Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,549 members, 7,823,414 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) (42707 Views)

Buhari Campaigns In Aba, Abia: Pictures From Enyimba Stadium / President Buhari Campaigns In Aba, Abia State (Live Updates) / Reactions As President Buhari Campaigns In Anambra (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by fareed69(m): 10:57am On Feb 12, 2019
deboysben:
Let's see how it goes

This time na sand them go pour him face

Okay
Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by Amumaigwe: 10:58am On Feb 12, 2019
sarrki:
South-south and South-east: My Thought On PDP stronghold –

PDP have consistently won 60% or more of the total votes since 2003 in Abia, Akwa Ibom, Anambra, Bayelsa, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, Enugu, Imo and Rivers.

In the last election, PDP got about 50% of their total votes from these states, 6,892,762 votes. The party received 80% or more from each state; the highest was Anambra with 98.5%. But what are the chances of PDP/Atiku repeating the 2015 feat next week in their stronghold?

Personally, I believe PDP have lost some ground in most of these states, if not all.

• In Anambra, Governor Obiano is not hiding his affection for President Buhari and not shying away from publicly promoting the achievements of the Buhari Government in the state and south east as a whole. PDP won the state with 98.5% of the total votes in the last election, I strongly believe this time around, the state could easily swing in favour of either of the two major parties.

• Imo, despite the obvious friction in Imo APC, the incumbent Governor is still solidly behind President Buhari and APC as far as the presidential election is concerned. I doubt if that support will be readily available in the Gubernatorial election especially. I believe APC have a better chance of winning this state.

• In Akwa Ibom and Delta, APC has successfully formed some great alliances and the party seem united in both states. In 2015, PDP secured 2.2 million votes from both states compare to APC 107,321. With the two states boasting 4,965,001 registered voters, an increase of over 1 million newly registered from last election, there is all to play for. I believe PDP will still win both states. I do not honestly believe APC is strong enough to win either state in this election, but I am confident the party will do exceptionally well, which will be nothing compare to the 2015 result.

• No doubt APC have gained some ground in Abia, cross river, Enugu, Bayelsa and Ebonyi, they are not significant enough for the party to win any of those states. PDP will still retain these states but not in a way they will want to. In the last election, PDP had about 90% of total votes in all these states, I don’t see that happening in this election. APC will comfortably secure at least the required 25% in all, and looking at the voting record of these states, it would be considered a decent outing for APC.

• Rivers state, the crown jewel of PDP stronghold with 3,215,273 registered voters. In the last election, PDP had 95% of total votes (1,487,075 votes) compare to APC 4.4% (69,238 votes). Thanks to Amaechi, Abe and co, they have successfully made a mess of APC’s chances in the state. Even though I do honestly believe PDP will win the state, I also believe APC will perform far better than they did in 2015.

At the end of the day, south-south and south-east will remain a PDP stronghold, at least the time being. Though PDP is still firmly entrenched in these two regions, but with Imo state out of their grip, and both main parties having a 50-50 chance of winning Anambra state, this is enough to worry PDP. It says a lot on how deep APC has encroached into their territory. APC secured only about 5% of total votes in SS and SE in 2015, and they still won the election. If they manage to secure about 35-40% in this election, which believe they will, it would be considered a great success. If I were PDP supporter, I would be worried.

Also give us analysis of the grounds APC has lost to PDP in the North since 2015 after the CHANGE they voted for turned to CHAIN.
Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by Otakom87(m): 10:58am On Feb 12, 2019
Wike is capitalizing on this and he is using it well.
chocolatelady:
my dear, its rather unfortunate that the two doesnt want to bury their personal ambition for the sake of the party. I am of the opinion that ameachi would have strike a deal with magnus or rather allow him to be the governorship candidate. They would have come together and stop wike . I dont know why they cannot shelve their pride for the interest of the party. With three senators and other house of rep members in their bags, they will pull more crowd in rivers for PMB.
Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by maxzzo1(m): 11:00am On Feb 12, 2019
donnie:

You hav collected money, Oya bring the crowd na grin
You are right my brother they are busy na renting people to join buses to Adokiye stadium..... na wao

1 Like

Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by Nobody: 11:01am On Feb 12, 2019
senatordave1:

