Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,216 members, 7,825,813 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Who Are You Looking Up To? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Are You Looking Up To? (315 Views)

Looking Up To Jesus / Stop Looking Down On Your Self Even Angels And The Saints Are Looking Up To You / Looking Up To God For Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Are You Looking Up To? by amyblessed(f): 10:39am On Feb 11, 2019
Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith. I have come to learn that this heavenly race is a personal race. If you look up to somebody as your role model in this race, you might miss it. That person you are looking up to, how is his or her standing with God?
Many of us do things because they saw their pastor or a church member doing same thing, therefore to them, such things are right. That pastor or church member is certainly not the Bible? In as much as it is good to admire the good character you see in a Christian and try to do same, you shouldn't look up to him or her as a map that points the way to heaven.
Don't forget that the person you are looking up to is human, and can make mistakes. If he falls into a ditch, you are likely going to follow him. A saying in Igbo says "follow my words, do not follow my character". There are people that preach, but after the preaching, they do the opposite of what they preach.
If the person preaches the the Bible, follow what he preaches, and not following what he does. Everyone will stand alone on that day, you will not stand for him or her and that person will not stand for you too. Christ only is our role model!

1 Like

Re: Who Are You Looking Up To? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Feb 11, 2019
Jesus! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Who Are You Looking Up To? by amyblessed(f): 4:43pm On Feb 11, 2019
jesusjnr:
Jesus! cheesy
That's right. He alone is our role model

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Are You Looking Up To? by Deicide: 6:39pm On Feb 11, 2019
amyblessed:

That's right. He alone is our role model
Fictional Jesus lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Who Are You Looking Up To? by amyblessed(f): 6:57pm On Feb 11, 2019
Deicide:
Fictional Jesus lipsrsealed

I dont have much to say to you, rather than may God have mercy on you.
Re: Who Are You Looking Up To? by Atewo400(m): 7:03pm On Feb 11, 2019
amyblessed:

I dont have much to say to you, rather than may God have mercy on you.
prove your God and ur Jesus
Re: Who Are You Looking Up To? by amyblessed(f): 7:08pm On Feb 11, 2019
Atewo400:
prove your God and ur Jesus

Sorry, I'm not the one to prove Him to you, rather He will prove Himself to you.
Re: Who Are You Looking Up To? by Atewo400(m): 10:45pm On Feb 11, 2019
amyblessed:

Sorry, I'm not the one to prove Him to you, rather He will prove Himself to you.
he has failed to do that
such an incompetent being

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Are You Looking Up To? by xproducer: 5:02am On Feb 12, 2019
Well stated @amyblessed!

Thus says the Lord: “Cursed is the man who trusts in man And makes flesh his strength, Whose heart departs from the Lord."- Jeremiah 17:5

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the Lord and depart from evil." - Proverbs 3:5-7

+++++++++++++++++++
amyblessed:
Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith. I have come to learn that this heavenly race is a personal race. If you look up to somebody as your role model in this race, you might miss it. That person you are looking up to, how is his or her standing with God?
Many of us do things because they saw their pastor or a church member doing same thing, therefore to them, such things are right. That pastor or church member is certainly not the Bible? In as much as it is good to admire the good character you see in a Christian and try to do same, you shouldn't look up to him or her as a map that points the way to heaven.
Don't forget that the person you are looking up to is human, and can make mistakes. If he falls into a ditch, you are likely going to follow him. A saying in Igbo says "follow my words, do not follow my character". There are people that preach, but after the preaching, they do the opposite of what they preach.
If the person preaches the the Bible, follow what he preaches, and not following what he does. Everyone will stand alone on that day, you will not stand for him or her and that person will not stand for you too. Christ only is our role model!

1 Like

Re: Who Are You Looking Up To? by amyblessed(f): 10:49am On Feb 12, 2019
Atewo400:

he has failed to do that
such an incompetent being

Just pray that He will not prove Himself to you with evil like He did to Pharaoh and others who despised His authority.

(1) (Reply)

Trouble Tree / Cossy Orjiakor Reacts To Apostle Suleman’s Private Jet / Kim Clement Prophecy Says Trump Will Be Baptized In Holy Spirit, Win Second Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.