Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Never Trust Yourself, do you know why? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Never Trust Yourself, do you know why? (340 Views)

I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. / I Know Why You Want Sex / Never Trust Yourself. Trust In Christ - Olamide Obire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Never Trust Yourself, do you know why? by lightblazingnow(m): 7:09am On Feb 10, 2019
There is this ugly unconfirmed cheap talk telling folks to believe in yourself, trust that you can do it, just believe yourself. Those kind of words are not only selfish and out of order, but alienates us from our chairman, the head of the body, Christ Jesus.

Oh maybe you didn't know that the head of your body is Christ Jesus. And that you are just a member of his body. This is beyond controversy and dispute, you have nothing to add or to remove from the word of God Almighty.

In fact you are actually on the earth to do what the commander is asking you to accomplish for his government and kingdom. Maybe you have forgotten that the scripture instructed that the ruler ship of every single thing will be on his shoulders and he will shoulders the responsibility of the race.

Much better you forgot that the man himself while cautioning his disciples told them that they can do nothing without him. He cited example of a tree and a branch. He said as the branches can not bear fruits without the tree neither can you without me.

John 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

Please stop teaching fables and begin encouraging folks to learn to trust in Jesus and to learn to trust in God Almighty through it all.

In John 16 Jesus encouraged the believers that since they have their trust in God Almighty before he came in to this world, they should also learn to trust in him. He never asked or encouraged anyone to trust in themselves.

Do you know why? Because you are dead and your life is hid in Christ Jesus with God Almighty in the heavenly realms. When Christ who is our life shall appear then shall we also appear with him in glory.

Colossians 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Therefore encourage one another with these words. Amen
Re: Never Trust Yourself, do you know why? by IamTheAnswers: 7:55am On Feb 10, 2019
Sure you don't
Re: Never Trust Yourself, do you know why? by lightblazingnow(m): 8:36am On Feb 10, 2019
Instruction
Re: Never Trust Yourself, do you know why? by lightblazingnow(m): 8:55am On Feb 10, 2019
The gospel truth
Re: Never Trust Yourself, do you know why? by UceeGod: 3:10pm On Feb 10, 2019
Great Truth!!

If self is not destroyed after sin, sin will soon creep back into the life of a regenerate man. Self is more powerful and subtle that sin itself so it shouldn't be condoned. Self resides in the soul (mind, will and emotions) and ordinarily may not look bad or may even pretend to be serving God, but God can only be served in the spirit. True spiritual fulfilment only comes from reckoning yourSELF dead and obeying the Holy Spirit in your spirit through intuition, fellowship and clear conscience. May God empower our spirit man to live a worthy life of fulfilling spiritual experience.

1 Like

Re: Never Trust Yourself, do you know why? by lightblazingnow(m): 7:29pm On Feb 10, 2019
UceeGod:
Great Truth!!

If self is not destroyed after sin, sin will soon creep back into the life of a regenerate man. Self is more powerful and subtle that sin itself so it shouldn't be condoned. Self resides in the soul (mind, will and emotions) and ordinarily may not look bad or may even pretend to be serving God, but God can only be served in the spirit. True spiritual fulfilment only comes from reckoning yourSELF dead and obeying the Holy Spirit in your spirit through intuition, fellowship and clear conscience. May God empower our spirit man to live a worthy life of fulfilling spiritual experience.

Love you brother
Re: Never Trust Yourself, do you know why? by lightblazingnow(m): 9:07am On Feb 17, 2019
Jesus

(1) (Reply)

. / Bullet Prayer Points Against Working In Vain / Man Reveals Why He Stopped Being A Pastor And A Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.