Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. (32002 Views)

Every Man Must Use Magun On His Wife / What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? / Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. by Larrysung(m): 4:07pm On Sep 27, 2021
Marriage is a phase in a man’s life that comes with a lot of responsibilities and commitment. According to research and recommendations from relationship experts and psychologists, it was revealed that before a man becomes married; it's a necessity that he, first possess certain traits and materials which are essential for the success and continuity of the relationship.

Regarding this article; we shall be examining some of those traits or things a man is supposed to have before considering marriage. Below are some of them.

1. Emotional and mental maturity.

Mental and emotional maturity is a necessary prerequisite that is needed for the smooth running of the union. As a man who intends to get married, you should first ask yourself; if you are capable and ready for the challenges and hurdles marriage brings. As you might know – marriage goes beyond love and mutual feelings, it embraces the whole idea of adjusting to your partner’s terms and exhibiting the desired virtues that will make your relationship a smooth one.

2. A job or steady source of income.

Yes, I know you love her and you are sincere about it; but do you have a job? The continuity of any marriage is not only rooted in love and romance, it involves the availability of financial resources which are needed in settling some challenges.
As a man who desires to get married to probably the woman of his dreams; it then becomes important to know that your love can only be effective when there is money. I am not talking about millions of naira – at least something that can settle food bills, clothing, domestic bills and health care.

3. An apartment.

Most men have reportedly married their wives into their family home which isn’t completely bad – but it is better to have your own apartment before getting married. The reason for this can be traced to the idea of maintaining your self-respect and that of your wife’s, and also to accord yourself some marital privacy.

4. Vision and prospect for the marriage.

It might interest you to know that marriage isn’t an end – rather, it is a means to an end. Marrying your partner for the sole purpose of satisfying your sexual urge or pleasure isn’t completely a good reason to marry. As a man who desires to get married, it becomes important you bear in mind that you are bringing somebody’s daughter into your house, as such; you should have a well-drafted and solid plan for her and the marriage as well. In the absence of no vision before marriage - the relationship might perish.

104 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. by sheepheart(f): 4:15pm On Sep 27, 2021
Thank you OP and God bless you for this insightful post

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. by chatinent: 4:30pm On Sep 27, 2021
Nice one, bro.

We should also learn to make marriage honourable before God by following his standards..one way is by fleeing from premarital sex.

46 Likes

Re: Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. by FalseProphet1(m): 1:11pm On Sep 28, 2021
No matter how rude or uneducated a man is, as long as he has money whether it's legal money or illegal Money, girls will stick on you like ants on honey, she'll even be the one defending you before her friends that education is scam and she's ready to marry an illiterate as long as he can take care of her.

This I have seen.

45 Likes

Re: Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. by GboyegaD(m): 1:11pm On Sep 28, 2021
Not a bad thing to have however, culture also plays a role and that makes the choice of the word necessity not the best word to use.

3 Likes

Re: Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. by Successmind(m): 1:12pm On Sep 28, 2021
Ok,
Re: Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. by Handsnigga: 1:12pm On Sep 28, 2021
Since these 4 things are essential for any man before marriage, then ladies and other people should quit disturbing guys who say they are not yet ready... especially financially!

C'est fini! cheesy

15 Likes

Re: Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. by lessonotes(f): 1:12pm On Sep 28, 2021
2 & 3 is needed for as a pre-qualifications for going into matrimony with someone's daughter.

1 & 4 most times happens in marriage, especially 4 after you've seen that marriage is not about love making alone. Anyway this could be highly prevalent in those who maintain piety before marriage and dive in headlong to satisfy their fleshly cravings first.

2 Likes

Re: Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. by slawormiir: 1:12pm On Sep 28, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Isoright ...

Steady source of income sure

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. by Ehthorn4: 1:13pm On Sep 28, 2021
REAL FIX£D MATCH£S £XIST! Google search "R£AL FIX£D MATCH£S N£T" and visit the website to see for yourself
Re: Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. by sheddyboy01(m): 1:13pm On Sep 28, 2021
I agree with all your points

2 Likes

Re: Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. by zmanto(m): 1:13pm On Sep 28, 2021
We are already in school.
Re: Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. by calebjola: 1:14pm On Sep 28, 2021
Larrysung:
Marriage is a phase in a man’s life that comes with a lot of responsibilities and commitment. According to research and recommendations from relationship experts and psychologists, it was revealed that before a man becomes married; it's a necessity that he, first possess certain traits and materials which are essential for the success and continuity of the relationship.

