Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,238 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:27 AM

The Only Abandoned Project That Buhari Will Not Complete - Tolu Ogunlesi - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Only Abandoned Project That Buhari Will Not Complete - Tolu Ogunlesi (29773 Views)

Tolu Ogunlesi Replies Peter Obi On Ukraine's Grains / How Reno Omokri Silenced Tolu Ogunlesi With One Picture / Tolu Ogunlesi Releases His Own Version Of Amaechi Tape To Counter Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Only Abandoned Project That Buhari Will Not Complete - Tolu Ogunlesi by johnaruson(m): 8:56am On Feb 13, 2019
No be fight my man: remember that your destiny was used by Amaechi to build the white elephant mono rail.
Friend01:

Eh,we agree it is a white elephant project.
You, show us the black crocodile project you and you PDP did?
Nonsense and radarada
Re: The Only Abandoned Project That Buhari Will Not Complete - Tolu Ogunlesi by Thetruthshallse(m): 8:56am On Feb 13, 2019
Alexis11:
PDP is a fraud.

Multiplier effect of corruption

1. A young man works for one of the state ministries. His salary is 120K. He makes 15,000 everyday on this desk (N75k a week) engaging in corrupt practices. As a result, he spends the daily cash as he cares. Living large and far above his legitimate income.

2. He visits the local joint every evening and buys drinks for friends, and area boys. They hail him. He is married, but has two girlfriends. His "income" is enough to take care of them. The Asun seller at his favorite joint is happy, the joint owner is happy.

3. Everyone was benefiting from his "income". Friends, family, area boys, joint owner, Asun seller, girlfriends, wife and his church. Life was good.

4. Then suddenly the ministry implemented the Treasury Single Account (TSA) at the beginning of PMB administration. His extra "income" disappeared and he had to adjust to the reality of event and live within his real income. That wasn't easy.

5. Initially he reduced his daily visit to the joint to 3 days a week and stopped buying drinks for everyone. He reduced the plates of Asun. The Asun seller started to find it hard to sell a full goat each day and resorted to buying half.

6. The young man's girlfriends started to feel the heat too. No more iPhone 10. The joint owner noticed a drop in sales. The young man finally stopped visiting the joint after a month. The area boys started feeling his absence. The effect cascaded down.

7. The young man started spending more time at home with his wife and kids. The family had to readjust to the reality of the new normal. His hair stylist noticed the young man suddenly stopped tipping. He will even wait for his N200 change after haircut.

8. Things are different. Times are hard, they all cry. The young man is blaming Buhari, his wife is blaming Buhari, the area boys are blaming Buhari, the girlfriends are saying Buhari must go, the joint owner is saying Buhari killed the "economy"

9. The Asun seller is cursing Buhari, the hair stylist is insisting Buhari is too old to rule. This is the story of our nation where corruption fuels the "economy". Those who are not engaging in it are benefiting from it.

10. This tread is not about Buhari's achievement or failure, but rather about the "multiplier" effect of corruption and how we have built a system largely driven by corruption. It's about policy implication (good or bad). It's about the choices we have made.

Finally, the young man had to withdraw his kids from what he called expensive primary school his kids attend. He added:"what are they teaching them there sef " Obasanjo didn't go to a private school. I just laughed .
wonderful written. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: The Only Abandoned Project That Buhari Will Not Complete - Tolu Ogunlesi by UncletC: 8:56am On Feb 13, 2019
[quote author=kehinde1588 post=75679362]Very useless party. Anything PDP lays their hands on become abandoned.

Just imagine Buhari completed the building for them, they would still open their stupid mouth to say we started it grin grin

Starting without finishing is a waste of time and resources. Its better not to start than to start and leave it uncompleted.

As far as us patriotic Nigerians are concerned, the person who completes it get the credits. you are sick for this post....since APC took over, show us one sector that has improved? is it education, health, industry, Agric, commerce, economy, judiciary......
do you even know the status of Nigeria public offices presently...... is fighting perceived enemies fighting corruption....
how has the corruption help you as a person......
Re: The Only Abandoned Project That Buhari Will Not Complete - Tolu Ogunlesi by Nobody: 9:01am On Feb 13, 2019
AllenSpencer:

You dont have PVC!
You better don't die before your time grin Oponu oshi, na you collect PVC for me??
Re: The Only Abandoned Project That Buhari Will Not Complete - Tolu Ogunlesi by AllenSpencer: 9:03am On Feb 13, 2019
SugarMuffin:
You better don't die before your time grin Oponu oshi, na you collect PVC for me??

