Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

Why There May Be Crisis After The Presidential Election. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why There May Be Crisis After The Presidential Election. (722 Views)

2023: There Will Be Crisis If Peter Obi, Tinubu Lose - Primate Ayodele / If Obi Wins, There Will Be Crisis And Interim Govt / 2020: There’ll Be Crisis In Nigeria, A New Country Will Emerge — Primate Ayodele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why There May Be Crisis After The Presidential Election. by Godsonx2012: 11:09am On Feb 11, 2019
There are already indications that this 2019 general election, especially the presidential election promises to be the most keenly contested election since the return to democratic governance in 1999 and susceptible to post-election-crisis.
Unlike the former elections, with the exception of 2015, the two major contenders, that is, Buhari and Atiku are from the same region, same religion and same ethnicity. Added to this is the fact that the two candidates are representing the two biggest and most popular political parties whose representation cut across the length and breadth of the country.
But what might actually be a source of crisis is how the two contenders, Buhari and Atiku have been pulling unprecedented crowd in all of their rallies (though it is believed most of the crowds are rented).
The pulling of crowd has become a prominent phenomenon in this 2019 election campaigns that it has taken the place of presenting party’s manifesto to the voters. They believe the size of crowd they see at their rallies indicates their popularity and acceptance.
This “pulling of crowd” has created false impression among their followers that they are certain that that their candidates must win the election. Hopes are raised, expectations are high. But these hopes and expectations are built on nothing but falsehood because huge crowds at rallies do not necessarily translate to huge voters support since the same crowd show up at all rallies because they are paid.
Now, what will happen with the help of social media is that many people will be acutely disappointed and unable to believe it when the result of the election is announced and their candidates, whom they have expected to coast home victory lost the election. There will be so much anger that will catalyze to violence. Mark my word, this country may not remain the same again after this election except some preemptive measures are taken to forestall it.
Re: Why There May Be Crisis After The Presidential Election. by dessywayne(m): 11:10am On Feb 11, 2019
Op, u shouldn't wish war on your country, what u should do is OBIdiently pray and ATIKULATELY observe.

I stand with #ATIKU

2 Likes

Re: Why There May Be Crisis After The Presidential Election. by Godsonx2012: 11:53am On Feb 11, 2019
dessywayne:
Op, u shouldn't wish war on your country, what u should do is OBIdiently pray and ATIKULATELY observe.

I stand with #ATIKU

My vote is for Mohalu not Atikulooter/Obituary undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Why There May Be Crisis After The Presidential Election. by haffaze777(m): 12:00pm On Feb 11, 2019
Op there won't be any violence
Re: Why There May Be Crisis After The Presidential Election. by cheruv: 12:32pm On Feb 11, 2019
OP is right... What both candidates do is to recycle crowds so I'd not be surprised if things go out of hand.
Anyway.. I am Quetzacoatl whom the children of Kem called Ra and my vaults have been opened to drink the sea of blood Nigeria would give me by June this year kiss

(1) (Reply)

PDP Situation Room Update / Nigeria Needs Restructuring Now / After 27 States Buhari Leads With 3 Million Votes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.