Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,720 members, 7,809,733 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

Schengen Visa For Netherlands - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Schengen Visa For Netherlands (2517 Views)

Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy / How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Can The Holder Of Uk Visa Travel To Other Eu Countries? Like Schengen? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Schengen Visa For Netherlands by rohan84: 7:29am On Mar 22, 2011
Hi guys,

I am happy to see a forum where people believe in helping other and not discouraging. Vicjustice & Davedavy you guys are angels for ppl like me.

Now about my query. I am 26 years old, Single, Salaried professional from Bangalore, India. Last year in August I applied for a Short Stay Schengen visa for Netherlands to meet my friend. As I intend to stay at her place, I provided all necessary documents like Town Hall Invitation, Guarantee letter, her father's bank statements & Passport copies etc. Also from my side all docs like Employment letter, Salary Slips, IT papers, Travel Insurance, Confirmed tickets, Cover Letter, Bank Statements and everything. I attempted this on my own. Later on I was called for Personal interview and asked to bring an itinerary of the journey (I gave the one which I received from Airlines, please correct me if I was wrong) In interview I was asked about the relationship between me and my friend. and it went well.

Soon I got a rejection via mail stating the common reason: "Justification for the purpose and condition of the intended stay was not provided."
Here I assumed that this might be because of mention of that friend of mine. Embassy might have thought that I am trying to immigrate there. VFS Guys (@#@#) gave me the brilliant (!) idea of reapplying right away as it could work in my case. And I did so. This time provided them the hotel confirmation and waited for my luck. I got rejected again for the reason "your intention to leave the territory of the mem er state bfore the expiry of the visa could no be ascertained." I was devastated. I checked with a lawyer and upon confirming the accuracy of documents, I decided to appeal. Four weeks later I got a letter by them stating that their competent team had taken the right decision.

Apologies for the long write up. I want to know if I could get a tourist visa now. Should I try applying for other countries like Belgium? Purpose of my stay is to explore places and meet up with friends. I have a highly rewarding job and have been working for 4 years.

Friends, I'd be grateful if you could help me out here. Thank you in advance. I can mail the refusal letter from embassy and my documents scanned here for your reference. Once again. Thank you.

Rohan
Re: Schengen Visa For Netherlands by sandraa(f): 11:43am On Aug 18, 2011
Any change to the issue yet?
i heard they refuse people a lot even now that they r with france in lagos they still refuse for simple error!
pls justwise and co throw light on this!

(1) (Reply)

Reason Why People Are Leaving Nigeria / Can I Work With U.S 2 Years Visa? / Countries To Deliver Your Baby For Automatic Citizenship.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.