Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,954 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

LAUTECH Is A Home Of Intellectuals And Not Cyber Crimes – Lautech SUG - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / LAUTECH Is A Home Of Intellectuals And Not Cyber Crimes – Lautech SUG (17618 Views)

The Dawn Of A New Community Of Intellectuals In Kogi State / LAUTECH Resumes Tomorrow / OAU SUG Vice President Crying After Fight Involving Union Members (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LAUTECH Is A Home Of Intellectuals And Not Cyber Crimes – Lautech SUG by princechurchill(m): 2:26pm On Feb 10, 2019
queenitee:

I'm telling you because I'm a Ladokite

So u are part of the G community that has been terrorising this nation
Re: LAUTECH Is A Home Of Intellectuals And Not Cyber Crimes – Lautech SUG by Alejob: 2:31pm On Feb 10, 2019
Powerbank for your laptop here!
Re: LAUTECH Is A Home Of Intellectuals And Not Cyber Crimes – Lautech SUG by shamme2005(m): 2:36pm On Feb 10, 2019
Lautech a great school despite its shortcomings on strike caused by the so called useless constituted authority, it is a great school to behold because it has made lots of people whole.
Re: LAUTECH Is A Home Of Intellectuals And Not Cyber Crimes – Lautech SUG by Meritocracy: 2:47pm On Feb 10, 2019
Why taken too long for EFCC to take action, it's news that Lautech is national headquarter of gboy
Re: LAUTECH Is A Home Of Intellectuals And Not Cyber Crimes – Lautech SUG by phalexnaps(m): 2:55pm On Feb 10, 2019
It shows incapability and detrimental of duty for EFCC to be declaring their interest on students, when the government of the day keeps lamenting on looted treasury. Thieves everywhere!....... God bless my Alma Mata, God bless me
Re: LAUTECH Is A Home Of Intellectuals And Not Cyber Crimes – Lautech SUG by rimijoshua(m): 2:57pm On Feb 10, 2019
teekay213:
80 percent guys in that school are gboy. My gentle brother that went to that school came back as a gboy their girl too Na runs girl.
I graduated from Lautech and I was never a G..boy....during my undergraduate days...
We ladokites are not G boys....

We are the best

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Is A Home Of Intellectuals And Not Cyber Crimes – Lautech SUG by emmahoney(m): 2:58pm On Feb 10, 2019
Lautech is a home of everything. What you wrote up there are true, however, lautech being the abode of scammers is also true. Therefore, lautech can be considered as the home of all sort of things.

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Is A Home Of Intellectuals And Not Cyber Crimes – Lautech SUG by emmahoney(m): 3:00pm On Feb 10, 2019
rimijoshua:

I graduated from Lautech and I was never a G..boy....during my undergraduate days...
We ladokites are not G boys....

We are the best
Of course, you might not be a G boy. However, you shouldn't shy away from the fact that lautech is a home of both the intellectuals and the scammers
Re: LAUTECH Is A Home Of Intellectuals And Not Cyber Crimes – Lautech SUG by Delaw00(m): 3:05pm On Feb 10, 2019
Lautech lead while others follow cool
Re: LAUTECH Is A Home Of Intellectuals And Not Cyber Crimes – Lautech SUG by oloriLFC(f): 3:09pm On Feb 10, 2019
cucumbae:
He said 80%,not all of them.
I knew he said that
Re: LAUTECH Is A Home Of Intellectuals And Not Cyber Crimes – Lautech SUG by queenitee(f): 3:11pm On Feb 10, 2019
princechurchill:

So u are part of the G community that has been terrorising this nation
I am not, thank you
Re: LAUTECH Is A Home Of Intellectuals And Not Cyber Crimes – Lautech SUG by adekS1(m): 3:31pm On Feb 10, 2019
Lautech is sweet, it's one of the best thing to have happen to me as an alumni. the issue of yahoo things rises in recent years, not only in lautech but in every notable higher institutions in Nigeria due to bad gvt economy policy. thou that shdn't b an excuse so effort shd b put in place to flush out the bad eggs

