Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,827 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

What Will U Do If U Work With A Company For 2 Weeks And You Got Another Offer - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Will U Do If U Work With A Company For 2 Weeks And You Got Another Offer (1263 Views)

Previous Company Sued Me To Court After I Got Another Job With A Company. / Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? / Share Your Experience On How You Got A Politician To Help You Get A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will U Do If U Work With A Company For 2 Weeks And You Got Another Offer by oloyemeji: 3:53pm On Feb 13, 2019
You work in a company for two weeks and you got another offer to resume immediately in another company what will you do will you forfeit the
salary and leave without notice or what is the best thing to do?Thanks for your kind response

1 Like

Re: What Will U Do If U Work With A Company For 2 Weeks And You Got Another Offer by NOTGOINGDOWN(m): 6:48pm On Feb 13, 2019
They will pay you for the two weeks but will be half payment at the end of the month. Request for your right if they don't show sign of paying you
Re: What Will U Do If U Work With A Company For 2 Weeks And You Got Another Offer by oloyemeji: 7:16pm On Feb 13, 2019
NOTGOINGDOWN:
They will pay you for the two weeks but will be half payment at the end of the month. Request for your right if they don't show sign of paying you
thanks I will do that.
Re: What Will U Do If U Work With A Company For 2 Weeks And You Got Another Offer by WhiteLavender(f): 7:22pm On Feb 13, 2019
NOTGOINGDOWN:
Did you miss where he said to resume 'immediately'?
@ poster, read your contract of employment and you'll find your answer there. You don't just get up and leave a company and expect to be paid for disrupting their plans. Every action has consequences.

6 Likes

Re: What Will U Do If U Work With A Company For 2 Weeks And You Got Another Offer by comtem2011: 7:49pm On Feb 13, 2019
WhiteLavender:

@ poster, read your contract of employment and you'll find your answer there. You don't just get up and leave a company and expect to be paid for disrupting their plans. Every action has consequences.
yes, it's mostly written in an appointment letter that you give a month notice before leaving and if you are leaving immediately, you are to forfeit one month salary.

So read ur appointment letter to see the terms and conditions there

Good luck

Cc: oloyemeji

2 Likes

Re: What Will U Do If U Work With A Company For 2 Weeks And You Got Another Offer by oloyemeji: 9:04pm On Feb 13, 2019
comtem2011:
yes, it's mostly written in an appointment letter that you give a month notice before leaving and if you are leaving immediately, you are to forfeit one month salary.

So read ur appointment letter to see the terms and conditions there

Good luck

Cc: oloyemeji
not stated on the appointment letter that I should give one month notice.
Re: What Will U Do If U Work With A Company For 2 Weeks And You Got Another Offer by WhiteLavender(f): 10:24pm On Feb 13, 2019
oloyemeji:
Then read whatever is there and follow it, mine's not up to a month, some are more than a month, all companies vary and also depends on your level in the firm.
Anything outside the contract does not concern you, so read it and act.
I'm out.

1 Like

Re: What Will U Do If U Work With A Company For 2 Weeks And You Got Another Offer by yemi15(m): 12:46am On Feb 14, 2019
oloyemeji:
You work in a company for two weeks and you got another offer to resume immediately in another company what will you do will you forfeit the
salary and leave without notice or what is the best thing to do?Thanks for your kind response

You tell the other company you have somewhere you are working already and would join them the next month after the current one you are working in. They will understand, they are human beings and will wait for you. Chikena.
Re: What Will U Do If U Work With A Company For 2 Weeks And You Got Another Offer by comtem2011: 10:19am On Feb 14, 2019
oloyemeji:
That means you can leave and ask for your entitlement. Good luck.
Re: What Will U Do If U Work With A Company For 2 Weeks And You Got Another Offer by oloyemeji: 1:43pm On Feb 14, 2019
Thank you everyone i really appreciate your kind suggestion.
Re: What Will U Do If U Work With A Company For 2 Weeks And You Got Another Offer by NOTGOINGDOWN(m): 9:58am On Feb 15, 2019
WhiteLavender:

Thanks for drawing my attention to that. The reason I said that is because most company hire an entry level employee on probation. But as others have said, his contract letter is his best guide.
Re: What Will U Do If U Work With A Company For 2 Weeks And You Got Another Offer by NOTGOINGDOWN(m): 9:58am On Feb 15, 2019
WhiteLavender:

Thanks for drawing my attention to that. The reason I said that is because most company hire an entry level employee on probation. But as others have said, his contract letter is his best guide.

(1) (Reply)

VACANCY : ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER (full Time) / Graduate Assistant Job Recruitment At British Council Of Nigeria / How To CRUSH It On UPWORK In 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.