Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,496 members, 7,830,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Skeptism About Darwinian Evolution Grows As 1000+ Scientists Share Their Doubts - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Skeptism About Darwinian Evolution Grows As 1000+ Scientists Share Their Doubts (854 Views)

Amputated Finger Grows Back In Extra Ordinary Breakthrough Global Crusade VIDEO / Atheism And Darwinian Evolution Are An Intellectual Embarrassment / Darwinian Evolution Doesn't Pass The Scientific Test. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Skeptism About Darwinian Evolution Grows As 1000+ Scientists Share Their Doubts by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:05pm On Feb 09, 2019
Skepticism About Darwinian Evolution Grows as 1,000+ Scientists Share Their Doubts
February 4, 2019, 10:42 AM

Darwinian Evolution

Over 1,000 doctoral scientists from around the world have signed a statement publicly expressing their skepticism about the contemporary theory of Darwinian evolution. The statement, located online at dissentfromdarwin.org, reads: "We are skeptical of claims for the ability of random mutation and natural selection to account for the complexity of life. Careful examination of the evidence for Darwinian theory should be encouraged."

"Because no scientist can show how Darwin's mechanism can produce the complexity of life, every scientist should be skeptical," said biologist Douglas Axe, director of Biologic Institute. "The fact that most won't admit to this exposes the unhealthy effect of peer pressure on scientific discourse."

False Statements About Darwinian Evolution
Discovery Institute first published its Scientific Dissent from Darwinism list in in The New York Review of Books in 2001 to challenge false statements about Darwinian evolution made in PBS's series Evolution. Promoters of the series, among others, claimed that "virtually every scientist in the world believes the theory to be true."

Bruce Chapman, Discovery Institute's Chairman of the Board, found 100 PhD scientists to sign the initial dissent statement. Realizing that there were likely more scientists worldwide who shared some skepticism of Darwinian evolution and were willing to go on record, the Institute has maintained the list and added to it continually since its inception.

The list of signatories now includes 15 scientists from the National Academies of Science in countries including Russia, Czech Republic, Brazil, and the United States, as well as from the Royal Society. Many of the signers are professors or researchers at major universities and international research institutions such as the University of Cambridge, London's Natural History Museum, Moscow State University, Hong Kong University, University of Stellenbosch in South Africa, Institut de Paléontologie Humaine in France, Ben-Gurion University in Israel, MIT, the Smithsonian, Yale, and Princeton.

"As a biochemist I became skeptical about Darwinism when I was confronted with the extreme intricacy of the genetic code and its many most intelligent strategies to code, decode, and protect its information," said Dr. Marcos Eberlin, founder of the Thomson Mass Spectrometry Laboratory, and a member of the National Academy of Sciences in Brazil.

https://evolutionnews.org/2019/02/skepticism-about-darwinian-evolution-grows-as-1000-scientists-share-their-doubts/?

Re: Skeptism About Darwinian Evolution Grows As 1000+ Scientists Share Their Doubts by Emusan(m): 2:39pm On Feb 09, 2019
According to Nairaland Atheist scientists who acquired their certificate on Googleology, those 1000 scientists are creationists whose their work never recognized by mainstream scientists
Re: Skeptism About Darwinian Evolution Grows As 1000+ Scientists Share Their Doubts by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 2:56pm On Feb 09, 2019
Darwin's theory despite its implications didn't need all this for its triumph.
If there exists a more correct explanation to be found other than in darwin's,all this wouldn't be necessary I think.
Re: Skeptism About Darwinian Evolution Grows As 1000+ Scientists Share Their Doubts by MrPRevailer(m): 3:09pm On Feb 09, 2019
Emusan:
According to Nairaland Atheist scientists who acquired their certificate on Googleology, those 1000 scientists are creationists whose their work never recognized by mainstream scientists

Because their works are boycotted..
For instance 90% of American media is monopolized
Re: Skeptism About Darwinian Evolution Grows As 1000+ Scientists Share Their Doubts by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:06pm On Feb 09, 2019
Emusan:

Most of these scientists are actually sincere evolutionists. See how they answered questions and you begin to wonder why they wouldn't begin to doubt their theories. It is only NL atheists that would argue blindly because they are not sincere.

