Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,138 members, 7,818,430 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Sweet And Secret Valentine By Rose Chibimobim Akpabio (seductive And Exciting) - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Sweet And Secret Valentine By Rose Chibimobim Akpabio (seductive And Exciting) (18361 Views)

Touch Of Red (valentine) By Chine. (a Good Devil "Peom") / Valentine Day Special: The Dichotomy Of Valentine By Decency Promise Simeon / A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sweet And Secret Valentine By Rose Chibimobim Akpabio (seductive And Exciting) by skubido(m): 8:12pm On Apr 15, 2019
Tanks for the update
Re: Sweet And Secret Valentine By Rose Chibimobim Akpabio (seductive And Exciting) by moseph(f): 9:18pm On Apr 15, 2019
Story I love. Thanks for the update.
Re: Sweet And Secret Valentine By Rose Chibimobim Akpabio (seductive And Exciting) by Ann2012(f): 5:48am On Apr 16, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: Sweet And Secret Valentine By Rose Chibimobim Akpabio (seductive And Exciting) by Angelsss(f): 5:25pm On Apr 16, 2019
You're all welcome
Re: Sweet And Secret Valentine By Rose Chibimobim Akpabio (seductive And Exciting) by spiceybae(f): 8:36am On Apr 19, 2019
Rose its been 3days already...wen z d next update dropping
Re: Sweet And Secret Valentine By Rose Chibimobim Akpabio (seductive And Exciting) by Winnairaking100: 12:04am On Apr 20, 2019
I want to buy dis story pls just direct me on how to get it
Re: Sweet And Secret Valentine By Rose Chibimobim Akpabio (seductive And Exciting) by Angelsss(f): 12:35am On May 07, 2019
Maybe I was dreaming, or hallucinating, but I knew whose face I had seen. Nora’s grotesque face faded, and my mind was drowned in a sea of darkness. Unknown to me, I had been involved in a motor accident. And I had passed out. This would be my third day in the hospital.
A sharp and screeching sound resurrected my dying mind. Slowly, my lashes fluttered, and my eyes cracked open. At first, the sight of the bright light was blinding, but I adjusted immediately. I couldn’t see clearly. My vision was blurred. But I could tell that I wasn’t alone in the room.
The smell of the room was horrible. Okay, I hated drugs and the smell of it and this place reminded me of my “drugphobia.” I could also smell something else, antiseptic it was. My tummy rumbled. I felt nauseous. I was going to throw up any minute from now.
“She’s awake!” A heavy baritone drummed in my ears, and I was immediately aware of the male presence.
“No, it couldn’t be,” my lips shivered. I was confused. The voice was very familiar, and…
“You’re awake Ego, my baby is awake,” I felt a warm breath against my face. I still couldn’t see the face clearly. For some reason, my eyes found it difficult to take in the figure that loomed over me.
But I was certain of one thing; the man standing next to me in the room was Charles, my ex boyfriend. His presence made me very uncomfortable. What was he doing here? What was I doing here? The last thing that I could remember was running out of Yinka’s office. But why did I run? What happened before that?
So many questions flooded my mind. I needed answers right now! Where was Yinka? And where was my so called best friend?

