, I just wanted to tell OP the truth

1 Like

Re: I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls by IamAnderson(m): 8:30am On Feb 10, 2019
Eveezy:

If the ears of d sarpie u uploaded was cropped and he had a black mask like the cauc u uploaded and same camera position, you wont be able to tell a difference.
that's another thing a sarplaniac's black mask isn't usually as prominent as a Caucasian's, if the black mask is bigger then it's more likely to be a Caucasian.
the dog doesn't have a very dark mask which is another attribute of sarplaniacs
Re: I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls by IamAnderson(m): 8:42am On Feb 10, 2019
Leunamme1:
tnx so much,I really do appreciate,I understand what u all are trying to tell me,but from my research,I read dea were all Same dog,which was breed in different country and climate and turned out to look slightly different from each other and give different names before been recognised by d AKC And moreover if a Caucasian give birth to 4 pups and dae were all relocated to different countries and climatic condition E.g UK,Russia,USA and finally Nigeria,dea can never turn out to look same quality and size,cause one food,personal care and drugs differ,dats what i feel
another thing is that in Nigeria, every dog that is big, hairy and has a relatively black mask is seen and bred as a Caucasian.
their are many dogs that look like caucs that are being sold as c.o in Nigeria. e.g karst Shepherd, saplarniac Shepherd, European Shepherd, Moscow watch dog e.t.c
people now mix them up and can't even tell the difference between a C.O and a European Shepherd, you may have been seeing karst Shepherds and cross bred dogs and be thinking they are pure bred c.o.
most of our C.Os are mixed with all those other dogs so much that we see them as normal looking caucs and try to believe that their is diversity in the c.o gene pool.
the pure bred Russian C.Os always look different from dogs we buy from Serbia,UK,U.S or even Nigerian bred dogs because they are mostly not C.Os
Re: I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls by IamAnderson(m): 8:49am On Feb 10, 2019
Leunamme1:
can i just pls see his picture?
I don't have any recent pic of him right now but this was when he was 8weeks old..now he's about 6 months old

Re: I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls by IamAnderson(m): 8:54am On Feb 10, 2019
Leunamme1:
Compare her height as a puppy of dat age with dat of the car seat,to me she was massive and a cutie,also made my research before picking dis breed and choosing not to get from Nigeria,to me I was never disappointed with my dogs quality,don't compare a male dogs size to a female,for me she is top nuch from d females have seen both online and real life,just need a very very good male to mate her with wen it's time
OP don't bother yourself your dog is very fine, I hope you find a good quality male soon bro
Re: I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls by space9880: 10:31am On Feb 10, 2019
iamandersonnis your dog a CO?
Re: I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls by IamAnderson(m): 11:05am On Feb 10, 2019
space9880:
iamandersonnis your dog a CO?
not pure bred but mostly

1 Like

Re: I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls by blessed2012(m): 11:08am On Feb 10, 2019
IamAnderson:

second pic
this is a Caucasian.... notice the size difference?
the shorter snout?
the fur length?
You are totally right. I was also confused earlier with the general Caucasian Shepherd in Nigeria cause Caucasian Shepherd and St Bernard are gaint breed dogs that's used for Human rescue.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls by Leunamme1(m): 1:20pm On Feb 10, 2019
IamAnderson:

that's another thing a sarplaniac's black mask isn't usually as prominent as a Caucasian's, if the black mask is bigger then it's more likely to be a Caucasian.
the dog doesn't have a very dark mask which is another attribute of sarplaniacs
i know am trying to learn but,so are u telling me dis isn't a Caucasian??It's looks younger dan urs,and even big and also a male like urs,so tell me,what breed is dis den?

Re: I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls by IamAnderson(m): 1:48pm On Feb 10, 2019
Leunamme1:
i know am trying to learn but,so are u telling me dis isn't a Caucasian??It's looks younger dan urs,and even big and also a male like urs,so tell me,what breed is dis den?
It looks like a Caucasian although the black mask isn't really there, it may become more prominent when the dog grows older or it can be that the dog has been diluted (size isn't enough of a factor to tell if the dog is a Caucasian)
Re: I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls by Leunamme1(m): 2:13pm On Feb 10, 2019
IamAnderson:

It looks like a Caucasian although the black mask isn't really there, it may become more prominent when the dog grows older or it can be that the dog has been diluted (size isn't enough of a factor to tell if the dog is a Caucasian)
it's okay if u say so,so pls were exactly are u located,I mean which state
Re: I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls by IamAnderson(m): 2:21pm On Feb 10, 2019
Leunamme1:
it's okay if u say so,so pls were exactly are u located,I mean which state
port Harcourt
Re: I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls by Leunamme1(m): 3:07pm On Feb 10, 2019
IamAnderson:

port Harcourt
okay
Re: I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls by Leunamme1(m): 5:07pm On Feb 10, 2019
Pls does anyone have an idea,of what age a female dog should be induced for heat? Plsssss
Re: I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls by Leunamme1(m): 5:09pm On Feb 10, 2019
Leunamme1:
Pls does anyone have an idea,of what age a female dog should be induced for heat? Plsssss
first heat to be precided,cause my friends dog is two years old and has not yet gone on heat before
Re: I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls by IamAnderson(m): 5:52pm On Feb 10, 2019
Leunamme1:
first heat to be precided,cause my friends dog is two years old and has not yet gone on heat before
she probably went on heat without him noticing
well I've heard cases of female dogs that got their heat very late......I think he should see a vet to check on the dog
Re: I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls by Leunamme1(m): 6:01pm On Feb 10, 2019
IamAnderson:

she probably went on heat without him noticing
well I've heard cases of female dogs that got their heat very late......I think he should see a vet to check on the dog
but according to what he told me he as seen d vet,but d vet said he should be patient and he is very close to d dog so he know she hasn't come on heat yet,so he was thinking of inducing d dogs heat,so she can probably come on heat, so is it advisable to do such?
Re: I Need Help Pls,is Dis Dog A Pure Breed Pls by IamAnderson(m): 7:20pm On Feb 10, 2019
Leunamme1:
but according to what he told me he as seen d vet,but d vet said he should be patient and he is very close to d dog so he know she hasn't come on heat yet,so he was thinking of inducing d dogs heat,so she can probably come on heat, so is it advisable to do such?
I think he should follow the vet's advice, let him just work with the vet and monitor the dog for signs of heat. if it reaches the extent that it will have to be induced, the vet will tell him.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pure Russian Caucasian Ovcharka X Pakistani Bully Kutta Mix PUPPIES AVAILABLE / Pedigree South African Boerboel Male Available For Stud / Pure Breed Slant Back Male Gsd Puppies For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.