Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,082 members, 7,825,410 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Anthony Joshua To Defend Title Against Jarell Miller On UCL Final Night - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua To Defend Title Against Jarell Miller On UCL Final Night (17943 Views)

Anthony Joshua To Present Belts To Buhari / Timothy Moten Quit His Job For Anthony Joshua To Defeat Andy Ruiz Jnr / Cristiano Ronaldo Receives Red Card On UCL Debut With Juventus (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Joshua To Defend Title Against Jarell Miller On UCL Final Night by Ekealterego: 2:57pm On Feb 14, 2019
saintandsinnerz:

Nobody is begging anybody, wilder team refused the money sharing percentage offered to them, insisting that they share the money 50-50. Granted Wilder is an A list fighter but AJ has the momentum and is the man to beat. Wilder team should have accepted what was offered to them and fight AJ. Though as AJ said, it's all politics, Wilder's team knows that if AJ beats wilder, his rising profile will crash whereas Hearn also knows that wilder can beat AJ and his reign will come to an end and wilder will become the undisputed heavyweight champion. That unification fight is not happening soon.
I almost lost fate until I saw your post. A lot of people with zero knowledge of boxing chatting utter shyte.
The only thing more annoying than an ignorant casual is an ignorant casual spilling their guts on the internet.

I am sure most don't even know what a casual is.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Defend Title Against Jarell Miller On UCL Final Night by otipoju(m): 3:01pm On Feb 14, 2019
Jayloy:

People like you will just come and spill ignorance.
AJ running and he booked Wembley for April 13th.
AJ running and he named fight with Povetkin "Road to undisputed"
AJ running and his team offered Wilder 12.5million, increased to 20 million and last 28 million yet Team Wilder not responding? Mind you the highest Doentay Wilder ever made was 2.1million against Ortiz and about 6 million against Fury. He is then asking the cash cow of boxing that he wants a 60 percentage split in his favour.
Infact AJ is begging for the fight. Hardcores know its the easiest fight for AJ out there Doentay Wilder is a one trick knock out guy that can't even through a decent punch. When the fight finally get made, I'm betting AJ to knock him out in 3.
Sorry you're a casual.

Man, dont waste your energy on ignorant and jealous people... AJ is blessed, brave and has a class that all those boxers wish they had.

They say AJ is a coward yet he has fought six of the top ten HW in 23 fights and beat all of them. Meanwhile Wilder has 40 plus fights and has fought only 2 top ten HW.. one win versus Ortiz one draw versus Fury.

AJ intellect is way above those guys and thats his problem. An AJ can retire from boxing, go into politics and become president easily.

Can you say the same of Wilder or Miller or whyte?

Please leave those people to stew in their hate.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Defend Title Against Jarell Miller On UCL Final Night by Ekealterego: 3:11pm On Feb 14, 2019
Bonapart:
look at the way you are just running your fingers over the kindergarten knowledge you got on boxing. Do you know how many fight request AJ turned down from Wilder before wilder finally face Fury. It was after the Fury fight AJ noticed from the fight that he now started requesting. Make I hear word
You guys should just stop chatting shit about things you have no inkling about.
How many did he turn down? Why are many Nigerians so full of ignorance and confident in it?
Wilder is a known cherry picker, he has 40 fights! With an old grandpa Ortiz and a former coke addict who just returned from a 2 years break because of mental illness and obesity.

You guys should stop chatting shit. It's becoming annoying.

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua To Defend Title Against Jarell Miller On UCL Final Night by Jaqenhghar: 3:11pm On Feb 14, 2019
Jayloy:

Ohh God. Fury and Wilder are ducking him. Don't you know. You can't force don't that don't want to fight you na. They are both out pricing themselves.
AJ has beaten 5 of WBC top ten. So who is there to fight. He is currently taking Big baby a no 7 ranked boxer.
If Eddy has not done him good then mention another promoter that can do half of what Eddie has done for AJ.
Four belts in 22 fight and have unified 3 times to. Aba
I am honestly tired. I have heard accusations and counter accusations I dont know what to believe anymore. Meanwhile whats up with that 19 year old power puncher Daniel Dubois. I heard He floores AJ during a sparring session wjen he was prepping for that Klitschko fight
Re: Anthony Joshua To Defend Title Against Jarell Miller On UCL Final Night by BluntBoy(m): 3:12pm On Feb 14, 2019
joeytrib:
This would be a fight to watch! Two equally great fighters

My money is on Anthony Joshua sha grin

Nothing great about Miller. The only thing I like about him are his trash talks.