“Baby, I thought I’d lost you. I am happy that the angels brought you back to life. You and I are meant to be forever.” Charles ran his fingers over my sweaty forehead, and I felt like punching him. But my strength would fail me if I tried. I felt weak. I felt numb from my waist to my legs. What exactly had happened to me?
I licked my lips and blinked my eyelids twice, still, I couldn’t see clearly. I didn’t want to say a word to my ex. Though I had forgiven him, there was no way we’ll go back. I couldn’t give him the chance to hurt me again. I still remembered what he had told me about Nora in Yinka’s office. He claimed that Nora had deceived him, but I didn’t believe one word. Charles was a proud and arrogant douchebag and he didn’t deserve a woman like me.
“Say something to me, Ego…” he sounded sad.
I clipped my lips together as I sensed the presence of another. The incoming figure was a tall man, and from what I could make out, he wore glasses.
“Oh, you two are already getting along.” The intruder flashed a smile.
Immediately, Charles jumped to his feet and was all smiles. From where I lay, I could tell that the man was the doctor.
“Good morning Ms. Ego,” He moved closer to my bed. This was the time to lay my complaint, and I couldn’t miss it.
“Good morning sir,” I flashed a shaky smile. I still didn’t understand how my vision could be blurry for more than five minutes.
“From the sound of your voice, I can tell that you are fine, but something is bothering you.” I was about telling him about my blurry vision, when he continued.
“You had a serious accident, but how you survived that spinal injury remains a miracle. We had to rush you to the Accident and Emergency Special word for a quick surgery. I am sure that you are feeling numb from your waist downwards, do not panic. The effect of the anesthesia would wear off under twelve hours. All you need to do is eat, rest and sleep. Also have a positive mind, because you are now perfectly fine.” The doctor explained.
I sighed with relief, knowing that I could walk, talk, breathe and live a normal life. But my vision still bothered me.
I was about to bring the topic up, when I heard the hissing of the door. A woman walked in, well, I knew she was a woman from the click of her heels. She was a nurse.
“Doctor,” she called the man in a sharp breath, one that scared me. It seemed that she had seen a ghost. Or perhaps, another patient was in critical condition.
“How can I help you Ms. Annie?”
The woman paused, then blurted out, “I just noticed some discrepancies in the patient’s report.” She flipped through some pages of the file she carried.
I held my breath. I had a bad feeling about this.
“What discrepancies?” The doctor swirled round and faced her.
“Someone has been administering a wrong dose of Alzidor to the patient. And we know the consequences of too much Alzidor in the blood stream.”
The doctor snapped at her, “My God! Haven’t you learned anything from all your stay in the hospital? What you’re doing is very unprofessional and you’ll receive a query. See me later in my office!”
Just as the doctor was about to walk out, I heard Charles murmuring, but I couldn’t make out the words. There was something about losing your eyesight, it heightened your sense of hearing. I had heard this before. And it was coming to pass.
I panicked! No, I can’t be blind. The thought of it, sent shivers down my spine and I started to feel my legs, even before the twelve hours elapsed.
“Excuse me?” The doctor stopped, it seemed he heard Charles clearly.
Remember, that Charles was also a medical doctor, though he would be practicing outside the country.
“Blindness,” Charles repeated loudly.
“You should learn how to keep your mouth shut!” The doctor snapped at him and rushed out of the room.
I was desperate. I had to say something. I couldn’t be left alone in this room. The vision of Nora’s wicked face flashed in my mind. Had I been dreaming, or had Nora really paid me a visit? Did she have anything to do with this?
“Charles?” I decided to keep our differences aside and talk to him. I had to know what was going on.
Charles rose to his feet, “Oh, so you can talk now? I have been in this room taking care of you for three days. I was so happy to see you wake, but you ignored me. Look, I know that I am not the best man out there, but I am better than a man like my cousin, Yinka. Yinka is a fraud. He is not who you think he is. Do not let him get into your head.”
I was disgusted that Charles would choose to talk about my personal life right then. My vision was blurred dammit!
“Don’t you think that this is the wrong timing for such a discussion? The nurse just made a shocking revelation about my treatment and you’re talking nonsense. If I should ever trust anyone in this life, it wouldn’t be you. You are a devil Charles!”
At this point, I was tired of having him around. He was useless to me. A man that had no conscience was less a man.
“Is that what you’re saying Ego?” Charles scowled.
Though my vision wasn’t clear, but I could trace the edges of the bed which I lay upon. Without his assistance, I straightened on the bed, and fixed my sharp eyes on him.
“Only a fool receives a dog back. If you think that spending three days with me at this hospital will gain you a green card back to my heart, you wasted your time. Take out your phone and call one of my relatives. I am sure that you remember my cousin, Nene. She lives in Lagos.” I barked the orders.
Charles didn’t move. He didn’t flinch. He was frozen.
It dawned on me that Charles hadn’t changed one bit. He was quick tempered, and he usually reacted with a dead and coldly silence.
“Charles? Did you hear me? I need you to call Nene!” I cried in a soft voice. But I was wasting my time.
I pulled in a deep breath, and decided to try my last lifeline. I had to play the victim part, I was sure this would work.
“I am not seeing very clearly. My vision is blurred.” I complained, hoping to win some sympathy.
What followed shocked and terrified me.
“It seems you’re already in love with my cousin, it’s pathetic. I wasted three days of my time, waiting for you to wake up. Did you even ask about him? He travelled to Malta. He doesn’t give a shit about you. But I did.
But darling, I don’t know…” he walked towards me and grabbed my hair gently.
“I don’t care about your eyes and what lies in wait for them. I don’t think I can spend the rest of my life with a blind woman. I am a doctor, and Alzidor blinds people swifter than cobra’s venom. You have a few hours, until your sight is completely gone.
There’s no point watching over someone like you.”
My lips jittered; I felt my hands go cold as I listened to his disdainful voice.
“Charles please help me,” I found myself doing what I hated most; begging an ass hole like him. But I had no choice. I had to beg.
Tears splashed on my cheeks. I don’t know what hurt me most. The fact that I was going to lose my sight or the fact that I had no one to take care of me right now; where was Yinka? Where was the love that he professed to me?