Hello!

You dont have PVC! Stop starting a war about your very own lies
Re: The Only Abandoned Project That Buhari Will Not Complete - Tolu Ogunlesi by Nobody: 9:04am On Feb 13, 2019
AllenSpencer:

Hello!

You dont have PVC! Stop starting a war about your very own lies
I'm going to stop quoting you, but I need to answer you first, do you know me? Are you me? Am I you? Is you me? How do you know I have a PVC or I don't? What's your stress? Why are. You using paracetamol on top another person headache?
Re: The Only Abandoned Project That Buhari Will Not Complete - Tolu Ogunlesi by AllenSpencer: 9:06am On Feb 13, 2019
SugarMuffin:
I'm going to stop quoting you, but I need to answer you first, do you know me? Are you me? Am I you? Is you me? How do you know I have a PVC or I don't? What's your stress? Why are. You using paracetamol on top another person headache?

You dont have PVC and thats Final!

Do you know who you are quoting?
Re: The Only Abandoned Project That Buhari Will Not Complete - Tolu Ogunlesi by Nobody: 9:08am On Feb 13, 2019
AllenSpencer:

You dont have PVC and thats Final!

Do you know who you are quoting?
Mtchewwwwwww

1 Like

Re: The Only Abandoned Project That Buhari Will Not Complete - Tolu Ogunlesi by AllenSpencer: 9:09am On Feb 13, 2019
SugarMuffin:
Mtchewwwwwww

The subject matter here is that you dont have PVC!
Re: The Only Abandoned Project That Buhari Will Not Complete - Tolu Ogunlesi by bizzibodi(m): 9:10am On Feb 13, 2019
Buhari need to help PDP probe who pocket that #31bn.PDP shld b ashame of theirselves. angry
Re: The Only Abandoned Project That Buhari Will Not Complete - Tolu Ogunlesi by Chukwurah003: 9:14am On Feb 13, 2019
This is what PDP have been stealing money for?
Re: The Only Abandoned Project That Buhari Will Not Complete - Tolu Ogunlesi by Ladipo10(m): 9:21am On Feb 13, 2019
As much as your analogy seems right, please what does making money on desk has to do with TSA?
Yes, there is corruption in the land but the fight is lopsided.

1. A young man works for one of the state ministries. His salary is 120K. He makes 15,000 everyday on this desk (N75k a week) engaging in corrupt practices. As a result, he spends the daily cash as he cares. Living large and far above his legitimate income.

2. He visits the local joint every evening and buys drinks for friends, and area boys. They hail him. He is married, but has two girlfriends. His "income" is enough to take care of them. The Asun seller at his favorite joint is happy, the joint owner is happy.

3. Everyone was benefiting from his "income". Friends, family, area boys, joint owner, Asun seller, girlfriends, wife and his church. Life was good.

4. Then suddenly the ministry implemented the Treasury Single Account (TSA) at the beginning of PMB administration. His extra "income" disappeared and he had to adjust to the reality of event and live within his real income. That wasn't easy.

5. Initially he reduced his daily visit to the joint to 3 days a week and stopped buying drinks for everyone. He reduced the plates of Asun. The Asun seller started to find it hard to sell a full goat each day and resorted to buying half.

6. The young man's girlfriends started to feel the heat too. No more iPhone 10. The joint owner noticed a drop in sales. The young man finally stopped visiting the joint after a month. The area boys started feeling his absence. The effect cascaded down.

7. The young man started spending more time at home with his wife and kids. The family had to readjust to the reality of the new normal. His hair stylist noticed the young man suddenly stopped tipping. He will even wait for his N200 change after haircut.