Where and how did matter and energy originate?

"The universe burst into something from absolutely nothing - zero, nada.  And as it got bigger, it became filled with even more stuff that came from absolutely nowhere". -- In the Discover magazine, Guth's Grand Guess , vol. 23, Apr. 2002, p.35.  

"[The big bang] represents the instantaneous suspension of physical laws, the sudden abrupt flash of lawlessness that allowed something to come out of nothing.  It represents a true miracle . . ." --  Paul Davis, a physicist and evolutionist, in The Edge of Infinity gave this answer

"It is only fair to say that we still have a theory without a beginning." -Joseph Silk (Ph.D. Astronomy and Professor of Astronomy at the University of Oxford), wrote in The Big slam, 2001, pg.15 that 

"I was happy to announce that astronomers have not the slightest evidence for the supposed quantum production of the universe out of a primordial nothingness." - Sten Odenwald, (who has a Ph.D. in Astrophysics and Chief Scientist with Raytheon STX Corp at the NASA Goddard Space Flight Centre), said in The Astronomy Café, 1998, pg.120  that

Asking evolutionists the right questions would be to ask them where they think dinosaurs come from?

According to evolutionists millions of years is ascribed to the fossil record.   The origin of Dinosaurs which they claim to be 220 million years ago prompts us to ask the question: 

Where did the dinosaurs come from?

"The question of the origin of dinosaurs is one that has puzzled palaeontologists for many years." - The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Dinosaurs, Dr. David Norman, 1985, p. 186.

Dr Norman is a lecturer in Zoology

This is a quote from an authoritative book:

"Where did dinosaurs come from?  That apparently simple question has been the subject of intense debate amongst scientists for over 150 years, . . ." - The Natural History Museum Book of Dinosaurs, 1998, p.12

What is their evidence? 

They claim:

"Thecondonts.  Small lizards that ran on two legs and gave rise to the giant reptiles collectively known as dinosaurs"

The Nature of Life, 1995.

Let's listen to what seasoned scientists say about probability and life:

- Bernard Lovell (PhD Astronomy), In the Centre of Immensities – "effectively zero"
- Francis Crick, Life Itself:  Its Origin and Nature –"can never have been synthesized at all, at any time"
- Robert Gange, PhD (research in the field of cryophysics and information systems.), Origins and Destiny – "Zero"

What have they got to say on the origin of Life:

"The simplest living cells could not have arisen by chance.  Just like the eye, the proto-cell must have evolved from simpler ancestral cells, presumably by a process of "natural selection".  But this is where the first big problem with the origin of life arises.  What were those simpler entities?" - Johnjoe McFadden (Evolutionist & Professor of Molecular Biology and Quantum Physics), Quantum Evolution, 200, pg. 85.

"The origin of life is also a stubborn problem, with no solution in sight . . ., " - Franklin M. Harold, Professor of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at Colo. State University, The Way of the Cell, 2001, pg, 235.

With all these answers from evolutionist scientists themselves we can then conclude that: If evolution is unable to explain the origin of life through naturalistic means, then it is without a foundation.  Now that we have an understanding of the foundation of evolution.  Why is evolution without a foundation?  Because there is no natural process that can cause life to originate.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Skeptism About Darwinian Evolution Grows As 1000+ Scientists Share Their Doubts by GoodMuyis(m): 8:14pm On Feb 09, 2019
Nice one.