LAUTECH is full of
-INTELLECTUALS
-CORRECT FOOD JOINTS(MAMA no 1)
-SPORTS PEOPLE
-CHURCHY GUYS
(43%)Muslim faithful (40%),yahoo(10%) and the rest
AND PARTY GUYS WHO USE TO VISIT ILORIN EVERY WEEKENDS.
Surprised why the bad aspect rein more than the more pronounced good side
Re: LAUTECH Is A Home Of Intellectuals And Not Cyber Crimes – Lautech SUG by fremzy25(m): 3:37pm On Feb 10, 2019
Great Ladokite...God bless you my presido
Re: LAUTECH Is A Home Of Intellectuals And Not Cyber Crimes – Lautech SUG by Lagbaja01(m): 3:44pm On Feb 10, 2019
A good leader will always try possible best to shield his followers...
martineverest:
liar..be truthful for ones instead of him to collaborate with EFCC on how to reduce the cyber crime so as to save the school's image,he is busy defending crime..I wouldn't be surprised if this SUG president is one of them.

I have been hearing of lautech and cyber crime since immemorial
Re: LAUTECH Is A Home Of Intellectuals And Not Cyber Crimes – Lautech SUG by Muzikluva(m): 4:03pm On Feb 10, 2019
teekay213:
80 percent guys in that school are gboy. My gentle brother that went to that school came back as a gboy their girl too Na runs girl.
Your "gentle brother " chose to become one, nobody forced him to.
Re: LAUTECH Is A Home Of Intellectuals And Not Cyber Crimes – Lautech SUG by OLUWANISH0LA(m): 4:08pm On Feb 10, 2019
Lol.. LAUTECH

AKA

YAHOOTECH..
Re: LAUTECH Is A Home Of Intellectuals And Not Cyber Crimes – Lautech SUG by kraayfeesh(m): 4:17pm On Feb 10, 2019
no b d same lautech wey dey ma backyard so? even the VC gan na yahoo man no b boy....���

home of intellectuals�intellectual yahoo boys
Re: LAUTECH Is A Home Of Intellectuals And Not Cyber Crimes – Lautech SUG by tiziano(m): 4:18pm On Feb 10, 2019
Activist001:
No be LAUTECH again? Even the SUG President might be a G-boy grin
grin You just said my mind

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Is A Home Of Intellectuals And Not Cyber Crimes – Lautech SUG by pfadom: 4:46pm On Feb 10, 2019
The assertion of OP is a lie from the pit of hell! LAUTECH is a glorified college of "anything goes", corruption, and dishonesty

The education sector in Nigeria like other sectors of the economy is in shambles. However, the cause of the crises rocking the all-important sector upon which other indices of growth and development is hinged is not traceable to the government, but much more to the other stakeholders who are silent partners in crime. The unending critical situation of Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH), Ogbomoso jointly owned by Oyo and Osun States comes to mind.

In the words of Apostle Paul gave a glimpse of the end-time in 2 Timothy 3:13, "...while evildoers and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived...". Does this clearly describe LAUTECH? Are the present travails of LAUTECH mere circumstantial or an obvious trend?

Many wise and intellIgent people knew it would come to this level. It is a University where academic dishonesty, financial mismanagement, and administrative immorality with chunk of the people living above their means. A university where sycophancy is embraced even by the Vice Chancellor. They follow them to church/mosques, meet to discuss frivolities, major on the minors and minor on the majors.

It has always been a university where:

1. full-time lecturers work as though they were part-time.
2. lecturers hardly stay in the office,
3. they attend classes only when they feel like,
4. discuss only the exam questions with studnets weeks to exams,
5. collect money from students to pass and sleep with femaie students.
6. students contribute to buy a set of vehicle tyres or buy new cars, generating sets, refrigerators or even help complete houses for staff.
7. A staff in one of the Faculties was found to be parading himself with an imaginary PhD from the University of Ibadan with which he was promoted many times, yet the verdict of the system was place the said lecturer on the rank that matches his qualifications? What a university? Could this be an end-time university?

What a useless University management and thoughtless staff. Did they all not see the present predicaments coming?

This is the only university that keeps passing NUC accreditations through backdoor arrangements and manipulation even when they know nothing is working - no working laboratory, the library is just a building with outdated books, no reasonable collections of journals and current conference proceedings.

