Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,635 members, 7,809,388 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

10 Things A Kid Needs To Learn In Childhood To Be A Happier Adult - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 10 Things A Kid Needs To Learn In Childhood To Be A Happier Adult (637 Views)

I’m An Adult, I’m Not A Kid. I'm Just Suffering From Dwarfism - 22-year-old / Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. / Mummies And Daddies, Your Kid Needs This Toilet Seat For Safety (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Things A Kid Needs To Learn In Childhood To Be A Happier Adult by salemdv(m): 6:26pm On Feb 09, 2019
In the first years of life, your child receives a large amount of information from their surroundings and preserves it. “Children’s brains are like a sponge,” some people say. And, in childhood, they form the basis for their self-image and their language. That is why there are certain lessons that are essential in the early years, so that your child can build a foundation to help them master the skills in adulthood that are more complex.

1. A second language
One study showed that children who learn a second language adapt more quickly to change, have a better memory, and have a better understanding of language in general. Not to mention that communicating in other parts of the world will not be a problem for your child and they will enjoy having more career options. As if this wasn’t enough, scientists from the Rotman Research Institute in Canada, have proven that speaking 2 languages helps the brain to delay the onset of Alzheimer’s in old age.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Things A Kid Needs To Learn In Childhood To Be A Happier Adult by salemdv(m): 6:27pm On Feb 09, 2019
2. Swimming

Practicing any physical activity allows us to live a healthier life. What makes swimming different is that, besides being a skill that could save your child’s life in an extreme situation or open the door to different experiences, it will strengthen their limbs and help them to develop their coordination better. Swimming also helps your brain stay healthy longer, says a study published by the National Center for Biotechnology.

Re: 10 Things A Kid Needs To Learn In Childhood To Be A Happier Adult by salemdv(m): 6:28pm On Feb 09, 2019
3. Playing an instrument

The Journal of Neuroscience published a study where it was discovered that learning to play an instrument improves auditory skills and helps delay the deterioration of brain capacities that are natural to aging. This is because, when we play an instrument, we activate several brain systems at once like auditory, motor, and perception. When your child becomes an adult, they will have a better ability to communicate and express themselves creatively.

Re: 10 Things A Kid Needs To Learn In Childhood To Be A Happier Adult by salemdv(m): 6:30pm On Feb 09, 2019
4. Dancing

A study from the Karlstad University revealed that dancing improves performance in hyperactive children. It allows them to communicate and express their emotions through their body, and with the help of music, encourages creativity, social skills, motor skills, and builds self-esteem. Dancing will also bring your children closer to different cultures, and make them tend to be more open-minded and have confidence in their own bodies. Moreover, zanku will not be a problem

Re: 10 Things A Kid Needs To Learn In Childhood To Be A Happier Adult by salemdv(m): 6:31pm On Feb 09, 2019
5. Recycling

By recycling we contribute to taking care of our planet and leaving a better world for the following generations, which is already a great advantage. But recycling is good for your children as well, since it is proven that leaving reusable materials at your fingertips encourages creativity and psychomotricity. Your child will know that they don’t need tons of expensive resources to execute his ideas. Ecoembes, in Spain, encourages the teaching of recycling in schools to help raise awareness about consumption and care for the environment

Re: 10 Things A Kid Needs To Learn In Childhood To Be A Happier Adult by Forreellinc: 6:31pm On Feb 09, 2019
1. Sex is sweet
2. Money is everything
3. You can't f*ck a woman if you don't have a car
4. You were born in Nigeria by mistake, work towards buying American citizenship
5. There is nothing like an honest living
6. Pastors are theives
7. Choristers are the cheapest girls to f*ck
8. If you want something ask if they refuse to give it to you, steal it or take it by force
9. Nysc sucks
10. School is a waste of time just buy your cert
Re: 10 Things A Kid Needs To Learn In Childhood To Be A Happier Adult by salemdv(m): 6:33pm On Feb 09, 2019
6. Cleaning

Order and hygiene are indispensable for the life of any human being. Aside from the practical reasons, such as leading a healthy life, it’s because it helps to make mental processes more structured and organized. In Japan, cleaning one’s own classroom and school is a part of the school education.

Re: 10 Things A Kid Needs To Learn In Childhood To Be A Happier Adult by salemdv(m): 6:34pm On Feb 09, 2019
7. Sense of orientation

Encouraging the development of your child’s sense of direction is good for their brain and will help them to behave more easily wherever they are. A study reveals that there is an internal GPS that creates networks in our neurons that, as we learn, feed our sense of direction and help the brain to plan routes, improving our decision-making process

Re: 10 Things A Kid Needs To Learn In Childhood To Be A Happier Adult by salemdv(m): 6:35pm On Feb 09, 2019
8. Cooking

By cooking with your children, you improve their relationship with food. If you involve them in the preparation of a dish, they will be more careful when eating and less likely to consume junk food. Just by following a recipe, they will learn the importance of following instructions and will explore each ingredient with their senses. Show them what each food does when they cook it and, if your child is still very small, start with simple things to avoid accidents.

Re: 10 Things A Kid Needs To Learn In Childhood To Be A Happier Adult by salemdv(m): 6:36pm On Feb 09, 2019
9. Using money

As we grow up, financial responsibilities gradually arrive and if we are not prepared we could make mistakes. It’s important to teach your children that money is a tool, not a reward, and that it is not enough to learn to save, but that you also need to learn to spend it wisely.

Re: 10 Things A Kid Needs To Learn In Childhood To Be A Happier Adult by salemdv(m): 6:37pm On Feb 09, 2019
10. Communicating their feelings

There is no such thing as being happy all the time. Some situations generate uncomfortable emotions in us that we can’t avoid. Teaching your child since an early age how to identify these feelings, accept them, and communicate them is something that they will thank you for forever. Emotional intelligence will allow your child to make decisions and react appropriately in complex situations

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Things A Kid Needs To Learn In Childhood To Be A Happier Adult by salemdv(m): 6:38pm On Feb 09, 2019
Bonus: Teach them to relax

In schools they teach children to have excellent academic performance, to carry out tasks, acquire information, and live with other people. Parents should teach them about the importance of taking a break, and how to find moments to play and to release tension. There are different breathing techniques that the whole family can practice to create a relaxed environment at home. This will reduce their stress levels and the possibility of suffering from diseases related to stress

inspiration-family-and-kids/10-things-a-kid-needs-to-learn-in-childhood-to-be-a-happier-adult-689110/
Re: 10 Things A Kid Needs To Learn In Childhood To Be A Happier Adult by sylvesterokolo(m): 6:44pm On Feb 09, 2019
Good one!
Re: 10 Things A Kid Needs To Learn In Childhood To Be A Happier Adult by Ehiscotch(m): 7:04pm On Feb 09, 2019
I totally agree.

All your points are salient and we'll thought out. I honestly wish I had certain experiences like the ones you outlined, while growing up. I would have been more self-confident and sharper.

Well, I am still learning, as life itself is a learning process.

I just wish I were multilingual and could play instruments.
Re: 10 Things A Kid Needs To Learn In Childhood To Be A Happier Adult by Daeylar(f): 1:42am On Feb 10, 2019
Nice.
Re: 10 Things A Kid Needs To Learn In Childhood To Be A Happier Adult by IamShiningStar(f): 6:28pm On Feb 10, 2019
good one!

(1) (Reply)

My Flat Tummy Secrets After 3 Kids / Sleep Is Now A Luxury To Me!!! / Reasons Why You Need Pure Original Honey In Your Home(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.