Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,991 members, 7,821,455 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

PDP Sues INEC For Insisting On Card Reader - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Sues INEC For Insisting On Card Reader (22958 Views)

Policeman Shoots Resident For Insisting APC Will Win Plateau Guber Poll / PDP Sues INEC, APC, LP, Seeks Tinubu, Obi’s Disqualification / PDP Sues Rep Vincent Ofumelu, Withdraws Provisional Clearance Certificate (Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Sues INEC For Insisting On Card Reader by chinedumoooo: 11:17pm On Feb 13, 2019
Desperate and confused party, continue to sue until the election will be over.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Sues INEC For Insisting On Card Reader by mfm04622: 11:20pm On Feb 13, 2019
nameo:
What the article is saying and the OP interpretation as well as the title are not the same.

This is just silly propaganda. And the OP has still not gotten it: APC kinda propaganda no longer works.

PDP is asking the court to prevent INEC from postponing elections where INEC itself cannot guarantee a card reader as will likely be the case in Anambra. . And they are very correct. Imagine Anambra been postponed cos some persons went to deliberately burn card readers needed for the election.

PDP is saying no to Osun type rigging.

I agree with them

Which is a better option? Postponing elections where there is no card reader or allowing manual voting that will allow rigging! Which is a better option in your opinion?

3 Likes

Re: PDP Sues INEC For Insisting On Card Reader by kaeycea(m): 11:20pm On Feb 13, 2019
MrAJQ:
They have bought thousands of PVC prepared to rig the election, this will not work. The use of PVC most be strictly followed.
I registered by May last year and I've been going to INEC office in my local govt to pick up my PVC without success. They keep telling me our batch is yet to arrive from Abuja.
The story has remained the same until the last day of PVC collection.
Now I'm expected not to exercise my franchise due to someone else inefficiency. INEC has decided to disenfranchise some voters in other to give undue advantage to rival politicians.
This political gerrymandering on the part of INEC is shameful to say the least.
I pray the court grant PDP application so that anyone whose name is on register can vote
Re: PDP Sues INEC For Insisting On Card Reader by ameh99: 11:22pm On Feb 13, 2019
I can’t wait for this election to come and be going.

Dis pipu sef, what exactly do they want

1 Like

Re: PDP Sues INEC For Insisting On Card Reader by mechanics(m): 11:33pm On Feb 13, 2019
why are they afraid of card reader?

4 Likes

Re: PDP Sues INEC For Insisting On Card Reader by 912(m): 11:37pm On Feb 13, 2019
donphiilopus:

Get up to a million in Delta? Seems you don't know how they're canvassing for Buhari in Delta because they believe Ogboru stands a chance only when Buhari wins his election. Did you believe Magnus Abe could win that rerun election then? That's what would happen there come Saturday. Results are gonna be written there as usual. As for Anambra, there's no way a candidate can get up to a million vote there.

Permit me to say, you know your politics sir!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Sues INEC For Insisting On Card Reader by rusher14: 11:38pm On Feb 13, 2019
That's why Sowunmi said the numbers don't add up.

They also went into burning of INEC offices.

Shame.
lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: PDP Sues INEC For Insisting On Card Reader by rusher14: 11:41pm On Feb 13, 2019
kaeycea:

I registered by May last year and I've been going to INEC office in my local govt to pick up my PVC without success. They keep telling me our batch is yet to arrive from Abuja.
The story has remained the same until the last day of PVC collection.
Now I'm expected not to exercise my franchise due to someone else inefficiency. INEC has decided to disenfranchise some voters in other to give undue advantage to rival politicians.
This political gerrymandering on the part of INEC is shameful to say the least.
I pray the court grant PDP application so that anyone whose name is on register can vote

I'm not sure you have any voter's card.

I remember when Kanu told you to boycott elections earlier and you obliged.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Sues INEC For Insisting On Card Reader by ebuks4ever(m): 11:43pm On Feb 13, 2019
Wrong title.
Re: PDP Sues INEC For Insisting On Card Reader by martineverest(m): 11:43pm On Feb 13, 2019
DeOTR:
It's a pity many people don't read. SMH sad
after reading Ur comment,I just went back to read the post.onlybto realise that the headline is totally different from the content..smh at nairaland moderators

1 Like

Re: PDP Sues INEC For Insisting On Card Reader by Poanan: 12:37am On Feb 14, 2019
rottennaija:
Oh I see. Smart move by pdp.
Try to get court injunction barring inec from the use of card reader just very close to the Election. So that there is no time for the court or INEC to consider the case. But the injunction has already been secured.

No doubt, this may be one of the things referred to on the 5th Feb letter to Dr. Saraki (see below). Dubai strategy I deeded.

PDP said so cos oof the inec offices apc burnt in various states
Re: PDP Sues INEC For Insisting On Card Reader by dante0147: 1:58am On Feb 14, 2019
nameo:
What the article is saying and the OP interpretation as well as the title are not the same.