During the last NUC accreditation exercise in May/June 2018, they thought they were fooling the world - NUC inclusive. They issued fictitious appointment letters to every jobless graduate and postgraduate student they could think of, created files for them as potential staff, yet no letter was handed to those hapless individuals. They use them to beef up the staff-student ratio on paper, but deep down they know they were no staff, they signed no assumption of duty document. What kind of university would decide to write official letters duly signed by the registrar, received by the Deans and the Heads of Departments with the knowledge of ASUU, SSANU, NASU, NAAT.

The university has always passed accreditations be it NUC, COREN, etc on the basis of fraud and dishonesty. How could such an institution conveniently produce graduates that are worthy in learning and character? The university that carries a motto of excellence, integrity and service which are grossly deficient in everything that defines the pseudo-university.

Many of these Departments, Units, Sections have Pastors, Imams, and other so-called Born-again Christians and Muslims - where is their conscience?

Less than two months period was used for registration, lectures and examination in the last semester. All the staff and students know this! Any future for this system? Find out their recruitment strategies - (1) politically inclined, (2) through back doors, (3) appeasement god fathers, (4) how many sound-minded academics remain in the university? The staff are divided along ethnic and religious lines to the detriments of the students. Right before their noses, LAUTECH is undeniably regarded all over the world as the only Accredited Yahoo-Plus University.

Truth be told all of them - management, staff, students, religious fanatics- are part of this mess! What was the outcome of the staff and financial audit? Great revelation of corruption!

This was not the LAUTECH led by Professors Olusegun Oke and Akinola M. Salau.

Though it seems to be the end-time LAUTECH, I can only pray that this will not be the beginning of the end of LAUTECH.
Re: LAUTECH Is A Home Of Intellectuals And Not Cyber Crimes – Lautech SUG by pfadom: 4:50pm On Feb 10, 2019
Please go and sleep. LAUTECH is nothing but sham. Any LAUTECH graduate in the past 10 years who made it in life and chosen career, must have put in his personal best to suceed with little or no contribution of the institution, its teaching and non-teaching staff.

GistkitNG:
Recently, rumor has it that the EFCC has LAUTECH on its top list of institutions as king den of cyber crimes.

This news, since its release has met with several reactions for and against, but it is pertinent to know that such an allegation on our prestigious institution is an assassination of character that requires immediate attention and raising eyebrow, as its implications on the great students of this institution is haphazard in the labour market and a dent on the school image on the global stage as against the true image of the higher citadel of learning.

Starting with the most recent, LAUTECH just defeated UNIOSUN in a football competition with four goals to nothing. This shows the spirit of sportsmanship that runs in the vein of Ladokites, having produced homegrown talents that has represented the institution, state, and Nigeria at large in the likes of SEYI OLOFINJANA ( Former Super Eagles Player) and a whole lot of others to mention but a few, despite the known challenges we are facing from our nonchalant governments and the TWO Constituted Authority Governors of OSUN & OYO state.

As students of a school representing Excellence, Integrity and Service, a team from Ladoke Akintola University of Technology Ogbomoso won the Hult prize Nigeria finals held in Abuja May 2018, they won against teams from Ahmadu Bello university zaria, University of ilorin, University of Benin, University of Lagos, Ibadan and Obafemi Awolowo University Ile- Ife just to mention a few.

Note that HULT PRIZE IS THE WORLD LARGEST student competition for social good and community impact. Also a team from lautech won the Imagine Cup West Africa finals(2014) in which they represented the school in Seattle, United States (Imagine cup is the largest student competition for technology by Microsoft). On three occasions team Lautech had won the National, Regional and got to the Semifinals of the GOOGLE ONLINE MARKETING CHALLENGE, the biggest competition for digital and online marketing in the world for University Students.

Nevertheless, a student of Lautech named ISMAIL OLALEKAN (ISMUMMY) has won several HACKATHON competition both home and abroad to earn him the best Programmer in Nigeria.

All of these and many more proves that LADOKITES are good ambassador of the country, home and beyond, and all of these feats are achieved amidst several trials the institution is facing.

