Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,478 members, 7,826,804 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Wrong Expression: Did You Know That 'tea' Isn't What We Take In The Morning? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Wrong Expression: Did You Know That 'tea' Isn't What We Take In The Morning? (3175 Views)

Isn't This Too Much For A Nursery 1 Pupil?(picture Attached) / Wrong Expression: Is It A Standard Bearer Or A Flag Bearer? / Wrong Expression: Is 'She is Pregnant FOR him' wrong or correct ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wrong Expression: Did You Know That 'tea' Isn't What We Take In The Morning? by kingIfey(m): 8:45am On Feb 14, 2019
Tea is a hot brown drink made by pouting boiling water into the dried leaves from a particular bush. Lipton is a good example.

Chocolate drink can't be tea. Tea is got from a tea plant.
Chocolate is got from a cocoa plant.

Milk chocolate drink, cocoa drink , chocolate drink and chocolate drink au lait are words you can use to describe the usual tea you have every morning. �

Visit www.kingifey.com for more

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wrong Expression: Did You Know That 'tea' Isn't What We Take In The Morning? by micontysneh(m): 8:50am On Feb 14, 2019
So where beverage go

1 Like

Re: Wrong Expression: Did You Know That 'tea' Isn't What We Take In The Morning? by agitator: 8:57am On Feb 14, 2019
Na only that one you see or hear?

What of maclean for toothpaste
or closeup for toothpaste

Omo for detergent.

Key soap for bar soap. undecided undecided undecided

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wrong Expression: Did You Know That 'tea' Isn't What We Take In The Morning? by winosport: 9:16am On Feb 14, 2019
okay...noted

1 Like

Re: Wrong Expression: Did You Know That 'tea' Isn't What We Take In The Morning? by Nobody: 11:23am On Feb 14, 2019
micontysneh:
So where beverage go

What does beverage mean pls

1 Like

Re: Wrong Expression: Did You Know That 'tea' Isn't What We Take In The Morning? by kingIfey(m): 11:37am On Feb 14, 2019
agitator:

Omo for detergent.

All that you mentioned are not in the same category with the usage of tea to mean Chocolate drink.

Tea and chocolate are different.
Tea, cocoa and coffees are generally known as beverages

Omo is a brand of detergent
Maclean is a brand of toothpaste
Tea is not a brand of chocolate.

I hope You understand.

1 Like

Re: Wrong Expression: Did You Know That 'tea' Isn't What We Take In The Morning? by jom28gy(m): 4:34pm On Feb 14, 2019
What can one take as tea,which is beneficial for good health
Re: Wrong Expression: Did You Know That 'tea' Isn't What We Take In The Morning? by Gmajor(m): 5:17pm On Feb 14, 2019
People sabi talk rubbish just to appear smart.
If you put a tea bag in water and the add milk, sugar, etc, what you just prepared is tea. Tea does not refer only to the drink made from tea leaves. SMH.
N/b. Don't just take my word for it, you can consult your dictionary
Re: Wrong Expression: Did You Know That 'tea' Isn't What We Take In The Morning? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Feb 14, 2019
Gmajor:
If you put a tea bag in water and the add milk, sugar, chocolate etc, what you just prepared is tea. Tea does not refer only to the drink made from tea leaves. SMH.
By Merriam Webster dictionary: a drink that is made by soaking the dried leaves of an Asian plant in hot water
: a similar drink that is made by using the dried leaves of another kind of plant
: the dried leaves that are used in making tea. Even if the drink is made with chocolate, milk and hot water(without tea) most Nigerians will still call it tea. So, stop behaving as if you know more than the op and everybody that agreed with the post.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wrong Expression: Did You Know That 'tea' Isn't What We Take In The Morning? by kingIfey(m): 6:04pm On Feb 14, 2019
Gmajor:
If you put a tea bag in water and the add milk, sugar, chocolate etc, what you just prepared is tea. Tea does not refer only to the drink made from tea leaves. SMH.