“Too late, you are already in love with him. I leave for London soon. I guess Yinka would no longer be interested in a blind woman.” Without hesitation, he breezed out of the room and shut the door quickly behind.
Slowly, pain engulfed me. Fear was in the air. I wasn’t alone. I was in a dark place.
“Somebody help me!” I screamed with everything in me, until the wave of blackness that I had experienced earlier covered me again.
My mind drifted far away. My body was weak. I had passed out again. It was going to be a long stay at the hospital.

2 Likes

Re: Sweet And Secret Valentine By Rose Chibimobim Akpabio (seductive And Exciting) by Angelsss(f): 12:37am On May 07, 2019
Hello guys! I have been in and out of the sick bed but God healed me. Be kind with your comments. I didn't abandon this story deliberately. Happy reading!

2 Likes

Re: Sweet And Secret Valentine By Rose Chibimobim Akpabio (seductive And Exciting) by nizzyiyro09(f): 12:54am On May 07, 2019
Welcome back our great writer,OMG ego is going blind
Re: Sweet And Secret Valentine By Rose Chibimobim Akpabio (seductive And Exciting) by Oswashi: 1:39am On May 07, 2019
Awwwwn.. Hope you're much better now.. Thanks very plenty for the update!
Re: Sweet And Secret Valentine By Rose Chibimobim Akpabio (seductive And Exciting) by Ann2012(f): 4:18am On May 07, 2019
Angelsss:
Hello guys! I have been in and out of the sick bed but God healed me. Be kind with your comments. I didn't abandon this story deliberately. Happy reading!

You're healed in Jesus name

Thanks for the update
Re: Sweet And Secret Valentine By Rose Chibimobim Akpabio (seductive And Exciting) by Pinkfeet: 11:26am On May 07, 2019
Angelsss:

Angelsss I just saw this story today and you have delete some of it , how do I get the full episode.
Re: Sweet And Secret Valentine By Rose Chibimobim Akpabio (seductive And Exciting) by izaray(f): 11:45am On May 07, 2019
Angelsss:
You're strong in Jesus name

Thanks for the update
Re: Sweet And Secret Valentine By Rose Chibimobim Akpabio (seductive And Exciting) by bossy512(f): 3:05pm On May 07, 2019
The Lord is your strength, thanks for the update, more grace
Re: Sweet And Secret Valentine By Rose Chibimobim Akpabio (seductive And Exciting) by PrudySara(f): 10:51am On May 08, 2019
God's divine and permanent healing, I pray. Thanks for the update though.
Angelsss:
Re: Sweet And Secret Valentine By Rose Chibimobim Akpabio (seductive And Exciting) by favch(f): 1:28am On May 10, 2019
so sorry honey pie, I bliv u r now better
pls come n finish up the story
Re: Sweet And Secret Valentine By Rose Chibimobim Akpabio (seductive And Exciting) by Angelsss(f): 2:37am On May 21, 2019

1 Like

Re: Sweet And Secret Valentine By Rose Chibimobim Akpabio (seductive And Exciting) by Angelsss(f): 2:43am On May 21, 2019
If you're interested in the story, find me on Facebook@Rose Akpabio