Joshua would KO him.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Defend Title Against Jarell Miller On UCL Final Night by Jayloy: 3:19pm On Feb 14, 2019
otipoju:

Man, dont waste your energy on ignorant and jealous people... AJ is blessed, brave and has a class that all those boxers wish they had.

They say AJ is a coward yet he has fought six of the top ten HW in 23 fights and beat all of them. Meanwhile Wilder has 40 plus fights and has fought only 2 top ten HW.. one win versus Ortiz one draw versus Fury.

AJ intellect is way above those guys and thats his problem. An AJ can retire from boxing, go into politics and become president easily.

Can you say the same of Wilder or Miller or whyte?

Please leave those people to stew in their hate.

Thanks Bro. It just gets me furious when people make this claim.
Most boxing fans have seen the smoke screens of wilder and the cherry picking of Fury that went bad.
What do you think about this Jarell Big Baby Miller fight?
I think it's not going to be as easy as people think o. He's got some engine and he keeps coming at you. Hope AJ won't gas out if it gets to latter rounds?
Re: Anthony Joshua To Defend Title Against Jarell Miller On UCL Final Night by Jayloy: 3:24pm On Feb 14, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

I am honestly tired. I have heard accusations and counter accusations I dont know what to believe anymore. Meanwhile whats up with that 19 year old power puncher Daniel Dubois. I heard He floores AJ during a sparring session wjen he was prepping for that Klitschko fight
Smiles...Dubois didn't floor AJ o but honestly he is a good prospect. He is one of the top 5 prospects. He is better than Efe Ajagba if you ask me as Efe has never fought a decent contender or even a good journey man but tomato cans. Shinley Finckle wants to pad his record like Wilder.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Defend Title Against Jarell Miller On UCL Final Night by DimIsaac10(m): 3:45pm On Feb 14, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

That one no be sense. Now is the time to fight Fury and co when he is still sharp and na there money go enter. Problem is fighters keep coming. All it takes is one very exciting fight to draw everyone's attention away( e.g see fury Wilder and we are talking about of a part 2). At this point the only reason people will want to watch AJ is because he holds the titles.
The stuff is, he is not the only one growing,Fury and Co also growing.....
A English promoter is a very good business man...
Re: Anthony Joshua To Defend Title Against Jarell Miller On UCL Final Night by Jaqenhghar: 3:48pm On Feb 14, 2019
DimIsaac10:
The stuff is, he is not the only one growing,Fury and Co also growing.....
A English promoter is a very good business man...
Hmmm. Its all good sha.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Defend Title Against Jarell Miller On UCL Final Night by Jaqenhghar: 3:52pm On Feb 14, 2019
Jayloy:

Smiles...Dubois didn't floor AJ o but honestly he is a good prospect. He is one of the top 5 prospects. He is better than Efe Ajagba if you ask me as Efe has never fought a decent contender or even a good journey man but tomato cans. Shinley Finckle wants to pad his record like Wilder.
Hahaha @pad his records. I believe a lot of politics and corruption go on ehings the scenes with the officials and the governing bodies such that the fighters dont often have a say. Efe is a beast and should have had his day long ago. Lets see how it goes
Re: Anthony Joshua To Defend Title Against Jarell Miller On UCL Final Night by otipoju(m): 4:30pm On Feb 14, 2019
Jayloy:

Thanks Bro. It just gets me furious when people make this claim.
Most boxing fans have seen the smoke screens of wilder and the cherry picking of Fury that went bad.
What do you think about this Jarell Big Baby Miller fight?
I think it's not going to be as easy as people think o. He's got some engine and he keeps coming at you. Hope AJ won't gas out if it gets to latter rounds?

AJ will beat miller easily. I've gone to watch millers highlights. He has no commendable boxing skills. Hes going to be a walk in the park for AJ as long as he stays disciplined.