8. Things are different. Times are hard, they all cry. The young man is blaming Buhari, his wife is blaming Buhari, the area boys are blaming Buhari, the girlfriends are saying Buhari must go, the joint owner is saying Buhari killed the "economy"

9. The Asun seller is cursing Buhari, the hair stylist is insisting Buhari is too old to rule. This is the story of our nation where corruption fuels the "economy". Those who are not engaging in it are benefiting from it.

10. This tread is not about Buhari's achievement or failure, but rather about the "multiplier" effect of corruption and how we have built a system largely driven by corruption. It's about policy implication (good or bad). It's about the choices we have made.

Finally, the young man had to withdraw his kids from what he called expensive primary school his kids attend. He added:"what are they teaching them there sef " Obasanjo didn't go to a private school. I just laughed .[/quote]
Re: The Only Abandoned Project That Buhari Will Not Complete - Tolu Ogunlesi by shosky1794: 9:36am On Feb 13, 2019
Alexis11:
PDP is a fraud.

Finally, the young man had to withdraw his kids from what he called expensive primary school his kids attend. He added:"what are they teaching them there sef " Obasanjo didn't go to a private school. I just laughed .

Brilliant submission. We saw corruption as a way of life and that's why everybody is shouting hunger now. Even people who are not ready to work are shouting and they all blame it on Buhari. Someone who has been into internet scam for more than 6 years now but just because he's not making money from his scam anymore is blaming Buhari for that too.

2 Likes

Re: The Only Abandoned Project That Buhari Will Not Complete - Tolu Ogunlesi by Bobnotrouble: 9:52am On Feb 13, 2019
myboy2111:
Next Level.

Rational Nigerians have since abandon PDP!
Re: The Only Abandoned Project That Buhari Will Not Complete - Tolu Ogunlesi by lawbabs: 9:56am On Feb 13, 2019
SugarMuffin:
AtikuObi till 2023 grin
I don't care about anything apart from voting for AtikuObi on Saturday kiss

Point of Correction, it should be AtikuObi till 2027!

1 Like

Re: The Only Abandoned Project That Buhari Will Not Complete - Tolu Ogunlesi by calberian: 10:29am On Feb 13, 2019
A serious government, upon asuming office and making a comprehensive assesment of the situation on ground would have come out to outline the problems and what solutions the experts that they have consulted on the problems that will have to be effected.

When the apartheid government was dissolved in South Africa, they setup their Truth and Reconciliation Committee address the outstanding issues of racial discrimination which was the major problem. It was holistic and comprehensive and the results were clear to see. They hit the ground running and moved on to where they are today. The apartheid regime lasted for over half a century but the government never complained about "centuries of apartheid in south africa". They just addressed the problem, resolved it and charted a new course.

Nigeria's course might require some drastic steps but what must be done must be done. Over time, as the rebuilding project progresses, the success or otherwise vis-a-vis the original plan will be clear for all to see.

The plan can then be periodically reviewed or continued with depending on realities and outcomes.

If, after four years, there's no clear plan to rebuild the damage of the now clichéd "16 yrs of pdp", the greatest insult to the collective sensibilities of the committee of Nigerian technocrats would be to keep resounding the same chorus of a cliché as if, the PDP squeezed themselves in sometime after May 29, 2015 to wreak more havoc.

I think the easiest reason why the ApC has failed so woefully is, amongst other reasons, the now infamous party is heavily populated with the same PDP folks. A case of the proverbial old wine in new wineskin.

So once again, support the young vibrant new force. I think they're all great guys with so much to offer but Sowore seems fearless and very matter-of-fact in his approach which is what Nigeria direly needs right now.

SillyMods:

Are you in "cyfia pain" because of the inglorious 16 years?

Should we pretend those wasted years never existed?

2 Likes

Re: The Only Abandoned Project That Buhari Will Not Complete - Tolu Ogunlesi by brtaiwo(m): 10:51am On Feb 13, 2019
Alexis11:
PDP is a fraud.

That's a person that enjoys corruption.

Look at a real life scenario instead of the foolish analysis of the few.

A person in 2015 earns 30000 and spends N5000 on transport and N15000 on feeding because fuel price was 87. Today the same person spends N10000 on transport and N25000 on feeding because the fuel price is now #145 and it has affected the price of everything.