Buhari will pull more crowd here than pdp did yesterday.buhari will get 30% here.
Just listen to your dumb self poor boy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by Askme8: 11:01am On Feb 12, 2019
And u also forget that the simpathetic vote buhari got in 2015 was because of Jonathan's failure and bad government. So now tell me do u think buhari has done far more better than the previous govt that things are now better? This is the worst Nigeria has got in the history of Nigeria. Now let me give you my own analysis why buhari will lose.in 2015 sokoto voted for APC dansuki has not been illegally detained, tambuwa was still in APC.but right now things have change tambuwa is now in PDP and the people have seen that buhari is a failure.in kano kwankwaso was in APC and their Governor has not been found wanted of corruption. In Benue the people have not experience the amount of sluather they experience from the Fulani's buhari kept mum,in kwara sariki was still in APC I can keep mentioning on and on what lead to the victory of buhari back then.but right now my brother don't be deceive most of all this people and mechinary are no more there buhari and his cabals have step on so many toes cupple with his failing health and gross failure that is now glaring.he will have more vote but won't be enough for him to win just like Jonathan he does not have the likes of cut following he has than in 2015 most people who voted for him then will not vote for him again. The north is confused right now on like in 2015 they were so united an average northern love political power so much therefore a win for atiku is still to their advantage of another 8years instead of buhari 4yrs.this is my aguement I am opening to currection

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by Otakom87(m): 11:02am On Feb 12, 2019
senatordave1:

From Friday,we will see who get boys pass for rivers.since ojukaye emerged,have you been hearing about pdp chair felix obuah.
let's see what happens but I still believe that Pdp will not win rivers with the margin of votes they did in 2015.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by Sadiq3051(m): 11:04am On Feb 12, 2019
Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by Nobody: 11:06am On Feb 12, 2019
dokunbo1:
vobinata@mailprotech.com
If you know its a. Fixed why not give it up for free,
Sebi u dey win everyday
Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by SlyCharlie(m): 11:06am On Feb 12, 2019
erico2k2:

Last general elections PDP had the highest votes from Delta state go check the stats.
Rivers, not delta

Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by namdo(m): 11:19am On Feb 12, 2019
where is the live update?
Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by senatordave1(m): 11:19am On Feb 12, 2019
otuekong1:

Just listen to your dumb self poor boy
Your father i guess.unam ikot.dumbie.do you even have ears?
Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by Nobody: 11:22am On Feb 12, 2019
senatordave1:

Your father i guess.unam ikot.dumbie.do you even have ears?
Many are mad but very few are roaming the streets
Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by senatordave1(m): 11:31am On Feb 12, 2019
LucanBeeB:

Lmaooo all those machineries won't amount to SH*T barring any rigging from APC of course... the people's vote will do the talking. Which APC figure from the South can pull quarter of the type of crowd, much less have any type of clout than the names you mentioned for PDP from the North? Amaechi isn't even relevant anymore cause he's literally Wike's boy in the game of politics... A Kwankwaso alone is worth more than a thousand Akpabios and Amaechis combined(I haven't even mentioned Tambuwal sef), and that's more than enough to secure Atiku a safe margin in the Northwest which is Buharis strongest zone. Atiku judging from the impressive rallies done in the North so far will definitely put up a very decent showing in the other zones in the North... Like I said, the election is just three days away, no need making pointless noise online...thr polls will do the talking.
Continue making pointless noise.how many times has buhari won kano without kwankwaso or any major politician? Nobody pulls crowd in akwa ibom than akpabio who installed udom there.has votes ever counted in ss,where were you when pdp were shoring up votes? Upon all the crowd gej pulled up north,where did it lead him to? Your underrating Amechi captured 35% of seats for apc during the 2016 rerun? Do you realize that the winning margin for the apc candidate in amechi constituency was more than that wike's obio akpor? Who in pdp in edo can measure up to oshiomhole? Do you realize ogboru is more popular than okowa? Do you know how many pdp candidates in cross river are being disgraced by the populace? Even without rigging,apc presented popular candidates in ss which should attract votes for buhari unlike saraki that imposed a fraudster or kwankwaso that imposed an unknown inlaw.
Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by senatordave1(m): 11:32am On Feb 12, 2019
otuekong1:

Many are mad but very few are roaming the streets
You and your family are among the many.your filth is being exposed online.
Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by Royalization(m): 11:39am On Feb 12, 2019
Haaa
Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by Wizvicky(m): 11:51am On Feb 12, 2019
sarrki:

PDP have consistently won 60% or more of the total votes since 2003 in Abia, Akwa Ibom, Anambra, Bayelsa, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, Enugu, Imo and Rivers.

In the last election, PDP got about 50% of their total votes from these states, 6,892,762 votes. The party received 80% or more from each state; the highest was Anambra with 98.5%. But what are the chances of PDP/Atiku repeating the 2015 feat next week in their stronghold?

Personally, I believe PDP have lost some ground in most of these states, if not all.

• In Anambra, Governor Obiano is not hiding his affection for President Buhari and not shying away from publicly promoting the achievements of the Buhari Government in the state and south east as a whole. PDP won the state with 98.5% of the total votes in the last election, I strongly believe this time around, the state could easily swing in favour of either of the two major parties.