Finally, Ladokites are known for their high level of integrity and it is expected of a sane Government, body/organization to tap into the numerous talents in the institution to help suggest and solve the major challenges we are facing in this country rather than disturbing and harassing the innocent youths.

On this note, the Students’ union is ..............

Continue Reading: https://www.gistkit.com/naija-news/lautech-is-a-home-of-intellectuals-and-not-cyber-crimes-lautech-sug/

SOURCE: GISTKIT NG

Re: LAUTECH Is A Home Of Intellectuals And Not Cyber Crimes – Lautech SUG by JJOF(m): 5:07pm On Feb 10, 2019
princechurchill:
There's a course in Lautech called Yahoo 101
Even PLB (Pata ni Logo Benz) 211
Re: LAUTECH Is A Home Of Intellectuals And Not Cyber Crimes – Lautech SUG by Doxadious(m): 7:01pm On Feb 10, 2019
princechurchill:
There's a course in Lautech called Yahoo 101

Lol... And the course is a 4 units compulsory
Re: LAUTECH Is A Home Of Intellectuals And Not Cyber Crimes – Lautech SUG by zealousayo(m): 8:18pm On Feb 10, 2019
adekS1:
Lautech is sweet, it's one of the best thing to have happen to me as an alumni. the issue of yahoo things rises in recent years, not only in lautech but in every notable higher institutions in Nigeria due to bad gvt economy policy. thou that shdn't b an excuse so effort shd b put in place to flush out the bad eggs

LAUTECH is full of
-INTELLECTUALS
-CORRECT FOOD JOINTS(MAMA no 1)
-SPORTS PEOPLE
-CHURCHY GUYS
(43%)Muslim faithful (40%),yahoo(10%) and the rest
AND PARTY GUYS WHO USE TO VISIT ILORIN EVERY WEEKENDS.
Surprised why the bad aspect rein more than the more pronounced good side
Number of yahoo boys are way less than those that are not into cybercrime but people always look at the negative side of the school. I am a Lautech student and I have never defrauded anyone.
Re: LAUTECH Is A Home Of Intellectuals And Not Cyber Crimes – Lautech SUG by iwriterng(m): 11:33pm On Feb 10, 2019
pfadom:
The assertion of OP is a lie from the pit of hell! LAUTECH is a glorified college of "anything goes", corruption, and dishonesty

The education sector in Nigeria like other sectors of the economy is in shambles. However, the cause of the crises rocking the all-important sector upon which other indices of growth and development is hinged is not traceable to the government, but much more to the other stakeholders who are silent partners in crime. The unending critical situation of Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH), Ogbomoso jointly owned by Oyo and Osun States comes to mind.

In the words of Apostle Paul gave a glimpse of the end-time in 2 Timothy 3:13, "...while evildoers and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived...". Does this clearly describe LAUTECH? Are the present travails of LAUTECH mere circumstantial or an obvious trend?

Many wise and intellIgent people knew it would come to this level. It is a University where academic dishonesty, financial mismanagement, and administrative immorality with chunk of the people living above their means. A university where sycophancy is embraced even by the Vice Chancellor. They follow them to church/mosques, meet to discuss frivolities, major on the minors and minor on the majors.

6. students contribute to buy a set of vehicle tyres or buy new cars, generating sets, refrigerators or even help complete houses for staff.
7. A staff in one of the Faculties was found to be parading himself with an imaginary PhD from the University of Ibadan with which he was promoted many times, yet the verdict of the system was place the said lecturer on the rank that matches his qualifications? What a university? Could this be an end-time university?

What a useless University management and thoughtless staff. Did they all not see the present predicaments coming?

This is the only university that keeps passing NUC accreditations through backdoor arrangements and manipulation even when they know nothing is working - no working laboratory, the library is just a building with outdated books, no reasonable collections of journals and current conference proceedings.

During the last NUC accreditation exercise in May/June 2018, they thought they were fooling the world - NUC inclusive. They issued fictitious appointment letters to every jobless graduate and postgraduate student they could think of, created files for them as potential staff, yet no letter was handed to those hapless individuals. They use them to beef up the staff-student ratio on paper, but deep down they know they were no staff, they signed no assumption of duty document. What kind of university would decide to write official letters duly signed by the registrar, received by the Deans and the Heads of Departments with the knowledge of ASUU, SSANU, NASU, NAAT.