This government reduced the spending power of Nigerians by claiming that they removed subsidies. While in reality they increased fuel price and paid more in subsidies than Jonathan did.

Who is fooling who.

#OurMumuDonDo

1 Like

Re: The Only Abandoned Project That Buhari Will Not Complete - Tolu Ogunlesi by calberian: 10:52am On Feb 13, 2019
zada:
ooooh... u just need shut the hell up. We should not visit the genesis of our problems abi. In fact they PDP need to be exposed in all ramifications. Good riddance to bad habit.

I appreciate your passion but, please hear me out here:

A serious government, upon asuming office and making a comprehensive assesment of the situation on ground would have come out to outline the problems and what solutions the experts that they have consulted on the problems that will have to be effected.

When the apartheid government was dissolved in South Africa, they setup their Truth and Reconciliation Committee address the outstanding issues of racial discrimination which was the major problem. It was holistic and comprehensive and the results were clear to see. They hit the ground running and moved on to where they are today. The apartheid regime lasted for over half a century but the government never complained about "centuries of apartheid in south africa". They just addressed the problem, resolved it and charted a new course.

Nigeria's course might require some drastic steps but what must be done must be done. Over time, as the rebuilding project progresses, the success or otherwise vis-a-vis the original plan will be clear for all to see.

The plan can then be periodically reviewed or continued with depending on realities and outcomes.

If, after four years, there's no clear plan to rebuild the damage of the now clichéd "16 yrs of pdp", the greatest insult to the collective sensibilities of the committee of Nigerian technocrats would be to keep resounding the same chorus of a cliché as if, the PDP squeezed themselves in sometime after May 29, 2015 to wreak more havoc.

I think the easiest reason why the ApC has failed so woefully is, amongst other reasons, the now infamous party is heavily populated with the same PDP folks. A case of the proverbial old wine in new wineskin.

So once again, support the young vibrant new force. I think they're all great guys with so much to offer but Sowore seems fearless and very matter-of-fact in his approach which is what Nigeria direly needs right now.
Re: The Only Abandoned Project That Buhari Will Not Complete - Tolu Ogunlesi by Alexis11: 11:19am On Feb 13, 2019
brtaiwo:

[s]That's a person that enjoys corruption.

A person in 2015 earns 30000 and spends N5000 on transport and N15000 on feeding because fuel price was 87. Today the same person spends N10000 on transport and N25000 on feeding because the fuel price is now #145 and it has affected the price of everything.

This government reduced the spending power of Nigerians by claiming that they removed subsidies. While in reality they increased fuel price and paid more in subsidies than Jonathan did.

Who is fooling who.

#OurMumuDonDo[/s]

Your mumu never do. Na now you just dey start.
Re: The Only Abandoned Project That Buhari Will Not Complete - Tolu Ogunlesi by kaypling(m): 11:26am On Feb 13, 2019
Alexis11:
PDP is a fraud.

GBAM!!!!
Re: The Only Abandoned Project That Buhari Will Not Complete - Tolu Ogunlesi by Ladipo10(m): 11:37am On Feb 13, 2019
God bless you.

That's a person that enjoys corruption.

Who is fooling who.

#OurMumuDonDo[/quote]
Re: The Only Abandoned Project That Buhari Will Not Complete - Tolu Ogunlesi by Elyonwings: 11:40am On Feb 13, 2019
You just hit the nail right on thr head. More of you on Nairaland. Truth is better. r=Alexis11 post=75679394]PDPnud.

Finally, the young man had to withdraw his kids from what he called expensive primary school his kids attend. He added:"what are they teaching them there sef " Obasanjo didn't go to a private school. I just laughed .[/quote]
Re: The Only Abandoned Project That Buhari Will Not Complete - Tolu Ogunlesi by Modphase: 11:55am On Feb 13, 2019
Does that justify why PDP remain eternal failure at everything ?
three:

But Tolu PDP stole so much money, PDP chairmen Audu Ogbeh, Muazu and Sheriff have a lot to answer for...!