• Imo, despite the obvious friction in Imo APC, the incumbent Governor is still solidly behind President Buhari and APC as far as the presidential election is concerned. I doubt if that support will be readily available in the Gubernatorial election especially. I believe APC have a better chance of winning this state.

• In Akwa Ibom and Delta, APC has successfully formed some great alliances and the party seem united in both states. In 2015, PDP secured 2.2 million votes from both states compare to APC 107,321. With the two states boasting 4,965,001 registered voters, an increase of over 1 million newly registered from last election, there is all to play for. I believe PDP will still win both states. I do not honestly believe APC is strong enough to win either state in this election, but I am confident the party will do exceptionally well, which will be nothing compare to the 2015 result.

• No doubt APC have gained some ground in Abia, cross river, Enugu, Bayelsa and Ebonyi, they are not significant enough for the party to win any of those states. PDP will still retain these states but not in a way they will want to. In the last election, PDP had about 90% of total votes in all these states, I don’t see that happening in this election. APC will comfortably secure at least the required 25% in all, and looking at the voting record of these states, it would be considered a decent outing for APC.

• Rivers state, the crown jewel of PDP stronghold with 3,215,273 registered voters. In the last election, PDP had 95% of total votes (1,487,075 votes) compare to APC 4.4% (69,238 votes). Thanks to Amaechi, Abe and co, they have successfully made a mess of APC’s chances in the state. Even though I do honestly believe PDP will win the state, I also believe APC will perform far better than they did in 2015.

At the end of the day, south-south and south-east will remain a PDP stronghold, at least the time being. Though PDP is still firmly entrenched in these two regions, but with Imo state out of their grip, and both main parties having a 50-50 chance of winning Anambra state, this is enough to worry PDP. It says a lot on how deep APC has encroached into their territory. APC secured only about 5% of total votes in SS and SE in 2015, and they still won the election. If they manage to secure about 35-40% in this election, which believe they will, it would be considered a great success. If I were PDP supporter, I would be worried.
. You are just very stewpid with your analysis. APC can never. I repeat can never get 10% votes from IMO state.
Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by Tesike: 11:53am On Feb 12, 2019
sarrki:

And how do you think PDP will fare in the result of 2019 compare to 2015 in the Northern State?
Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by alcatraz40: 12:06pm On Feb 12, 2019
stupidity is when Buhari 's wife, Aisha said her husband has failed and u are here burning ur data to defend the obvious can anybody know buhari more than his wife.
Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by Nobody: 12:07pm On Feb 12, 2019
erico2k2:

Last general elections PDP had the highest votes from Delta state go check the stats.

1.2 million votes is more than 1.5 million votes abi?
Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by donnie(m): 12:10pm On Feb 12, 2019
maxzzo1:

You are right my brother they are busy na renting people to join buses to Adokiye stadium..... na wao

Lol... cheesy
Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by tegrianonigltd(m): 12:12pm On Feb 12, 2019
senatordave1:

These men would fight wike and atiku on Saturday to a standstill.
Fight Wike the thug?? Wike look like someone who is ready to kill his mother for position
Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by suxkill: 12:17pm On Feb 12, 2019
sarrki:

Where did this Buhari zombie copy this crap

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by NEIGHBOUR(m): 12:20pm On Feb 12, 2019
highqueen:
Buhari...oleee

@highqueen, if you call Buhari a thief, then what will u call Atiku who has been nationally and internationally accepted as a klepto. He even shamelessly said he has changed which his boss Obasanjo has confirmed.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by erico2k2(m): 12:24pm On Feb 12, 2019
Ekinematics:

1.2 million votes is more than 1.5 million votes abi?
How your own take reach 1.5 ahaha U add Jara
Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by deavicky(m): 12:36pm On Feb 12, 2019
senatordave1:

Buhari will pull more crowd here than pdp did yesterday.buhari will get 30% here.
wen they say make una go school una go say no, even if una go una no go enter class. See how u mess urself up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by tammie24: 12:38pm On Feb 12, 2019
peeddy:
this would be where 2 or 3 are gathered
aswear grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by Nobody: 1:15pm On Feb 12, 2019
erico2k2:

How your own take reach 1.5 ahaha U add Jara

I approximated the both.
Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by PastorandMentor(m): 1:31pm On Feb 12, 2019
Thunder fire APC
Re: Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) by senatordave1(m): 1:52pm On Feb 12, 2019
deavicky:
wen they say make una go school una go say no, even if una go una no go enter class. See how u mess urself up.
If you were educated as you claim,you should have waited and see the crowd before spewing saliva.bushy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Only Igbo Will Survive If Nigeria Breaks – Fayose / President Muhammadu Buhari Receives Yemi Osinbajo At The State House (Photos) / Yagana Musa Becomes First Kanuri Woman To Become A Major In The Nigerian Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.