This is just silly propaganda. And the OP has still not gotten it: APC kinda propaganda no longer works.

PDP is asking the court to prevent INEC from postponing elections where INEC itself cannot guarantee a card reader as will likely be the case in Anambra. . And they are very correct. Imagine Anambra been postponed cos some persons went to deliberately burn card readers needed for the election.

I agree with them

Nice one
Re: PDP Sues INEC For Insisting On Card Reader by sweetgala(m): 2:19am On Feb 14, 2019
nameo:

I agree with them

Can you answer what would happen if the card reader malfunctions and the election can not be halted. They would conduct manual accreditation which has been proven to be an avenue for election rigging.

Therefore it can be argued that PDP are not supporting a system that would yield credible elections.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Sues INEC For Insisting On Card Reader by sweetgala(m): 2:22am On Feb 14, 2019
senatordave1:

They have found out that card reader will not allow massive inflation in the east.i still think they will get up to a million in delta,rivers and anambra while buhari will get close to 500k

From what I've seen almost all the governors from the east are supporting Buhari even the ones in PDP. And the ones who have not openly declared for Buhari have not been very vocal for PDP.

And we know the treatment they have been giving Peter Obi.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Sues INEC For Insisting On Card Reader by KuwaiitiDinar: 2:51am On Feb 14, 2019
When I tell people that card reader was excluded in the INEC bill that Buhari rejected they were shouting at me... I trust Buhari,,, he does what he think is right and if you don’t like it ,...;Ghana is not far

7 Likes

Re: PDP Sues INEC For Insisting On Card Reader by OVIHINNO(m): 4:31am On Feb 14, 2019
No one is going to denied his or her right to vote, as a matter of fact they are ensuring that rvery single vote count instead of the usual ballot box stuff quote author=TonyeBarcanista post=75697341]PDP Prayer: Nobody should be denied chance to vote on the basis that the Smart Card Reader can't read his PVC as long as his name is on the voter's register...

How does that translate to stopping use of Card reader? Should people be disenfranchised because of some technological lapses?[/quote]
Re: PDP Sues INEC For Insisting On Card Reader by touchplay(m): 5:27am On Feb 14, 2019
apc want to use osun formation on Saturday...no,no,no. we aint taking daa shit.
Re: PDP Sues INEC For Insisting On Card Reader by kaeycea(m): 5:55am On Feb 14, 2019
rusher14:

I'm not sure you have any voter's card.

I remember when Kanu told you to boycott elections earlier and you obliged.
Even after I've said I REGISTERED since May last year with my temporary voters card, and have tried without success since then to pick my PVC , a useless Nematode like you is quoting me to write thrash. You're a complete fool. Why quoting me when you're not sure of what you're saying. I wouldn't dignify a millipede like you with a reply again ode
Re: PDP Sues INEC For Insisting On Card Reader by MASTERMIND04(m): 6:48am On Feb 14, 2019
46O1CE:
Pdpigz will lose in this world.
They’ll be hearing in heaven
I'm telling u.
Some people will find it difficult to eat for days.
The Cameroonian must go back to where he came from grin
Re: PDP Sues INEC For Insisting On Card Reader by verifiablefacts: 6:48am On Feb 14, 2019
Clerverly:
grin grin grin grin No More 1.8 Million Votes From Rivers. grin

Yeye Party!.

No wonder they are burning PVC and Card Readers across the states!

PDP will be dealt with seriously on Saturday..
we now know those burning INEC offices upandan.
Re: PDP Sues INEC For Insisting On Card Reader by sonature1: 7:23am On Feb 14, 2019
TIGRITIS:
So card reader that is already part of the electoral process should be cancelled because of your rigging plan? This thief must be mistaking Nigerians for his inherited online pigs.

Lay all foolish foundation to discredit the decision of Nigerians as much as you can, you Cameroonian thief and your inherited pigs will not go close to aso rock.

For Nigerian law, the card reader is illegal...thanks to Buhari
Re: PDP Sues INEC For Insisting On Card Reader by patfemy06: 7:54am On Feb 14, 2019
PDP.....

Re: PDP Sues INEC For Insisting On Card Reader by gtown: 8:31am On Feb 14, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:
PDP Prayer: Nobody should be denied chance to vote on the basis that the Smart Card Reader can't read his PVC as long as his name is on the voter's register...

How does that translate to stopping use of Card reader? Should people be disenfranchised because of some technological lapses?
was it the same PDP that cried woof few weeks ago when the President withheld assent to election bill amendment which proposed for card reader with no provision for incidence forms?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Umahi Fines APC N5m For Indiscriminate Campaign Posters / CCB Declares Saraki Has No Case To Answer / Rotimi Amaechi Tells PDP Not To Challenge Election Results In Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.