Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,777 members, 7,955,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:04 PM

My Take On The Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Take On The Elections (257 Views)

Cult Leader Stabs Man For Voting APC During The Elections In Delta. Photos / Different People's Reactions On INEC Postponing The Elections - Yanbaba Meme / Buhari Won The Elections In 2003, 2007 And 2011- Fomer US Ambassador Campbell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Take On The Elections by damoneymag(m): 6:31am On Feb 14, 2019
Elections versus Generations.

A baby born on the 29th of may 1999, will be 20year of age on 29th of may 2019. A twenty years old guy would have probably been through with his university education, at least 1st degree all things being equal( but all thanks to ASUU Strike it's not feasible if you go through our public universities)
Now here is the gist. Let's look back to 20year ago, and ask our selves. What has really changed from then till now? All the problems that plagued us 20year ago are still very much unsolved and even worse than they were then. Yet every four years, we get carried away with all the noise and euphoria of the elections not really asking our selves what have we achieved till date. It's a shame that we've lost focus as a nation and we're simply just chasing shadows and supporting those whom we are very much aware have nothing to offer. Our children will really be ashamed of us.
In about 48hours, we'll have the opportunity to elect our next president. For me as a person, I've evaluated all the strong candidates in the forthcoming elections and this is what I think.
First let me state this unequivocally that this analysis is not aimed at swaying you into voting for a particular candidate, but just my honest read on the candidates and personal opinion of them. That being said.
I would have loved a fresh hand someone who is not recycled and old. Fresh ideas and ideology. But let the truth be told, I don't think that can be possible in this election. This is due to the fact that these candidates and there parties lack structure and the required popularity not leaving out the heavy financing required for effective campaign.
Now let's come to the two major contender for the seat of the president of the federal republic of Nigeria. I will say this without fear or favour, that the both of them, are just two sides of the same coin. I see no difference. Both are just repackaged oldies coming to fool us with empty promises. But then who will I vote for.. The young and new folks? Or one of the oldies? I think even if I vote for the new generation politicians, it would only amount to a waste of vote, since there chance of winning is slim. So which of the oldies do I give my vote. Mind you I said they're both same hiding under different parties.
What are their campaigns based upon? Next level and JOBS. Next level of what to start with? Looking at all the economic indices, non is looking encouraging. Unemployment is at it's all time high, inflation is in double digit, poverty is sweeping through the country like wild fire, insecurity is still very much resident with us, our educational sector is in a state of comatose, Health sector is near dead ( if you can't afford to go to London for treatment then you're dead), our corruption rating took a nose dive in spite of our fight against corruption, businesses are closing shop and leaving the country, so I wonder what exactly we are taking to the next level.
On the other hand, JOBS. The first letter stands for jobs. This alone is one of the major issues plaguing this country, especially the youths. If only these millions of youths are gainfully employed, the rate of crime would reduce as well as insecurity. We would have used one stone to kill several birds. I think Job creation should be the drive of any serious government. Like OBJ once said having high population of unemployed youth, is like seating on a keg of gun powder, which could explode at anytime. I think if this issue of job is not given the seriousness it deserves, we are setting up the country for implosion. A state of emergency should be declared on unemployment if we still want this nation to remain a Nation. Today we are the poverty headquarters of the world, tomorrow we might much worse if nothing is done to curb this tide. On this ground I've chosen to stand with JOBS. Not because I think him as a person is any better than his opponent, but because he has aligned his campaign with one of the most pressing issues plaguing our dear country.
As we all go out to perform our civic responsibility, don't sell your vote and conscience. And while at it, be safe. Don't avail yourself to be used as thugs for these politicians they are not worth it.
God bless Nigeria and may the best man for the job emerge victorious..

Kingsley N.

Cc lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Says Buhari Can't Be Trusted, APC Retaliates / Is It True That One Of Atiku’s Children Works Under Buhari? / Polls: INEC Only Postponing Buhari’s Defeat – Atiku Youth Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.