Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,459 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:42 PM

I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. (14289 Views)

I Know Why You Want Sex / Apostle Kenneth Kenny Kills A Dog, Eats It Raw In Church And Feeds Members / Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by Realman50: 9:24pm On Oct 07, 2023
I was the type of guy that love going to church both programs, mid-week service and Sunday service but i automatically stop going. Some times i found no reason and sometimes i found reasons...what is really happening to me please someone help me.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by TheBillyonaire: 9:25pm On Oct 07, 2023
With a copy of your holy book, social media app and GPTs, I still wonder why anyone goes out somewhere to listen to some other dudes telling them things they can simply research with their phones.

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by Zonefree(m): 9:28pm On Oct 07, 2023
Most Nigerian Churches have joined the Western world to turn the universe into a feminine world.

I was in a Church today for a wedding. The officiating priest told the groom to always respect his wife and her decisions... that if he's a watching a live football match and the wife comes in and change the station to Zeeworld, that he shouldn't complain or walk out. He should sit and watch the Zeeworld with her.

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by Realman50: 9:34pm On Oct 07, 2023
TheBillyonaire:
With a copy of your holy book, social media app and GPTs, I still wonder why anyone goes out somewhere to listen to some other dudes telling them things they can simply research with their phones.
what you trying to say bro?
Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by CreedElliot: 9:36pm On Oct 07, 2023
Realman50:
I was the type of guy that love going to church both programs, mid-week service and Sunday service but i automatically stop going. Some times i found no reason and sometimes i found reasons...what is really happening to me please someone help me.

Can I recommend you listen to great sermons online to jelp rebuild faith in returning ti church please?

Eternity is forever and we cant afford to lose a single soul more to hell

9 Likes

Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by CreedElliot: 9:36pm On Oct 07, 2023
TheBillyonaire:

I rebuke you IJN !

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by Realman50: 9:42pm On Oct 07, 2023
CreedElliot:

Can I recommend you listen to great sermons online to jelp rebuild faith in returning ti church please?

Eternity is forever and we cant afford to lose a single soul more to hell
okay
Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by CreedElliot: 9:44pm On Oct 07, 2023
Realman50:
okay

Youtube search. Bishop TD Jakes. I promise you after some days, weeks, months, you will be glad to listen to his preachings

I encourage you to find your Faith back and develop greater faith IJN

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by Realman50: 9:45pm On Oct 07, 2023
CreedElliot:

Youtube search. Bishop TD Jakes. I promise you after some days, weeks, months, you will be glad to listen to his preachings

I encoyrage you to find your Faoth back and develop greater faith IJN
thank u sir
Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by TheBillyonaire: 10:07pm On Oct 07, 2023
CreedElliot:

I rebuke you IJN !

You can not rebuke me in the name of Zeus. He is my grand child.

3 Likes

Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by Johncuppa(m): 10:34pm On Oct 07, 2023
Realman50:
thank u sir
May be your local assembly is not giving you enough.
Watch vedio on youtube, listen to tapes, read Bible and christain literatures and let God know your feelings too.

Your sincerity means it's not as if you're not interested in God, your spirit man might just be craving for more than you're being served.

And when God wants us to be planted in church He wishes to reveal Himself to us individual.

May you find God.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by Bestbrain123(m): 11:27pm On Oct 07, 2023
The world is fastly changing from truth to hypocrite, know what you are puting your head on...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by Maynthemayn: 11:34pm On Oct 07, 2023
Church means Circus.

5 Likes

Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by HugeElephant(f): 7:54am On Oct 08, 2023
When you are ready, you will surely go

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by AntiChristian: 8:05am On Oct 08, 2023
lipsrsealed
Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by GreatAchiever1: 8:15am On Oct 08, 2023
TheBillyonaire:

The gathering of the saints(Church) is not like a group assignment from coursera or udemy. But for our edification with our spiritual gifts given to us by the Grace of God to be used for His worship and His glory alone.

and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.
— Hebrews 10:24-25

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by TechCapon(m): 10:08am On Oct 08, 2023
cheesy

And I thought I was alone on this ship. I've not stepped foot inside church for the past 5 months and I just don't know why. I've been invited countless times, both physically, sms, phone calls everything but I just don't have interest anymore. I used to love church before I relocated to Lagos.

