Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,125 members, 7,818,374 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

[ SEO AMA ] Ask Me Anything About Search Engine Optimization. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / [ SEO AMA ] Ask Me Anything About Search Engine Optimization. (2322 Views)

SERP- Understand All About Search Engine Result Pages. / Search Engine Optimization Tips / Top 5 Benefits Of Search Engine Optimization For Small Businesses In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

[ SEO AMA ] Ask Me Anything About Search Engine Optimization. by Tolzeal(m): 10:47pm On Feb 11, 2019
I've spent the last few years of my life working with Search Engines, making Google the top priority though. I practical understand the Google language and I might be helping you out with what really works.

I'm making no guarantee you will rank your targeted Keywords No 1 on SERP the first day/week or even month. It's a gradual process with feasible signals if you're doing something right.

This AMA will be perfect for Small Business Owners or bloggers trying to push their keywords on SERP.

So, I declare this thread Open - Feel Free to drop your Questions and I will respond as soon as possible.

cc:lalasticlala,adewasco2k

1 Like 1 Share

Re: [ SEO AMA ] Ask Me Anything About Search Engine Optimization. by Jacktheripper: 1:04am On Feb 12, 2019
E pain me as Chelsea chop am from Mancity
Re: [ SEO AMA ] Ask Me Anything About Search Engine Optimization. by MrThisandthat(m): 1:26am On Feb 12, 2019
Mehn I am totally blank on the whole SEO thing... Any advice on how to start? So I will even understand it well before I can be able to ask questions??
Re: [ SEO AMA ] Ask Me Anything About Search Engine Optimization. by hassinho707(m): 1:27am On Feb 12, 2019
Jacktheripper:
E pain me as Chelsea chop am from Mancity
Re: [ SEO AMA ] Ask Me Anything About Search Engine Optimization. by hassinho707(m): 1:30am On Feb 12, 2019
Tolzeal:
I've spent the last few years of my life working with Search Engines, Making Google the top priority though. I practical understand the Google Language and I might be helping you out with what really works.

I'm making no Guarantee you will rank your targeted Keywords No 1 on SERP the first day/week or even month. It's a gradual process with feasible signals if you're doing something right.

This AMA will be perfect for Small Business Owners or bloggers trying to push their keywords on SERP.

So , I declare this thread Open - Feel Free to drop your Questions and I will respond as soon as possible.
Please, how do I remove spam scores from a website
Re: [ SEO AMA ] Ask Me Anything About Search Engine Optimization. by Tolzeal(m): 9:51am On Feb 12, 2019
hassinho707:
Please, how do I remove spam scores from a website

You shouldn't bother yourself with those metrics as they mostly third parties.
They are meant only to guide you but affect your rank efficiency on SERP. Bad Spam score appear often comes when you build spam links from directories, profiles, comments and making use of EXACT anchor text.

Make a link Audit and Disavow some of these links, That should definitely help metrics change in a couple month.

MrThisandthat:
Mehn I am totally blank on the whole SEO thing... Any advice on how to start? So I will even understand it well before I can be able to ask questions??

When I actually started, I worked with a course on UDEMY ( Tried searching on UDEMY but couldn't locate the exact course ) but there are still some good ones that would kickstart your journey in terms of structured classes.

If you like reading blogs, Few I'm going to recommend are ;

https://backlinko.com/blog
https://www.matthewwoodward.co.uk/
https://neilpatel.com/blog/

These are great resources to do some digs.
Re: [ SEO AMA ] Ask Me Anything About Search Engine Optimization. by FincoApps(m): 1:54am On Mar 02, 2019
Tolzeal:
I've spent the last few years of my life working with Search Engines, Making Google the top priority though. I practical understand the Google Language and I might be helping you out with what really works.

I'm making no Guarantee you will rank your targeted Keywords No 1 on SERP the first day/week or even month. It's a gradual process with feasible signals if you're doing something right.

So , I declare this thread Open - Feel Free to drop your Questions and I will respond as soon as possible.