A bout 2 or 3 years before AJ became HW champion, i accidentaly saw his highlights on a facebook post by a friend. I told my friend this dude is certainly going places. What i noticed about him was that you cant really defend against him...he is hitting your hands along with your face. Soon you going to get weak and open up.

I watched Wilders highlights and concluded he was a fraud.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua To Defend Title Against Jarell Miller On UCL Final Night by johnbuck81(m): 4:40pm On Feb 14, 2019
Jayloy:

People like you will just come and spill ignorance.
AJ running and he booked Wembley for April 13th.
AJ running and he named fight with Povetkin "Road to undisputed"
AJ running and his team offered Wilder 12.5million, increased to 20 million and last 28 million yet Team Wilder not responding? Mind you the highest Doentay Wilder ever made was 2.1million against Ortiz and about 6 million against Fury. He is then asking the cash cow of boxing that he wants a 60 percentage split in his favour.
Infact AJ is begging for the fight. Hardcores know its the easiest fight for AJ out there Doentay Wilder is a one trick knock out guy that can't even through a decent punch. When the fight finally get made, I'm betting AJ to knock him out in 3.
Sorry you're a casual.
wilder offer AJ 50 million to fight him in U.S soil and AJ refused. Wilder has been begging for a fight with AJ and all they could do is offer him a mediocre sum... all he wanted was 50:50 purse.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Defend Title Against Jarell Miller On UCL Final Night by Jayloy: 4:56pm On Feb 14, 2019
johnbuck81:
wilder offer AJ 50 million to fight him in U.S soil and AJ refused. Wilder has been begging for a fight with AJ and all they could do is offer him a mediocre sum... all he wanted was 50:50 purse.
The 50 million was a scam.
I imagine me offering you 50 million and asking you to sign within 2 days when for a fact the 59 million wasn't offered by Wilder but Frank Warren which will make AJ fight on BT sport whereas AJ is contracted to fight on Skye. Let's even assume the 50 million was real, at least we will sit and discuss terms but team Wilder didn't give room for that but sold the story of wanting the fight. Wilder only built his profile on AJ name. Many of us wouldn't have known him had he been he didn't start calling out AJ which was a smart move.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Defend Title Against Jarell Miller On UCL Final Night by obontami: 5:06pm On Feb 14, 2019
Jayloy:

You are a casual that is why you don't know Jarell Big Baby Miller

Dude, stop being AJ's stan. The fact remains big baby is an unknown inconsequential boxer that has never fought any top 5 in the heavy weight division. He also doesn't have any world title.

I care how big jerell miller is. He's actually a walk over for AJ that's why he picked him.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Defend Title Against Jarell Miller On UCL Final Night by saintandsinnerz: 5:38pm On Feb 14, 2019
Jayloy:

Now someone that knows boxing is talking.
Look bro it was initially thought that he stood a chance but not after the Fury fight.
Wilder is being helped to keep his belt by WBC until recently.
Another referee would have stopped the match against Ortiz in round 7 after about 15 unreplied punches. At the beginning of 8th round the referee called in a doctor to check wilder out thus buying him more time. Mind you Ortiz is old and hypertensive even before the fight.
The Fury fight exposed him big time.
Did you wonder why AJ went to America to start calling him out but team Wilder are wise, they don't want to risk feeding him to AJ now especially with the Wilder Fury rematch that can earn both fighter about 20 million each.
Barry Hearn, Eddy's dad said it's the easiest fight for AJ.
The only fighter that can give AJ problem is Usyk and maybe Fury because of his awkwardness
Bro you're right but truth must be said, Ortiz tried against wilder but in the end Wilder got the upper hand. Forget about what Hearn is saying, he cannot say with certainty that AJ will beat Wilder. He knows wilder is a fiery fighter and such anything can happen. Critics have been saying AJ only fights those his management team feels he will beat. Take for instance, after he beat Alexander Povetski last September, many people believed that he should fight dillian Whyte again because DW has made alot of progress since their last fight in 2015. Since then he has won 9 out of 9,so he won't be an easy opponent for AJ, however, Eddie Hearn being an astute man also made sure that the proposed fight with DW never materialised. The truth is that AJ and his team doesn't want to fight an A list fighter outside the UK, hence they went for jarrel Miller who talks more than he can fight. This is the first time AJ is fighting in the US market (which is the most lucrative market in boxing) but he should be rest assured that he needs many fights in the legendary Madison square garden before he will be considered in the same level with the greats. Even Hearn said so himself.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Defend Title Against Jarell Miller On UCL Final Night by Olawalesmarter(m): 6:45pm On Feb 14, 2019
Many of you are are calling him all sort of names just because the guy have Brain. He is not only fighting just to satisfy you idiots, He is fighting to make Money mhen. If the deal isn't favourable the best thing is to turn it down, he have a lot to lose than to put out fake Confidence
Re: Anthony Joshua To Defend Title Against Jarell Miller On UCL Final Night by Olawalesmarter(m): 6:50pm On Feb 14, 2019
GrammarNazi1:

