Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,297 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

What's Your Take On Jungle Justice??? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / What's Your Take On Jungle Justice??? (466 Views)

Mob Stones Suspected ‘yahoo Boy’ To Death : My Two Cents On Jungle Justice / My Experience With Armed Robbers And Stance On Jungle Justice / Jungle Justice On Armed Robbers Caught In Anambra State (Graphic Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Take On Jungle Justice??? by oluwakayode25(m): 2:48pm On Feb 10, 2019
Hi guys, What's your take on Jungle justice??
What experiences have you gathered about this act so far??
Have you partook in one before??

Let me tell you a little story, it has no connection with Jungle justice, but it could have if things went wrong that day....

Sometimes in 2014,i was in my 5th year in the university, I was returning home from school along this almost lonely path in the evening on that day, it wasn't a desolate street, it was flanked with houses but activities on this street was minimal. I was tired from school activities that day so I was dragging myself as best as I could so I could put some food in my empty belly. I noticed the wailing of a child, it sounded very close by, there was a school along that path, I knew the wailing had to be from there, but the school was closed, windows and doors both.. I walked around the structure and discovered the room that contained the child, I broke the window open to find a small girl weeping, she must have been in her 3rd or 4th year of life at most, I lifted her out of the room through the window I destroyed.
Getting her out was the easy part, getting her mine was the hardest, night was fast approaching and I needed to get her home, so I asked her where she resided and all she could was point, I decided to walk with her in that direction, to cut the long story short, we walked for close to an hour before a woman on a bike called the child's name, thank goodness, somebody knows this kid at last, I told her my part of the story, she thanked me and told me the kids parent have been worried sick, she said she was going to take her home and I gladly left the kid in her possession.... I narrated my ordeal to a friend, and he said, "Doyin do you know you could ve been lynched in Lagos or anywhere for that matter...

I ve been seeing a lot of jungle justice, I once had a friend who said he partook in one... I don't encourage justice jungle and I feel people need to be interrogated until found guilty... Listen to them before you take actions, let the appropriate quarters handle decision making when it comes to something of this magnitude...
With jungle justice, no one is truly safe, you only need to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.. My 2 cents!!!

Re: What's Your Take On Jungle Justice??? by hisgrace090: 3:10pm On Feb 10, 2019
When our police stops taking bribe from offenders and setting them free is when jungle justice will stop.
Re: What's Your Take On Jungle Justice??? by oluwakayode25(m): 3:51pm On Feb 10, 2019
Do you know that more than half the people lynched most times are innocent or victims of circumstances... If GOD killed us each time we sinned, the human race will be no more...
Re: What's Your Take On Jungle Justice??? by meobizy(f): 5:11pm On Feb 10, 2019
If the discussions still remain on the pages of online platforms and not radio stations then the situation will continue.
It is an African solution created for African problems.
Re: What's Your Take On Jungle Justice??? by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:25am On Feb 11, 2019
your story no make meaning ooo..but if a thief is caught..let him be killed
Re: What's Your Take On Jungle Justice??? by oluwakayode25(m): 1:44pm On Feb 11, 2019
valentineuwakwe:
your story no make meaning ooo..but if a thief is caught..let him be killed

No be everybody get the ability understand things na, any body can be caught in ugly situations even when innocent.... What if somebody saw a 2 year old kid with a stranger that day after the parents have been looking all over for her??,, in certain places, they won't even ask me questions, they go attack me straight and call me names
Re: What's Your Take On Jungle Justice??? by Hardrive(m): 9:11pm On Feb 11, 2019
Only if it has been proven beyond doubt that the person is guilty as charged. And only when the person has killed another or stolen enough to cause the victim so much pain that eventually lead to death. The reason why there is so much crime in this country is because we allow the perpetrators go free and at other times we give them the benefit of the doubt.

(1) (Reply)

2 Arrested For Trying To Plant Bomb On Ebonyi Bidge / Video: Two Men Disgraced And Flogged Mercilessly In Public For Stealing Chickens / Pilot Intentionally Crashes Plane Into Baby Shower Party In Attempt To Kill Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.