How much do you know about ASO (App Store Optimization)?
I'm about to start an experiment on it and I'll love to hear from people in the same field
Re: [ SEO AMA ] Ask Me Anything About Search Engine Optimization. by Tolzeal(m): 10:09am On Mar 08, 2019
FincoApps:

How much do you know about ASO (App Store Optimization)?
I'm about to start an experiment on it and I'll love to hear from people in the same field

I've honestly not worked with ASO projects personally , But from antecedents you will review targeted Users Keyword downloads to be able to rank your app on store.

There are couple websites that offer this service , You can try :
Re: [ SEO AMA ] Ask Me Anything About Search Engine Optimization. by Tolzeal(m): 3:01pm On Apr 16, 2019
Taking more questions now guys wink
Re: [ SEO AMA ] Ask Me Anything About Search Engine Optimization. by hassinho707(m): 5:27pm On Apr 16, 2019
Please, what's the best way to get my videos ranked on YouTube? i.e I want more YouTube views
Re: [ SEO AMA ] Ask Me Anything About Search Engine Optimization. by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 16, 2019
What's the best way a particular key word I am trying to rank?
Re: [ SEO AMA ] Ask Me Anything About Search Engine Optimization. by Tolzeal(m): 9:17pm On Apr 16, 2019
hassinho707:
Please, what's the best way to get my videos ranked on YouTube? i.e I want more YouTube views

Getting your videos ranked on YT is quite easy but you need stuff that work.
Firstly; You need to optimize your videos; TITLE, DESCRIPTION, AND TAGS

Let say you're trying to rank for "how to be a good boy".

You should have that keyword in your "TITLE" , Spring the same Keyword in your description let say 3-5 times. I always keep the density < 2% on a minimum of 200 words of content.

You can check your keyword density using : https://smallseotools.com/keyword-density-checker/

Click on TEXT and paste your content there.

After that; You want to generate more longtail keywords for your Tags

I normally use 2 options ;

1. https://keywordshitter.com: This helps you generate more longtail keywords, Copy and push them to have your video optimized to gain more organic traffic .

2. http://lsigraph.com: LSI simply means LATENT SEMANTIC INDEXING, LSIgraph is a tool that helps you find related keywords that are almost of the same meaning, Get some keywords and you use it on your tag as well to gain more organic traffic.

After having your video optimized which I always presume the first stage, You need to gain some impressions/engagement to your video.There are couple websites you can buy Views and Likes from but most times they won't get you ranked.

You can buy some on fiverr.com or SEOclerks.com

I've ranked my videos successful using: https://smm-heaven.net/,
Just kickstart your video with 1k+ views, Couple hundred likes, comments - Leave and watch it grow it organically.

ClixMaster:
What's the best way a particular key word I am trying to rank?

So many factors and this question seem way generic.

Tell me what you've done, What's your current position on SERP? Do you have the on-page well optimized? What's your Technically SEO saying ? have you built backlinks to the page? Give some indications on what you've done , I'm sure I can help one way.
Re: [ SEO AMA ] Ask Me Anything About Search Engine Optimization. by Nobody: 11:32pm On Apr 16, 2019
Tolzeal:

Getting your videos ranked on YT is quite easy but you need stuff that work.
Firstly; You need to optimize your videos; TITLE, DESCRIPTION, AND TAGS

Let say you're trying to rank for "how to be a good boy".

You should have that keyword in your "TITLE" , Spring the same Keyword in your description let say 3-5 times. I always keep the density < 2% on a minimum of 200 words of content.

You can check your keyword density using : https://smallseotools.com/keyword-density-checker/

Click on TEXT and paste your content there.

After that; You want to generate more longtail keywords for your Tags

I normally use 2 options ;

1. https://keywordshitter.com: This helps you generate more longtail keywords, Copy and push them to have your video optimized to gain more organic traffic .

2. http://lsigraph.com: LSI simply means LATENT SEMANTIC INDEXING, LSIgraph is a tool that helps you find related keywords that are almost of the same meaning, Get some keywords and you use it on your tag as well to gain more organic traffic.

After having your video optimized which I always presume the first stage, You need to gain some impressions/engagement to your video.There are couple websites you can buy Views and Likes from but most times they won't get you ranked.