Oh I forgot l, they are in APC now!

grin grin grin

Is APC the reason why PDP can not accomplish a single building in over 16 years yet they have raised n redeemed trillions in naira over same. You have to be a very shameless human 4 this argument
omega2128:
APC ought to have better campaign point not this PDP this PDP that.
APC promised and failed big time. APC promised change but Nigeria changed for worse.
Integrity of Buhari is not sellable again.
Re: The Only Abandoned Project That Buhari Will Not Complete - Tolu Ogunlesi by adm212144: 11:59am On Feb 13, 2019
Alexis11:
PDP is a fraud.

brotherless Tolu. Jonathan created TSA and BVN. it shows you don't know anything about governance. There's only shift to buhari beneficiary. They are the one spending money lavishly now. You don't get it must I die of hunger, bad health problems. Worst policies that's kills economy. Business are folding up under him. You are enemy of people for writing the stories. You hate Nigerians thinking this way
Re: The Only Abandoned Project That Buhari Will Not Complete - Tolu Ogunlesi by Abdul4trust1(m): 12:20pm On Feb 13, 2019
calberian:
Weldone o.

Y'all can't focus on paying better wages. Or equipping university labs. Or growing power generation. Or improving municipal water supply. Or improving roads. Or improving security. Or organising credible elections. Or even organising credible, peaceful political campaigns.

You'd rather focus on "16 yrs of pdp". (now I think of it, y'all can change your slogan from next level to "16 yrs of pdp" since it has become a constant theme in all of your speeches and comments.

I mean, just imagine Solskjaer pointing to Mou's time at Man U if anything goes wrong instead of admitting wrong and making up for it immediately.

If you can, kindly support one of the vibrant, patriotic and intellectually endowed candidates like Sowore. They're full of green viable ideas and not these "16 yrs of the fee dee fee" senile folks who can't wait for February 17th to goan recuperate in hospitals abroad.

Anyways, una weldone o.
the two scenarios are not the same. PDP messed up accept that fact. a whole 16 years wasted.
Re: The Only Abandoned Project That Buhari Will Not Complete - Tolu Ogunlesi by mechanics(m): 12:48pm On Feb 13, 2019
Imagine o, they thought they will rule for life just as their DSP is thinking.
Re: The Only Abandoned Project That Buhari Will Not Complete - Tolu Ogunlesi by BigIyanga: 12:52pm On Feb 13, 2019
But El Rufai, Shehu Garba, Udoma, Audu Ogbe, Ngige, Masari, Amechi, Kalu, Akpabio..etal all came from PDP
Re: The Only Abandoned Project That Buhari Will Not Complete - Tolu Ogunlesi by Friend01(m): 4:33pm On Feb 13, 2019
johnaruson:
No be fight my man: remember that your destiny was used by Amaechi to build the white elephant mono rail.
So, you mean your destiny will was used to build your head that is thinking like that of an incurable slowpoke.
Re: The Only Abandoned Project That Buhari Will Not Complete - Tolu Ogunlesi by skipo01: 6:49pm On Feb 13, 2019
Alexis11:
PDP is a fraud.

Sir, if Only average Nigeria can understand this it will have been better. The best comment I read on nairaland today

1 Like

Re: The Only Abandoned Project That Buhari Will Not Complete - Tolu Ogunlesi by Drealthing(m): 6:57am On Feb 14, 2019
Wow. This man spoke my heart. I love you already.

datola:
APC is bad but PDP is worse and should not be rewarded for being that waistful for 16 years of their maladministration.

Aside glaring nepotism and security issues in the Middle Belt, Buhari within 3 years 100% outperformed PDP 16 years reign.

Voting for another Fulani man, Atiku to start 8 years all over again is foolishness.

Atiku campaigned he would favour his friends and sell NNPC to them- a continuation of his unfinished task when he was head of privatisation during stealing is not corrosion era.

1 Like

Re: The Only Abandoned Project That Buhari Will Not Complete - Tolu Ogunlesi by lexy2014: 8:51pm On Feb 20, 2019
myboy2111:
Next Level.
But 2 members of APC were once chairmen of PDP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fuel Price: Again, FG Rejects Govs’ N380/Litre Proposal / Philip Shaibu Wins Edo PDP Parallel Governorship Primaries / Buhari Likely To Dissolve Cabinet Before May 29 - Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.