Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,438 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

PDP Sues INEC For Insisting On Card Reader - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Sues INEC For Insisting On Card Reader (22954 Views)

Policeman Shoots Resident For Insisting APC Will Win Plateau Guber Poll / PDP Sues INEC, APC, LP, Seeks Tinubu, Obi’s Disqualification / PDP Sues Rep Vincent Ofumelu, Withdraws Provisional Clearance Certificate (Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Sues INEC For Insisting On Card Reader by olat70(m): 8:45am On Feb 14, 2019
PDP fear of card reader is the beginning of wisdom--the card reader ended their regime and so they are afraid,We should not be surprised when PDP keeps on saying Rigging,that is the only language they understand from 1999 to 2001

1 Like

Re: PDP Sues INEC For Insisting On Card Reader by servercodes001: 8:47am On Feb 14, 2019
nameo:
What the article is saying and the OP interpretation as well as the title are not the same.

This is just silly propaganda. And the OP has still not gotten it: APC kinda propaganda no longer works.

PDP is asking the court to prevent INEC from postponing elections where INEC itself cannot guarantee a card reader as will likely be the case in Anambra. . And they are very correct. Imagine Anambra been postponed cos some persons went to deliberately burn card readers needed for the election.

PDP is saying no to Osun type rigging.

I agree with them

In a suit filed before the federal high court in Abuja, the party asked the court to restrict INEC from postponing elections in any polling unit as a result of a malfunctioning card reader.

INEC had said elections in the case where a smart card reader malfunctions, voting will be suspended till a new card reader arrives, or postponed till the next day if a replacement is not available by 2pm.

You can't spare 2minutes to understand something before embarrassing yourself
Mtschww
You showed how dull Igbos are
Re: PDP Sues INEC For Insisting On Card Reader by MrAJQ(m): 9:39am On Feb 14, 2019
kaeycea:

I registered by May last year and I've been going to INEC office in my local govt to pick up my PVC without success. They keep telling me our batch is yet to arrive from Abuja.
The story has remained the same until the last day of PVC collection.
Now I'm expected not to exercise my franchise due to someone else inefficiency. INEC has decided to disenfranchise some voters in other to give undue advantage to rival politicians.
This political gerrymandering on the part of INEC is shameful to say the least.
I pray the court grant PDP application so that anyone whose name is on register can vote

Are you confused? Why are you contradicting yourself? INEC has printed all PVCs but some desperate politicians went ahead with some compromised INEC officials to buy these PVCs like yours so that someone else can use it and vote for their party alone.

INEC on noticing this said that only people who card reader authenticate their thumbprint will be eligible to vote, this means that one person one vote is that what you wished for?
Re: PDP Sues INEC For Insisting On Card Reader by NoBetterNigeria: 9:45am On Feb 14, 2019
Naija youth, please always read and comprehend. PDP said if the card reader didn't work let them vote as long they've PVC and their names are on INEC sheet and not postpone. They're not going against card reader bros. SMH

TIGRITIS:
[b]So card reader that is already part of the electoral process should be cancelled because of your rigging plan? [b]This thief must be mistaking Nigerians for his inherited online pigs.

Lay all foolish foundation to discredit the decision of Nigerians as much as you can, you Cameroonian thief and your inherited pigs will not go close to aso rock.
Re: PDP Sues INEC For Insisting On Card Reader by kaeycea(m): 10:28am On Feb 14, 2019
MrAJQ:

Are you confused? Why are you contradicting yourself? INEC has printed all PVCs but some desperate politicians went ahead with some compromised INEC officials to buy these PVCs like yours so that someone else can use it and vote for their party alone.

INEC on noticing this said that only people who card reader authenticate their thumbprint will be eligible to vote, this means that one person one vote is that what you wished for?
Is it the responsibility of the voter to stop INEC officials from being compromised.
How is it my fault that INEC official is compromised, therefore i don't have right to my constitutional responsibility.
Is it not a huge disaster that INEC does not have self regulatory mechanism to forestall this shame from occurring.
Stop sounding as if it's my duty to prevent politicians from compromising INEC officials
Re: PDP Sues INEC For Insisting On Card Reader by duwdu: 11:19am On Feb 14, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:
Semantics is very important in this case. PDP isn't against card reader that the party introduced but only saying nobody should be disenfranchised

Why do you guys weave lies around half truths? Who told you the PDP introduced the Card Reader? Prof. Jega's INEC introduced the CR - a move the PDP government fought terribly hard against and almost derailed. Thanks to the tenacity of Prof. Jega with his Team that the use of the CR ecosystem survived that onslaught of the PDP, till this day.

And just in case you've missed my relevant analysis elsewhere; the Card Reader ecosystem is expected to be even more potent against all sorts of rigging mechanisms this time around. So watch out for relatively fewer number of valid votes from especially the creeks.

P34c3

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Troops Recover Eight More Towns In Yobe, Adamawa. Pictures. / President Buhari Attends Nigerian’s 58th Independence / Deliver 95% Of Votes To Me, Not Atiku Nor Obi — Tinubu Tells Ekiti People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.