Really?

You wrote a good comment about Yourself and describe your family perfectly
Re: Anthony Joshua To Defend Title Against Jarell Miller On UCL Final Night by brizzybrizzz(m): 9:44pm On Feb 14, 2019
myselftrend:
Anthony Joshua will be defending his title against Jarell Miller on June 1, the same day the UEFA Champions League final will be taking place. The fight which will hold in New York will be Joshua’s first out of England since emerging world heavyweight champion.

The fight will be happening after Anthony Joshua failed to seal a fight with Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury.

The WBA, WBO, IBF and IBO champion will now be facing Jarell Miller who is undefeated as a professional boxer.

In a social media post, Anthony Joshua said:

‘June 1 I’ll be travelling to MSG. New York City, the Big Apple,’ Joshua said in a video posted to social media.

‘I’m there to take a bite out of that and I’ll be competing against Jarrell Miller

‘Wembley is so close to my heart, it’s a great spot, a great location. I’ve fought in small halls, I’ve fought in arenas. And it’s been a humbling and a blessing to fight in those stadiums.

‘But now it’s time for a change. The current state of the division was the undisputed championship of the world.

‘Myself and [Deontay] Wilder are the current active champions of the world. We were looking to get that fight on April 13 but things happened, boxing politics, I’m sure you guys are aware.

‘So we had to branch out and look for other options. Miller came up. It’s an exciting fight, he’s an undefeated heavyweight.’

Photos Below :

Gist via :- https://nairatrend.com.ng/anthony-joshua-to-defend-title-against-jarell-miller-on-ucl-final-night/

am backing my boy to whoop that baby's ass team A.j all the way!!
Re: Anthony Joshua To Defend Title Against Jarell Miller On UCL Final Night by cbrass(m): 10:05pm On Feb 14, 2019
saintandsinnerz:

Nobody is begging anybody, wilder team refused the money sharing percentage offered to them, insisting that they share the money 50-50. Granted Wilder is an A list fighter but AJ has the momentum and is the man to beat. Wilder team should have accepted what was offered to them and fight AJ. Though as AJ said, it's all politics, Wilder's team knows that if AJ beats wilder, his rising profile will crash whereas Hearn also knows that wilder can beat AJ and his reign will come to an end and wilder will become the undisputed heavyweight champion. That unification fight is not happening soon.

After the fury and wielder fight the wielder fight chickened out. AJ's team was pressing so hard for the fight. So I think AJ wanted to see how wielder would fight fury. Its wielder team that's running away now
Re: Anthony Joshua To Defend Title Against Jarell Miller On UCL Final Night by johnbuck81(m): 10:22pm On Feb 14, 2019
Jayloy:

The 50 million was a scam.
I imagine me offering you 50 million and asking you to sign within 2 days when for a fact the 59 million wasn't offered by Wilder but Frank Warren which will make AJ fight on BT sport whereas AJ is contracted to fight on Skye. Let's even assume the 50 million was real, at least we will sit and discuss terms but team Wilder didn't give room for that but sold the story of wanting the fight. Wilder only built his profile on AJ name. Many of us wouldn't have known him had he been he didn't start calling out AJ which was a smart move.
plsss..wilder was wildly known before AJ.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CAF Approves Enyimba Stadium For Cara Brazavile Game 29/08/2018. 5pm Live On Sst / Samuel Ojebode Is Dead / It Will Be Hard To Leave Nigeria – Gernot Rohr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.