Regarding this article; we shall be examining some of those traits or things a man is supposed to have before considering marriage. Below are some of them.

Mental and emotional maturity is a necessary prerequisite that is needed for the smooth running of the union. As a man who intends to get married, you should first ask yourself; if you are capable and ready for the challenges and hurdles marriage brings. As you might know – marriage goes beyond love and mutual feelings, it embraces the whole idea of adjusting to your partner’s terms and exhibiting the desired virtues that will make your relationship a smooth one.

Yes, I know you love her and you are sincere about it; but do you have a job? The continuity of any marriage is not only rooted in love and romance, it involves the availability of financial resources which are needed in settling some challenges.
As a man who desires to get married to probably the woman of his dreams; it then becomes important to know that your love can only be effective when there is money. I am not talking about millions of naira – at least something that can settle food bills, clothing, domestic bills and health care.

3. An apartment.

Most men have reportedly married their wives into their family home which isn’t completely bad – but it is better to have your own apartment before getting married. The reason for this can be traced to the idea of maintaining your self-respect and that of your wife’s, and also to accord yourself some marital privacy.

It might interest you to know that marriage isn’t an end – rather, it is a means to an end. Marrying your partner for the sole purpose of satisfying your sexual urge or pleasure isn’t completely a good reason to marry. As a man who desires to get married, it becomes important you bear in mind that you are bringing somebody’s daughter into your house, as such; you should have a well-drafted and solid plan for her and the marriage as well. In the absence of no vision before marriage - the relationship might perish.

well stated

3 Likes

Re: Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. by Sharon6(f): 1:14pm On Sep 28, 2021
Money is the most important of them all.. Have lots of it as money is the oil that lubricates love
Re: Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 28, 2021
As a man who desires to get married, it becomes important you bear in mind that you are bringing somebody’s daughter into your house, as such; you should have a well-drafted and solid plan for her and the marriage as well.

Na talk be this? Abeegi,,, I am somebody's son, too. We both need to plan & make things work out.

13 Likes

Re: Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. by bmasz(m): 1:15pm On Sep 28, 2021
I won't mind, if the author does a sequel to this for the female folks.

I'm tired of hearing all this "yamayama"....

3 Likes

Re: Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. by illicit(m): 1:16pm On Sep 28, 2021
Must u marry

1 Like

Re: Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. by femi4: 1:16pm On Sep 28, 2021
Larrysung:

3. An apartment.

5. Sexual maturity: Especially for ladies, if you don't enjoy sex or not ready to start having sex, don't marry. Don't come into marriage and be telling your husband "shey na food?"

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. by gambia(m): 1:17pm On Sep 28, 2021
What about for ladies?
Re: Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. by LordIsaac(m): 1:17pm On Sep 28, 2021
It is not entirely exclusive to men...both parties should enter the marriage with sense....period.

2 Likes

Re: Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. by EmmanuelEvicted: 1:18pm On Sep 28, 2021
This marriage thing is not for me aswear

2 Likes

Re: Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. by pansophist(m): 1:19pm On Sep 28, 2021
Good point. But the most important of all, that will make a man strife to achieve the op point, is knowing how to love a woman. Lots of men don't know how to love a woman. They love wrongly, and when she is not responding well, it just mess up things. So first of all, go learn how to love a lady.

6 Likes

Re: Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. by radna2: 1:20pm On Sep 28, 2021
Who write this thing. Send me your account no. make I bless you because one babe just dey worry my life like this. E come be like witchi witchi. How I go marry person and I never marry myself? She say she love me...but to love dey hard me because I never know where I dey head like this. I dey try balance up. E never really gel like that. Na nice person, but as I never get work even fit rent beta house, my heart lock. The heart no fit fall in love and na me lock am. I no wan hear say I receive billing or make we dey manage.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 28, 2021
Larrysung:

3. An apartment.

Whenever you guys use the word "MUST" it gets me irritated.
Someone will sit in his house and be setting rules for others with a MUST.
Most likely you are not even married , you just took your phone just to advice grin

"Should" is preferable, not must

8 Likes

Re: Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. by adesegun121(m): 1:22pm On Sep 28, 2021
Seen

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? / American Man Sends Over $100,000 To Wife In Nigeria He’s Never Met / The moment you become a Mrs.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.