Present something intellectual like this, as see them shifting the goal-post
Re: Skeptism About Darwinian Evolution Grows As 1000+ Scientists Share Their Doubts by budaatum: 8:31pm On Feb 09, 2019
I know these smart scientist would never replace Darwinism, flawed as it is, with Creationism or its accompanying Intelligent Designer. Lailai not even one, not to talk of ten credible scientists!
Re: Skeptism About Darwinian Evolution Grows As 1000+ Scientists Share Their Doubts by johnydon22(m): 10:59pm On Feb 09, 2019
the website name though: dissentfromdarwin.org lol

anyway i expect such skepticism from scientists otherwise what are we doing? we must comfortably challenge our own ideas, courageously and perpetually question our positions if we sincerely seek the truth

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Skeptism About Darwinian Evolution Grows As 1000+ Scientists Share Their Doubts by budaatum: 11:38pm On Feb 09, 2019
johnydon22:
the website name though: dissentfromdarwin.org lol

anyway i expect such skepticism from scientists otherwise what are we doing? we must comfortably challenge our own ideas, courageously and perpetually question our positions if we sincerely seek the truth
Tell me about it! All of a sudden, they all run away.

Johny, I got this crisis, now they all gone.

Lately, all my words have been the Word.
When I write my own they are not my own
I'm losing control. It's burning my soul.
Cause spirits take over and writes it's!

I think buda may become a Christian!

I wonder if you would help me?

Please.
Re: Skeptism About Darwinian Evolution Grows As 1000+ Scientists Share Their Doubts by johnydon22(m): 8:52am On Feb 10, 2019
budaatum:

Tell me about it! All of a sudden, they all run away.

Johny, I got this crisis, now they all gone.

Lately, all my words have been the Word.
When I write my own they are not my own
I'm losing control. It's burning my soul.
Cause spirits take over and writes it's!

I think buda may become a Christian!

I wonder if you would help me?

Please.
Haaaaaaa! Common bro! LOL Don't be like that grin
Re: Skeptism About Darwinian Evolution Grows As 1000+ Scientists Share Their Doubts by budaatum: 2:48pm On Feb 10, 2019
johnydon22:
Haaaaaaa! Common bro! LOL Don't be like that grin
It's not me, but the Spirit in me.

I'm going to miss atheist buda.
She was cool!
Pity she evolved.

Ah well, onward and upward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63yBpl6Oixo

Nairaland converted an atheist!
Re: Skeptism About Darwinian Evolution Grows As 1000+ Scientists Share Their Doubts by aadoiza: 3:33pm On Feb 10, 2019
Evolution: The most potent spell in the world.
Re: Skeptism About Darwinian Evolution Grows As 1000+ Scientists Share Their Doubts by johnydon22(m): 9:15pm On Feb 10, 2019
budaatum:

It's not me, but the Spirit in me.

I'm going to miss atheist buda.
She was cool!
Pity she evolved.

Ah well, onward and upward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63yBpl6Oixo

Nairaland converted an atheist!

Wait.

Buda is a she

Or is that the spirit too?

Ayam confused
Re: Skeptism About Darwinian Evolution Grows As 1000+ Scientists Share Their Doubts by budaatum: 9:40pm On Feb 10, 2019
johnydon22:

Wait.

Buda is a she

Or is that the spirit too?

Ayam confused
Hmm. That's an odd question!
Is it not the spirit that animates?

You upskirting me, johnydon22!

buda is a sexless sexless.
Only those of eye can tell.
He was created male and female.

And yes, its all spirit. Even up my skirt!
Re: Skeptism About Darwinian Evolution Grows As 1000+ Scientists Share Their Doubts by johnydon22(m): 11:16am On Feb 11, 2019
budaatum:

Hmm. That's an odd question!
Is it not the spirit that animates?

You upskirting me, johnydon22!

buda is a sexless sexless.
Only those of eye can tell.
He was created male and female.

And yes, its all spirit. Even up my skirt!

Really?

Buda go f**k yourself.

Lol

It's not me you will confuse undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Skeptism About Darwinian Evolution Grows As 1000+ Scientists Share Their Doubts by budaatum: 11:44am On Feb 11, 2019
johnydon22:

Really?

Buda go f**k yourself.

Lol

It's not me you will confuse undecided
You are confused, Lol!

(1) (Reply)

Pastor George Oyoke: One Save Is Forever Saved[part 1] / The Most Powerful Spiritual Native Doctor In Africa / I Was Given A Code In The Dream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.