The university has always passed accreditations be it NUC, COREN, etc on the basis of fraud and dishonesty. How could such an institution conveniently produce graduates that are worthy in learning and character? The university that carries a motto of excellence, integrity and service which are grossly deficient in everything that defines the pseudo-university.

Many of these Departments, Units, Sections have Pastors, Imams, and other so-called Born-again Christians and Muslims - where is their conscience?

Less than two months period was used for registration, lectures and examination in the last semester. All the staff and students know this! Any future for this system? Find out their recruitment strategies - (1) politically inclined, (2) through back doors, (3) appeasement god fathers, (4) how many sound-minded academics remain in the university? The staff are divided along ethnic and religious lines to the detriments of the students. Right before their noses, LAUTECH is undeniably regarded all over the world as the only Accredited Yahoo-Plus University.

Truth be told all of them - management, staff, students, religious fanatics- are part of this mess! What was the outcome of the staff and financial audit? Great revelation of corruption!

Though it seems to be the end-time LAUTECH, I can only pray that this will not be the beginning of the end of LAUTECH.

I wouldn't be surprised to know that you're a jobless fellow.

I graduated from LAUTECH, it's not the best of schools, but it's a breeding ground for intellectuals.

If you graduated from LAUTECH without influencing your grades, you can be rest assured that you will survive anything life throws at you.

Also, those that ended up being fraudsters had it wrong from the get go, the have low moral standard, blaming LAUTECH for what they choose to do with their life is a faulty way to think.

The school is non-residential, so you can't say you're really influenced, if you did not actuvely search for what is not missing.

To rubbish, the entire institution and her product based on your shallow experience is a total prejudice that shouldn't be entertained in a modern society.

Goodluck with life.
Re: LAUTECH Is A Home Of Intellectuals And Not Cyber Crimes – Lautech SUG by pfadom: 6:11am On Feb 11, 2019
That some people represented LAUTECH and won does not erase what LAUTECH is known for - fraud, mark sorting, settlement of lecturers to pass and Yahoo!
Re: LAUTECH Is A Home Of Intellectuals And Not Cyber Crimes – Lautech SUG by pfadom: 6:12am On Feb 11, 2019
That some people represented LAUTECH and won does not erase what LAUTECH is known for - fraud, mark sorting, settlement of lecturers to pass and Yahoo!

I once worked in the University and I have my fact. It will take sometime for any transformation to change public perception. Ask the residents, taxi drivers and okada risers in Ogbomoso what they know about LAUTECH, their response will shock you all.

iwriterng:

I graduated from LAUTECH, it's not the best of schools, but it's a breeding ground for intellectuals.

If you graduated from LAUTECH without influencing your grades, you can be rest assured that you will survive anything life throws at you.

Also, those that ended up being fraudsters had it wrong from the get go, the have low moral standard, blaming LAUTECH for what they choose to do with their life is a faulty way to think.

The school is non-residential, so you can't say you're really influenced, if you did not actuvely search for what is not missing.

To rubbish, the entire institution and her product based on your shallow experience is a total prejudice that shouldn't be entertained in a modern society.

Goodluck with life.
Re: LAUTECH Is A Home Of Intellectuals And Not Cyber Crimes – Lautech SUG by Abraham1986: 10:12am On Sep 29, 2019
pfadom:

Will you keep ur stinking mouth somewhere for national cleaning. All my colleagues are doing well in the state with good jobs. My professors were wonderful. My doctors were exposed and junior lectures were awesome. It’s so hard to undermine any LAUTECH graduate in their various spheres of life except for the lil bad eggs among them.
Re: LAUTECH Is A Home Of Intellectuals And Not Cyber Crimes – Lautech SUG by Abraham1986: 10:16am On Sep 29, 2019
iwriterng:

Goodluck with life.
If you graduated from LAUTECH without influencing your grades, you can be rest assured that you will survive anything life throws at you. — simple truth. U have said it all

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Establishes Farming Enterprises To Train Students / Where To Buy Or Purchase Nursing Form In Delta State Nigeria / Akwa Ibom Students Sitting On The Floor To Learn (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.