You can buy some on fiverr.com or SEOclerks.com

I've ranked my videos successful using: https://smm-heaven.net/,
Just kickstart your video with 1k+ views, Couple hundred likes, comments - Leave and watch it grow it organically.

So many factors and this question seem way generic.

Tell me what you've done, What's your current position on SERP? Do you have the on-page well optimized? What's your Technically SEO saying ? have you built backlinks to the page? Give some indications on what you've done , I'm sure I can help one way.
Don't know much about these SEO stuff. All I know is that I include the keyword in every post. How do I build backlink on a particular keyword? What is the best way to optimize keword on the blog?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: [ SEO AMA ] Ask Me Anything About Search Engine Optimization. by Tolzeal(m): 7:46pm On Apr 20, 2019
ClixMaster:
Don't know much about these SEO stuff. All I know is that I include the keyword in every post. How do I build backlink on a particular keyword? What is the best way to optimize keword on the blog?

Well, In as much as I love sharing you all that's needed , I might be looking at giving some YT videos that talks about Basic Onpage Optimization.

For Optimization aspect ,
You will need to optimize your Keyword for the

1. Title Tag
2. Content
3 URL
4. H1 and H2 most specifically. I only do H1 and H2 for onpage Optimization.

5. Load speed & Image Optimization ( Technical SEO )

Let say I'm trying to rank for the Keyword " Best Real Estate companies in Lagos "

Title would be like : Best Real Estate Companies in Lagos - (MODIFIER )

Modifier helps with Click through Rate ( CTR ) - the more people that stays on your website the better Google thinks your information is been valued and higher you move on SERP.

So my New Title could be ;

Best Real Estate Companies in Lagos - Your Top List !
Best Real Estate Companies in Lagos - {Recently Updated}
Best Real Estate Companies in Lagos - JUST UPDATED

The idea is just to make searchers think you have the most recent information. You can actually call ot clickbait if you want. It's allowed.

There are lots of ways you could pull this work. Just make sure you're having the Primary keyword you're trying to rank coming FIRST followed by a modifier.

Next would be H1 after Title Optimization.

Honestly, Most of the time , I use my Title as my H1 and LSI Keywords using the links I posted above to generate LSI Keywords for my H2(s) .

Url - You should remove the stop words from the URL to stay smart.

The rest can follow suit as I wish.

Also, Remember ! The more information you're providing the merrier. Google loves good contents and you easily pickup long tails search traffic with no extra effort.

Building Backlinks : Lately , I only recommend working with Outreach ( Best Known as Guest Posting ) it's a bit expensive but worth it in the long run .

Let me know if this helps...
Re: [ SEO AMA ] Ask Me Anything About Search Engine Optimization. by Tolzeal(m): 1:28am On May 12, 2019
Still up 01:31 am to answer you. I am Keen to hear from you... wink
Re: [ SEO AMA ] Ask Me Anything About Search Engine Optimization. by magodoro: 6:33am On May 12, 2019
Tolzeal:

Bad Spam score appear often comes when you build spam links from directories, profiles, comments and making use of EXACT anchor text.
I don't really understand this. Does it mean that links from directories, profiles, comments, and exact anchor texts are considered spammy?
Re: [ SEO AMA ] Ask Me Anything About Search Engine Optimization. by Ruddyman(m): 8:46am On May 12, 2019
Good work OP..,.keep it coming
Re: [ SEO AMA ] Ask Me Anything About Search Engine Optimization. by Tolzeal(m): 2:01pm On May 12, 2019
]
magodoro:

I don't really understand this. Does it mean that links from directories, profiles, comments, and exact anchor texts are considered spammy?

No, There are many scenarios that could bring about you having it all spammy- Directories, Profiles, Comments etc are one big area you get your link diversity messed up if you do them TOO MUCH with an exact anchor. Generally, the rule of thumb is doing less of links that can easily be acquired by bots or having cheap VAs build them for you.

Xrummer
GSA
ScrapeBox etc can get millions of these links in hrs( We have gone beyond SEO in 2006 which this can get you ranked easily without slam to time, except if dealing with parasites. Doing this with Exact Match Anchor (EMD) is a big red signal for your personal website. You can have them as diversity links while still playing safe.