Anyways I've found a new church I like, Salvation ministries but it's very far from my house angry

2 Likes

Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by geoworldedu: 10:08am On Oct 08, 2023
Realman50:
You are getting exposed to the truth. Your soul and body is finding a way to turn away from the lies of religion.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by Porksupplyib: 10:09am On Oct 08, 2023
Hmm. He is not alone.

5 Likes

Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by happney65: 10:10am On Oct 08, 2023
H
Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by anungangampu: 10:10am On Oct 08, 2023
Hhh

5 Likes

Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by wittywriter: 10:10am On Oct 08, 2023
TheBillyonaire:

geoworldedu:
You are getting exposed to the truth. Your soul and body is finding a way to turn away from the lies of religion.

Wittyness.
Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by JustPowerApps(m): 10:10am On Oct 08, 2023
You legit need deliverance chief cool
Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by Timagex(m): 10:11am On Oct 08, 2023
You are not alone.

I only attend cross over night and first Sunday service now. I have been like that for years now.
Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by jrobbins: 10:11am On Oct 08, 2023
Nothing is wrong with you

Last time I went to a church for any service was 2008.
The brain is just beginning to see things exactly as they are.

6 Likes

Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by ATEAMS: 10:11am On Oct 08, 2023
Bkuxxxx

1 Like

Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by CaveAdullam: 10:12am On Oct 08, 2023
If you are born into a religious household, by default you become a religious person. Whether, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, Christianity, etc.

As you grow up in such a household, you become entwined in the nitty-gritty of that religion if you want to become a household name in it, say you want to become an Imam, Pastor, Seer, or whatever. Or just the regular religious person.

When people no longer believe in religion, it is said religion that made them so. How?

If you're a rational person and passionate about your religious practice, you'll begin to test your religious scriptural texts, doctrines, and beliefs and compare them with real-world scenarios.

You'll experience a truckload of conflicts and discrepancies. Then, you'll discover that much of what you have come to believe is not true. All it takes is for you to be open-minded and scrutinize your religion and religious texts for some time. And once you are here, there's no going back.

Your religious colleagues will tell you that you've backslided. They will tell you that your faith isn't strong and you'll need to pray more, fast more, or do a lot of other religious shambles. But the fact here is that you are now enlightened and found out what religion is.

It's religious adherents that make religion of religious texts. Left for the texts themselves, they are necessary for learning and wisdom just like all other books.

However, the human mind is in search of God because of the wonders of nature, the mystery of the universe, and the complexities of life. So, God in the hearts of men encapsulates all of these conditions, ergo, man's love for God whom he hasn't seen. It's just a lot of mental gymnastics + emotional fluctuations + imaginative power + confirmation bias. That's the birth of God and the supernatural.

This is not to say that religion isn't sacrosanct. Religion is important to keep civilization in check. The knowledge of God, the belief in his existence, and reverence for religious texts as His writings and instructions for men have kept billions and billions of humans alive.

Why do I say this?

Remove religion from the earth's equation, and in less than 1 month, humans will cease to exist. On this ground, "religion is the opium of the masses".

It becomes hope for the hopeless who believe in the replication of signs, wonders, and miracles espoused in their religion + a sedative used by political leaders and religious leaders to dox the masses by capitalizing on their ignorance. This doesn't mean that these leaders aren't victims of religious indoctrination. Just that they are smarter than the average religious Joe.

There is nothing wrong with you man. You are now seeing religion for what it is.

There is nothing bad in going to church if you love the sounds, music, and religious people. Just for fun though and not because you're scared of missing heaven and heading to hell.

The truth indeed sets you free.

Thanks.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by Winters23: 10:12am On Oct 08, 2023
Realman50:

Nothing is wrong with you bro, you're perfectly okay with not going to church.

What happened is that you reclaimed your mind and thought process from 3rd party interference.

Congratulations, you'll thank yourself tomorrow for saving yourself from religious manipulations

9 Likes

Re: I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. by wunmi590(m): 10:13am On Oct 08, 2023

Not everybody who goes to church believed in God, if you know you are not interested in going, stay home and pray to God...

There's no place God doesn't answer prayers, as long ad you believe in that God, you will recieve everything you ever pray for, even your friends will think you do ritual, when you are being blessed......

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Benny Hinn's Miracle & Impartation Service At Christ Embassy / Happy Ash Wednesday / Confessions Of A Nun About The Activities That Goes On In A Covent. MUST READ!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.