Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Jeff Bezos raise alarm as National Enquirer Is Blackmailing Him With Nude Photos - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Jeff Bezos raise alarm as National Enquirer Is Blackmailing Him With Nude Photos (1746 Views)

Glo, MTN, Airtel, Others Move To Raise Tariff / Can My NIMC Serve As National ID Card / 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' (2) (3) (4)

Jeff Bezos raise alarm as National Enquirer Is Blackmailing Him With Nude Photos by TechCapon(m): 1:47pm On Feb 08, 2019
Bezos, the world's richest man, makes the allegation in a highly personal blog post.

Jeff Bezos alleged Thursday that "top people" at The National Enquirer tried to blackmail him by threatening to publish nude photos unless the Amazon chief ended an investigation into how the publication obtained text messages between him and his girlfriend.

In a highly personal blog post, Bezos said the publication recently threatened to publish intimate photos of him and Lauren Sanchez, a former entertainment TV host that Bezos has been linked with romantically. Bezos' post includes email exchanges that he says proves an extortion plot against him.

"Rather than capitulate to extortion and blackmail, I've decided to publish exactly what they sent me, despite the personal cost and embarrassment they threaten," Bezos wrote in the post, which includes emails allegedly from National Enquirer publisher American Media Inc.

In the emails, sent to an attorney for a Bezos security consultant, an AMI executive threatened to publish the photos unless Bezos made false statements that AMI was never "politically motivated or influenced by political forces," according to the blog post.

The Amazon chief notes that David Pecker, CEO of American Media, recently struck an immunity deal with the Justice Department to reveal President Donald Trump's role in hush-money agreements with women ahead of the 2016 US election.

AMI admitted in December to "working in concert" with the Trump campaign to pay off a woman who accused Trump of having an affair with her in order to quash the story.

The National Enquirer was the first to print details of Bezos' affair with Sanchez, which led to the dissolution of Bezos' 25-year marriage to MacKenzie Bezos.

According to one email, the photos include "a naked selfie [of Bezos] in a bathroom – while wearing a wedding ring" and a "glimpse" of Sanchez's "nether region," among others.

"Well, that [the email] got my attention. But not in the way they likely hoped. Any personal embarrassment AMI could cause me takes a back seat because there's a much more important matter involved here. If in my position I can't stand up to this kind of extortion, how many people can?," Bezos writes.

The post comes amid ongoing tension between Bezos and Trump, with the president widely seen as targeting the company because Bezos owns The Washington Post, which has reported critically on the president. In April 2018, Trump ordered an evaluation of the US Postal Service's finances, after weeks of accusing Amazon of not paying its fair share of postage.

Representatives for AMI didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.

The Medium post comes as questions are already swirling about how Bezos' divorce could affect Amazon. If reports that he has no prenuptial agreement are true, his wife may end up with half his fortune and half his ownership in Amazon.

Potential blackmail from the same publication that first reported on Bezos' affair adds a new layer and creates even more problems for Bezos.

SOURCE:https://www.cnet.com/news/jeff-bezos-says-national-enquirer-is-blackmailing-him-with-nude-photos-of-him/

mynd44
dominique

Re: Jeff Bezos raise alarm as National Enquirer Is Blackmailing Him With Nude Photos by TechCapon(m): 1:48pm On Feb 08, 2019
It will be a big privilege to see the asss of the world's richest man. I want to see it o

Re: Jeff Bezos raise alarm as National Enquirer Is Blackmailing Him With Nude Photos by Alphafeezay(m): 1:51pm On Feb 08, 2019
Let's see the nudes first grin
Re: Jeff Bezos raise alarm as National Enquirer Is Blackmailing Him With Nude Photos by Lexusgs430: 2:18pm On Feb 08, 2019
Nothing special about his nudes.......... We all have our own......

But they should still publish it........ cheesy

Re: Jeff Bezos raise alarm as National Enquirer Is Blackmailing Him With Nude Photos by hahn(m): 2:52pm On Feb 08, 2019
We all came into the world naked. What's the big deal?

Re: Jeff Bezos raise alarm as National Enquirer Is Blackmailing Him With Nude Photos by Omololu001: 4:44pm On Feb 08, 2019
TechCapon:
It will be a big privilege to see the asss of the world's richest man. I want to see it o
if am an American billionaire or millionaire, I will never marry any lady. I will just have girlfriends.

Re: Jeff Bezos raise alarm as National Enquirer Is Blackmailing Him With Nude Photos by lanre316: 5:13pm On Feb 08, 2019
Omololu001:
if am an American billionaire or millionaire, I will never marry any lady. I will just have girlfriends.

Walahi, you just spoke my mind. Marriage carry too much wahala than the benefits especially if you are a billionaire in dollars. It's better to just have a string of girlfriends that you can just lay off when they begin to misbehave and malfunction. No time for women wahala abeg.

Re: Jeff Bezos raise alarm as National Enquirer Is Blackmailing Him With Nude Photos by TechCapon(m): 5:41pm On Feb 08, 2019
Omololu001:

you can also do so as a Nigerian.
Re: Jeff Bezos raise alarm as National Enquirer Is Blackmailing Him With Nude Photos by blingxx(m): 8:38pm On Feb 08, 2019
Here we go again.. Useless gold diggers at work dem finally hook Jeff bezos cheesy, cr7 rape accusation never finish sef grin,na Rkelly I still pity most angry
Re: Jeff Bezos raise alarm as National Enquirer Is Blackmailing Him With Nude Photos by biosilicon: 9:24pm On Feb 08, 2019
TechCapon:

Re: Jeff Bezos raise alarm as National Enquirer Is Blackmailing Him With Nude Photos by 1stHooligan(m): 11:39pm On Feb 08, 2019
hahn:
We all came into the world naked. What's the big deal?
I wonder o
Re: Jeff Bezos raise alarm as National Enquirer Is Blackmailing Him With Nude Photos by generationz(f): 11:45pm On Feb 08, 2019
omg
you mean Jeff "nerdy" bezos takes nude pics too hahaha
wow
Kongi is a freaking bastard mehn
turning big men into small boys

Re: Jeff Bezos raise alarm as National Enquirer Is Blackmailing Him With Nude Photos by rusher14: 1:00am On Feb 09, 2019
Fight between Trump and Bezos.
Re: Jeff Bezos raise alarm as National Enquirer Is Blackmailing Him With Nude Photos by punisha: 3:22am On Feb 09, 2019
Typical example of what "not negotiating with terrorists" means.
Re: Jeff Bezos raise alarm as National Enquirer Is Blackmailing Him With Nude Photos by mikeycharles(m): 4:13am On Feb 09, 2019
God is disgusted undecided
Re: Jeff Bezos raise alarm as National Enquirer Is Blackmailing Him With Nude Photos by Nobody: 1:08am On Feb 17, 2019
TechCapon:
you can also do so as a Nigerian.

To what end?

Spouses don’t take half in Nigeria .. getting even 20% is a miracle

Facebook Explains The Cause Of Eight Hours Of Social Media Shutdown (read Detail / Nokia 2.2: Bringing Back Removable Battery / TECNO Pouvoir 3 Review, Features, Specifications & Prices

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72