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sweet And Secret Valentine By Rose Chibimobim Akpabio (seductive And Exciting) by aprilwise(m): 7:00am On May 21, 2019
Nora is a devil in human form. Thanks
Re: Sweet And Secret Valentine By Rose Chibimobim Akpabio (seductive And Exciting) by chisiudeh: 7:45am On May 21, 2019
As u no wan die for hospital, u go die by bullet.
Re: Sweet And Secret Valentine By Rose Chibimobim Akpabio (seductive And Exciting) by Uniquechild(f): 10:13am On May 21, 2019
Nora you be deputy devil o
Re: Sweet And Secret Valentine By Rose Chibimobim Akpabio (seductive And Exciting) by izaray(f): 11:03am On May 21, 2019
Nora your own sef don too much
Re: Sweet And Secret Valentine By Rose Chibimobim Akpabio (seductive And Exciting) by skubido(m): 10:31am On May 23, 2019
Gbam
Re: Sweet And Secret Valentine By Rose Chibimobim Akpabio (seductive And Exciting) by Ann2012(f): 5:52pm On May 23, 2019
He he he
No be small thing oooo

Thanks for the update
Re: Sweet And Secret Valentine By Rose Chibimobim Akpabio (seductive And Exciting) by crossfm: 6:02pm On May 23, 2019
What a foolish act.you had such amount of money on you yet you chose to walk into the lions den.blindness is a small thing compare to what you are about to see.
Re: Sweet And Secret Valentine By Rose Chibimobim Akpabio (seductive And Exciting) by Angelsss(f): 2:54am On May 24, 2019

4 Likes

Re: Sweet And Secret Valentine By Rose Chibimobim Akpabio (seductive And Exciting) by Ann2012(f): 4:57am On May 24, 2019
Good riddance....

