Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,625 members, 7,955,292 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:42 PM

My Lagos To Abeokuta Free Train Ride Experience - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Lagos To Abeokuta Free Train Ride Experience (2545 Views)

Sallah: Osun Govt Cancels Free Train Ride From Lagos / Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria / Lagos-Ibadan Free Train Ride: After Low Patronage Passengers Besiege Iju Station (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Lagos To Abeokuta Free Train Ride Experience by joceey(m): 5:13am On Feb 14, 2019
MY LAGOS TO ABEOKUTA FREE TRAIN RIDE EXPERIENCE By Niyi Tabiti!
I was shocked yesterday when I got to Iju station, Lagos to take a ride in the new train our government launched to Abeokuta. Olasumbo Otagbo and I, anticipated a wonderful ride that will give us so much reportorial and photography material for our travelogue.
Few days earlier, the federal government launched the new train with a promise that Nigerians will get two months free ride to Abeokuta.
On getting to Iju station, there was no train. We only saw caterpillars working there. Aside fun, it would also be a fact finding mission on the seriousness of our government, their promises and reality on ground.
We went to the station office (The place reminded us of the colonial period). Two officials we saw there told us many people have also been that morning but they are sorry, they don’t have information on when the train will start.
They also told us they don’t even have the train schedule yet. One of them pointed to a phone number pasted on the wall. They told us to call later in the week for more information.
Ordinarily, information about the train take off time and so on should be on their website. Looking at each other with shock, Sumbo copied the number as we left…We later settled for public transport to Abeokuta...I met a 59 year old man in the car, who told me his life history- What he did in 1971,1972 and how his father bought their first television in 1975, his grandchildren, about his home town in Ijebu Igbo, about his grandchildren, politics of Remo and Ijebuland, Mike Adenuga and so on.
~ Niyi Tabiti is a Journalist.
Re: My Lagos To Abeokuta Free Train Ride Experience by mmb(m): 5:26am On Feb 14, 2019
You and the journalist are all wailers. nonsense

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Lagos To Abeokuta Free Train Ride Experience by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:31am On Feb 14, 2019
A picture speaks more than a thousand words.

We don't need to say more than this to wailers and Children of perdition!

It is only 2 days to go before the BEAUTIFUL day.
Have a lovely day Lovers of SAI BABA.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Lagos To Abeokuta Free Train Ride Experience by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:32am On Feb 14, 2019
t.b.c.......

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Lagos To Abeokuta Free Train Ride Experience by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:33am On Feb 14, 2019
mmb:
The journalist is the child of hate and perdition that we ALWAYS talk about.

You will see the online children of perdition swallowing this rubbish bews with so much vigour below!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Lagos To Abeokuta Free Train Ride Experience by joceey(m): 5:37am On Feb 14, 2019
mmb:

YOU ARE TO BLIND TO SEE THE TRUTH ,GO TO IJU
TRAIN STATION AND STOP WAILING

1 Like

Re: My Lagos To Abeokuta Free Train Ride Experience by nifemi25(m): 5:38am On Feb 14, 2019
Fake promise everywhere..... That is nigeria politics for you.
Re: My Lagos To Abeokuta Free Train Ride Experience by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:42am On Feb 14, 2019
joceey:

YOU ARE TO BLIND TO SEE THE TRUTH ,GO TO IJU
TRAIN STATION AND STOP WAILING
nifemi25:
Fake promise everywhere..... That is nigeria politics for you.
You can see them masturbating already!
We said so!

Only bad and negative news make them happy!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Lagos To Abeokuta Free Train Ride Experience by Nogodye(m): 5:55am On Feb 14, 2019
Children of hate want to critize our president again.
Re: My Lagos To Abeokuta Free Train Ride Experience by raumdeuter: 6:00am On Feb 14, 2019
Wailer will say maybe there was no train and no construction going on

Maybe Soyinka, Amaechi and co enter Danfo come say na train

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Lagos To Abeokuta Free Train Ride Experience by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:01am On Feb 14, 2019
Nogodye:
Children of hate want to critize our president again.
raumdeuter:
Wailer will say maybe there was no train and no construction going on

Maybe Soyinka, Amaechi and co enter Danfo come say na train
No mind wailer....
Sad news is their portion....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Lagos To Abeokuta Free Train Ride Experience by helinues: 6:02am On Feb 14, 2019
Which journalist only focused on negative news? Fake journalists
Re: My Lagos To Abeokuta Free Train Ride Experience by Cherez: 6:29am On Feb 14, 2019
I CAN CATEGORICALLY STATE WITH FACTS EVERYONE IS PRIVY TO THAT NIGERIA WILL HARDLY BE BETTER IF A MIRACLE DOES NOT HAPPEN.
Imagine a promise was made for a free train ride and over a week after two persons have reported a failure in this promise yet some youths came in here to call these witnesses wailers.
This reporter gave credence to the fact that work is ongoing there as seen from here description that caterpillars were at work of which it is true that the FG of PMB is actually working on the rail but failed on the promise of a free train ride.
Now, imagine that our politicians rush on to complete projects and make promises they cannot keep all cos they ain't patriots but are pretenders who have no deep positive intentions for this country.
Why the bogus promises?
A govt that made lots of promises but denied later and still has continued same.
Yet some of us Nigerians cannot tell ' em the truth.
Whether wailers or hailers, Naija na our own and if we don't get it better, we'll all sink.
Either APC nor PDP, ALL I WANNA SAY IS THAT THEY DON'T REALLY CARE ABOUT US.

1 Like

Re: My Lagos To Abeokuta Free Train Ride Experience by femidejulius(m): 7:03am On Feb 14, 2019
This is Nigeria

Re: My Lagos To Abeokuta Free Train Ride Experience by ferdybillion(m): 9:50am On Feb 14, 2019
post=75711025:
A picture speaks more than a thousand words.

We don't need to say more than this to wailers and Children of perdition!

It is only 2 days to go before the BEAUTIFUL day.
Have a lovely day Lovers of SAI BABA.

(1) (Reply)

Schengen Visa For Netherlands / Come To Singapore! / A True Tropical Paradise: French Polynesia In The Pacific

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.