As you have said this, the tea drunk in nigeria, does it have tea plant as one of its ingredient?

Well, no it doesn't.
Travel outside this country and request tea, you will see what you will get. You will then realise this comment of yours is uncalled for

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wrong Expression: Did You Know That 'tea' Isn't What We Take In The Morning? by Gmajor(m): 9:04pm On Feb 14, 2019
kingIfey:

As you have said this, the tea drunk in nigeria, does it have tea plant as one of its ingredient?

Well, no it doesn't.
Travel outside this country and request tea, you will see what you will get. You will then realise this comment of yours is uncalled for
A tea bag is made from tea
Re: Wrong Expression: Did You Know That 'tea' Isn't What We Take In The Morning? by Gmajor(m): 9:08pm On Feb 14, 2019
Nurrex:
By Merriam Webster dictionary: a drink that is made by soaking the dried leaves of an Asian plant in hot water
: a similar drink that is made by using the dried leaves of another kind of plant
: the dried leaves that are used in making tea. Even if the drink is made with chocolate, milk and hot water(without tea) most Nigerians will still call it tea. So, stop behaving as if you know more than the op and everybody that agreed with the post.

There are many definitions of tea, you should have checked them all before you rushed to reply.

2 Likes

Re: Wrong Expression: Did You Know That 'tea' Isn't What We Take In The Morning? by jerryunit48: 9:14pm On Feb 14, 2019
My brother help me tell them O , just this morning I had this discussion, I was in Nigeria some time ago and I told my friend we should go and buy tea he took me out and was picking things like milo and bonvita then he told me these are nice teas and I was like really

2 Likes

Re: Wrong Expression: Did You Know That 'tea' Isn't What We Take In The Morning? by COOL10(m): 9:51pm On Feb 14, 2019
Totally true. Although I just found out some days back grin

1 Like

Re: Wrong Expression: Did You Know That 'tea' Isn't What We Take In The Morning? by kingIfey(m): 10:42pm On Feb 14, 2019
jerryunit48:
My brother help me tell them O , just this morning I had this discussion, I was in Nigeria some time ago and I told my friend we should go and buy tea he took me out and was picking things like milo and bonvita then he told me these are nice teas and I was like really

We will not understand until we get in contact with people who know that tea is different from cocoa. grin
Re: Wrong Expression: Did You Know That 'tea' Isn't What We Take In The Morning? by kingIfey(m): 10:42pm On Feb 14, 2019
grin grin that's good
COOL10:
Totally true. Although I just found out some days back grin

1 Like

Re: Wrong Expression: Did You Know That 'tea' Isn't What We Take In The Morning? by Gracesofar(m): 3:14am On Feb 15, 2019
agitator:

Omo for detergent.

When you tell the you want to buy close up they will ask you which type lolzzz maybe mymy or oral B nigerians are lazily lazy
Re: Wrong Expression: Did You Know That 'tea' Isn't What We Take In The Morning? by GreenArrow2: 6:08am On Feb 15, 2019
Gracesofar:

When you tell the you want to buy close up they will ask you which type lolzzz maybe mymy or oral B nigerians are lazily lazy

Lol. That's what makes us unique cheesy

1 Like

Re: Wrong Expression: Did You Know That 'tea' Isn't What We Take In The Morning? by kingIfey(m): 7:02am On Feb 15, 2019
micontysneh:
So where beverage go

Beverage is a safer term to use but then , nobody knows which of the beverages you are having. Clarity is essential here.
Re: Wrong Expression: Did You Know That 'tea' Isn't What We Take In The Morning? by yoda78: 8:53am On Feb 15, 2019
na tea jor undecided

(1) (Reply)

Nddc Foreign Scholarship For M.sc Only / How Does Vistalog Work?n1000 Discount / Nigeria Police Recruitment 2015/16 Form Is Out & Online Call 2348159476241 Apply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.