Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,841 members, 7,820,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? (11667 Views)

Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J / Previous Company Sued Me To Court After I Got Another Job With A Company. / Should I Quit My Job And Continue With Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by horlanrewaju11(m): 11:04pm On Sep 10, 2021
I guys please I need your advice on this.

I'm 25 years old and I'm working at NNPC depot as a security officer for the almost 3 years now, but ever since we've been doing this job the company have always been owing us at least two months, Now is now getting to the stage that I can't hold it anymore because the company is owing us almost Eight (cool months now, I can't stop thinking even if I don't want to and it's hurting me, though I'm not married yet nor girlfriend but I'm the one taking responsibility of my sick mother, my two sisters and brother.

The company is paying #40,000 for salary, I'm owing more than 100k from bank and many apps like that.

Now the company promise to clear all the outstanding debt at the end of this month but before then only God knows what can happen.

I've been thinking about it and I don't know what to do, Should I quit the job?

Please share your thoughts.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by Nebes: 11:10pm On Sep 10, 2021
Some doors will never open till you step away from what you already know.
I personally love knowing what’s next and what lies beyond the veil. If I were you, I’ll bang shut the door of the unfulfilling job and leap into the unknown.

N:B— DO NOT leap like me till you are sure that Christ is there to uphold you.

93 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by Samueltemi337(m): 11:11pm On Sep 10, 2021
Set the company on fire

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by MzCherry(f): 11:41pm On Sep 10, 2021
Wait till month end and if they don't pay japa, go and learn a skill

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by Nobody: 12:12am On Sep 11, 2021
This is one of the reasons why I dislike a security Job.They will owe their personnel 3months salaries,but pay one month.They will not pay at the subsequent months.If the personnel challenge them he will be sack without his arrears being paid.
Just be patient until the end of the month.If they don't pay, you should seize whatever you can find until they pay you.
Their ogas will be driving Lexus jeeps and inviting oloshos to a hotel for sex.Meanwhile,their staff are being owe several months of salaries.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by thesicilian: 12:40am On Sep 11, 2021
Find a good side hustle that you can start with very low income then start working on it before you can comfortably quit.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by adaleng(f): 12:06pm On Sep 11, 2021
i cant tolerate such o. once they pay , quit the job. Manage yourself till you get another or if you have anything you can be doing on the side. the employer is very wicked. how can someone comfortably owe 8months salary and expect productivity.

11 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by walozanga(m): 2:33pm On Sep 13, 2021
See question

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by MizzAJ: 2:33pm On Sep 13, 2021
Na wa
This country is something else
How can employers owe salaries for months
This is disheartening
Hold on and collect your salary at the end of the month
Then leave

4 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by dangoteinlaw: 2:34pm On Sep 13, 2021
The reason some ppl around you have refused to help you or any other help didn't come your way is because everyone thinks you are doing well. That's where youths get it wrong, whenever i hear a youngster use sentence like "make e no be like say i dey stay house" I already know that one go surfer long.

They are doing it on purpose to tie you down, my advice; if u have little savings with you quit and find something else like learning a job or similar.
I know alot of ppl who took that bold step and today most are very happy and have elevated in life. Salary is for ppl with less thinking faculty who can't think for themselves. The boss thinks for u in exchange for removing your vital funds and leaves u with the crumbs.
You better help urself now, once u cross 30 a year will pass on within 3months and before u know it u are 40 with nothing to show.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by Sonnobax15(m): 2:34pm On Sep 13, 2021
cheesy
Op, please bear and manage where you dey for now, because the street ain't funny one bit......Don't just quit your job without an alternative.......So long they've promised to clear all the outstanding debts by the end of this month,just bear but that shouldn't stop you from searching for other job cha...

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by Omicron007: 2:35pm On Sep 13, 2021
shocked

Why are these security outfits notorious for owing their workers salaries?

Pentagon and De-Falcon in Port Harcourt owe their staffs up to eight months straight.
Meanwhile, their supervisors and bosses are busy banging oloshos in different hotels and driving classy cars.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by temitope27(m): 2:35pm On Sep 13, 2021
Samueltemi337:
Set the company on fire
he no fit, but if he fit Sha, I like ur advice grin

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by Semikolo: 2:35pm On Sep 13, 2021
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by Ancecoker(m): 2:35pm On Sep 13, 2021
[img][/img]

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by matinos28(m): 2:35pm On Sep 13, 2021
Any job that owes salary is a no for me.

6 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by Ancecoker(m): 2:35pm On Sep 13, 2021
smiles

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by Bornsinner7: 2:36pm On Sep 13, 2021
Ok

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by Think9ja(m): 2:37pm On Sep 13, 2021
Yea, sure

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by Marvyx(m): 2:37pm On Sep 13, 2021
The rich rules over the poor, and the borrower is slave of the lender. Hmmmm.. angry

4 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by Romanoff(f): 2:37pm On Sep 13, 2021
Don't try it bro.

If you quit and don't get another one immediately, staying at home could lead to depression.

Just wait till the salary is cleared, once it is cleared, pay your debt and start a business. POS business doesn't require so much capital.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by lifeandjoy: 2:37pm On Sep 13, 2021
Wait till month end to get substantial amount from them then leave..

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by adioolayi(m): 2:38pm On Sep 13, 2021
No..why you go quit when you no get another one

Try and be taking time out from that job to look for another.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by GIANTPLUSHUB: 2:38pm On Sep 13, 2021
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by babavik: 2:39pm On Sep 13, 2021
horlanrewaju11:
I guys please I need your advice on this.

I'm 25 years old and I'm working at NNPC depot as a security officer for the almost 3 years now, but ever since we've been doing this job the company have always been owing us at least two months, Now is now getting to the stage that I can't hold it anymore because the company is owing us almost Eight (cool months now, I can't stop thinking even if I don't want to and it's hurting me, though I'm not married yet nor girlfriend but I'm the one taking responsibility of my sick mother, my two sisters and brother.

The company is paying #40,000 for salary, I'm owing more than 100k from bank and many apps like that.

Now the company promise to clear all the outstanding debt at the end of this month but before then only God knows what can happen.

I've been thinking about it and I don't know what to do, Should I quit the job?

Please share your thoughts.
No bro please hang on just a little. They made a promise to pay I know you can't bank on it but please hang on.
If you should resign now and they pay as promised believe you me the company might not pay you or might pay you less that what they should have payed. This is Zoogeria and it's only a few human beings here.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by Teewhy2: 2:39pm On Sep 13, 2021
Are you directly employed by NNPC or by some of this security outfits.
if it is by those security outfits, plan yourself towards December to get something else to do.
security work takes someone's time. you can look for a way of learning one hand work.

Do you need to do a False Ceiling?
Looking for a ceiling without water map due to water leakage from roof?
Try to reduce your building load with the use of polystyrene material.
Polystyrene false ceiling got you covered.
Get to know more by clicking below.

https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene/21

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Are Some Of The Biggest Red Flags In An Interviewee? / Police Warn Youths Against Fake Recruitment / APPLY NOW: Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2023-2024 Application Portal Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.