I invest most of my resources on Guest Posting, PBN ( Unsaturated), Link Round-Ups ( For Authority whitehat linking ) lately for OFF-PAGE SEO. These approaches give peace of mind while working on improving other areas of your website.

Ruddyman:
Good work OP..,.keep it coming

Thank you so much buddy!
Re: [ SEO AMA ] Ask Me Anything About Search Engine Optimization. by magodoro: 3:15pm On May 12, 2019
Tolzeal:
]

No, There are many scenarios that could bring about you having it all spammy- Directories, Profiles, Comments etc are one big area you get your link diversity messed up if you do them TOO MUCH with an exact anchor. Generally, the rule of thumb is doing less of links that can easily be acquired by bots or having cheap VAs build them for you.

Xrummer
GSA
ScrapeBox etc can get millions of these links in hrs( We have gone beyond SEO in 2006 which this can get you ranked easily without slam to time, except if dealing with parasites. Doing this with Exact Match Anchor (EMD) is a big red signal for your personal website. You can have them as diversity links while still playing safe.

I invest most of my resources on Guest Posting, PBN ( Unsaturated), Link Round-Ups ( For Authority whitehat linking ) lately for OFF-PAGE SEO. These approaches give peace of mind while working on improving other areas of your website.

Thanks for your response, OP. But I thought Google frowns at PBN.
Re: [ SEO AMA ] Ask Me Anything About Search Engine Optimization. by Ruddyman(m): 3:49pm On May 12, 2019
Tolzeal:
]

Xrummer
GSA

Thank you so much buddy!

You're welcome I'm learning along the others
Re: [ SEO AMA ] Ask Me Anything About Search Engine Optimization. by Tolzeal(m): 12:36pm On May 13, 2019
magodoro:

Thanks for your response, OP. But I thought Google frowns at PBN.

Yes, They do frown at it. But the whole Google ranking thing is an algorithm. If it's an Algorithm it can be gamed. Having too much OBL is a bad signal that could have your network easily tamed as well as not blocking footprints from competitors.

Ruddyman:

You're welcome I'm learning along with others

Sure, We are all here to learn. Glad to have you on board.
Re: [ SEO AMA ] Ask Me Anything About Search Engine Optimization. by Tolzeal(m): 8:44pm On Apr 02, 2020
I'm going to pump this page guys.
It's Covid-19 period. Got SEO issue ? Drop your questions

Cc : Seun , Lalasticlala
Re: [ SEO AMA ] Ask Me Anything About Search Engine Optimization. by Tolzeal(m): 10:32pm On Nov 06, 2020
Post-Covid Giveaway see if we could make the thread a little interesting ;

If you would like me to give you a general website audit with Ahrefs; You can drop your URL on ybin.me then paste me the direct link on this thread; wink
I will work on the audit then send you a final report. smiley

2 Likes

Re: [ SEO AMA ] Ask Me Anything About Search Engine Optimization. by ashishsoni: 3:08pm On May 05, 2021
The SEO blogs of Niel Patel helped for my website https://www.flowerstationdubai.com/
Re: [ SEO AMA ] Ask Me Anything About Search Engine Optimization. by Gbagura: 11:47am On May 06, 2021
Grammarly, Quillbot, hootsuite, scribd etc available

Re: [ SEO AMA ] Ask Me Anything About Search Engine Optimization. by Josephwayin: 12:36pm On Jun 16, 2021
Are you running your small and large business, and you are improving your website ranking in google search results, or you are simply looking for solutions to your website error, When I have to suggest the best Digital Marketing Company in Edinburgh for you, give SEO services and cost-efficient SEO packages for your correct needs. Our SEO packages are plan to deliver measurable as well as relevant results for your business.
Visit for more information: https://planetaryaccountingandmarketing.com/digital-marketing-services/

(1) (Reply)

Website That Generates Money And Traffic On Autopilot For Sale / Paypal Vcc | Virtual Bank Account | BOA VBA |avs Vcc For Paypal|wellfrago Vba / Need Help On Html Mailto Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.