Thanks for the update ma'am
Re: Sweet And Secret Valentine By Rose Chibimobim Akpabio (seductive And Exciting) by izaray(f): 2:58pm On May 24, 2019
I'm glad Ego was able to defened herself, she would've been death by now
Re: Sweet And Secret Valentine By Rose Chibimobim Akpabio (seductive And Exciting) by sheila2016(f): 3:14pm On May 24, 2019
She deserves whatever she's facing now
Thanks for the update ma'am
Re: Sweet And Secret Valentine By Rose Chibimobim Akpabio (seductive And Exciting) by princessadeola(f): 9:08am On May 25, 2019
What a bad friend........ Weld one aunty Rose
Re: Sweet And Secret Valentine By Rose Chibimobim Akpabio (seductive And Exciting) by Angelsss(f): 1:22am On May 27, 2019
I said nothing in return. I crossed my hands against my chest and watched as the officer led her towards the van. Once I heard the tires screeching, I sank into the bed.
“Finally!” I yelled. I felt free. I felt safe. I was happy. I still couldn’t stay in Nora’s house. I needed to leave behind all the memories of pain and betrayal.
“The earlier, the better,” I rolled my eyes. Quickly, I jumped out of bed and continued the pack. Once I was finished, I grabbed my box and moved outside. This house held so many bitter memories with Nora; there was no way I could live inside of it.
A song welled up in me as I strolled towards the door, and I welcomed it. I began to hum, even as I stepped outside. The minute I inserted the key into the keyhole, I heard another car roar behind.
I pulled out the key and turned.
In that moment, our eyes met. Our hearts jolted with the thunder of desire and passion. I held my breath as I looked into his dark eyes. What was he doing standing by the car? Why had he come?
My palms were sweaty and my breathing increased. I became painfully self conscious. I wasn’t wearing any make-up. I had just stepped out of the hospital and my hair wasn’t in good shape, the clothes I wore as well. I was tattered and unattractive.
When he was tired of running his eyes on me, Yinka smiled and parted his arms.
“Aren’t you happy to see me? I came back to see you. I just couldn’t stay one more day in Luxembourg without my queen.”
His queen? Why was he calling me that?
My legs felt like jelly. I just couldn’t move. I was fixed to the spot.
“Fine. Since you have refused to hug me, I am leaving. Aurora told me where to find you. I trust that she took good care of you.” He opened the car door and was about stepping in.
“No!” I dropped my box and rushed towards Yinka.
He seemed startled, “No to what?”
I swallowed, “Thank you for showering me with care…um, Aurora took good care of me. She is such a nice person.” I couldn’t betray Aurora now.
“And you are such a terrible liar,” Yinka scoffed.
Blood tweaked my cheeks in embarrassment. I peeled my eyes from his’.
“Don’t be shy, I am kidding. I miss you, Ego.” He moved closer.
I was still shy and not so comfortable around him.
“I miss you too….I thought…” I bit my lip.
“You thought what darling?” He asked in a gentle voice.
“I thought you’d dumped at the hospital until Aurora explained everything.”
He scoffed, “I guess you still don’t understand me.” He cupped my face gently in his palms.
I could feel his breath on my skin, warm and sweet. This was the closest I’d ever come to Yinka. I couldn’t pull away from the well of his dark eyes.
“I am not like other men. I don’t know the kind of men you’ve come across and what they told you or did to you. You need to get over that. You need to rewrite your expectations of people. I have always treated the people that I love with great care and attention. I loved you from the first day that I set my eyes on you. You may not believe it, but it is true.”
His eyes searched mine. I don’t know what he was looking for.
“Yinka…”I bit my lip. I felt the same way about him but I was still scared.
“It’s okay if you don’t feel the same way about me. I am willing to wait.” He released my face.
My heart missed a beat. I cared about him. I desired him in a way that I had never desired any other man. He was simple. He understood me and he would always protect me.
“We are from different worlds,” I began. He was this super rich guy and I was just…I don’t know. What this worth it? Were we meant to be together? Was this blood rush I felt anytime I saw him, just a crush?
He swept my palms into his’.
“Is that the excuse you’re going to give me?”
I didn’t see it coming. But the kiss I was about to receive was long overdue.
“I am just scared.” I whispered.
“Don’t be. I will be the first man to show you the true meaning of faithfulness and love. It’s a promise. I am a man of honor. I will keep to my words.”
He pulled me into his arms and dropped his lips on mine. His wet and warm mouth covered my tender lips. I was lost in this passionate embrace. He was sealing his promise with this kiss. As our lips mated, as we embraced each other, I felt the truth in his promise.
I felt a sweet ache in my belly. I was overcome with desire. I couldn’t think clearly; my mind was cloudy. I wanted more…
I thought it would never end, but I was wrong. Yinka shocked me when he broke the kiss and I was left breathless and wanting.
“Did you like it?” He ran a tongue over his lips.
“No,” I grinned.
“Bad liar, let’s hang out.” He smiled.
Perfect timing, I would tell Yinka everything about Nora. I felt better now that she was gone. With the law on my side, she wouldn’t be an issue.
“So my darling, would you be my girlfriend?” Yinka pulled me back as I walked towards the car door.
I’d seen this coming, and I knew he would officially ask me out. I never knew it would take place coincidentally on the day that I almost got nabbed by my ex best friend.
“Nope, I don’t want to be your girlfriend.” I winked and rushed into the car.
Yinka moved to my side and began to tickle me.
“Say yes!” His fngers stroked my side violently and I began to laugh like one who was possessed.
How could I refuse this kind of man his request? How could I turn away his desires?
“Yes!” I screamed.
“Yes to what?” He tickled harder.
“Yes!” I guffawed.
“To what…?” He stopped the tickling and glared into my eyes.
“I love you and I want to be your girlfriend and your valentine.” I replied with tears in my eyes.
When I said this, Yinka’s face radiated joy. I could tell from his expression that he was truly in love with me. I was glad that I had finally met a man who was going to treasure me and treat me like his queen.
“I love you too and I want to be your boyfriend and your valentine.” His eyes glowed.
We said nothing to each other after this. Our eyes were fixed. It was the song of an Ice Cream truck that interrupted the sacred moment. Yinka dropped a kiss on my forehead and whispered.
“I will never break your heart.”
Time was going to tell, but I felt it within me. I felt that I had found my soul mate.
The end.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sweet And Secret Valentine By Rose Chibimobim Akpabio (seductive And Exciting) by Treasurewamiri(f): 6:14am On May 27, 2019
Beautiful! Thank you for finishing the story

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top 5 Books By Wole Soyinka: The Tale, The Story And A Must Read / CSS Bookshop House Lagos Is On Fire / Mysteries Of NoLand (Book 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.