Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,745 members, 7,862,440 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 04:43 PM

Can An Employee Of A Private Company Be Compelled To Work During Election Days? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can An Employee Of A Private Company Be Compelled To Work During Election Days? (301 Views)

Will Gucci Company Be Persecuted Over Hushpuppi? / FG Pays Private Company For Road Project Executed By RCCG As CSR / Caption!! Sanwo-olu's Face During Election Win Celebration (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can An Employee Of A Private Company Be Compelled To Work During Election Days? by SLOVFO(m): 2:29pm On Feb 14, 2019
Can an employee/worker of a private firm be compelled to work on days of national general elections? Are their laws in Nigeria that compel employers of labor to release their employees to take part in elections?
I am asking because my company has no plan of shutting down on the 16th of February, 2019.
Re: Can An Employee Of A Private Company Be Compelled To Work During Election Days? by JubrinElSudan: 2:46pm On Feb 14, 2019
Those on essential duties can work that day but they should use their heads. Like the privatized Discos, their hilux can go out on patrol when there is a failure
Re: Can An Employee Of A Private Company Be Compelled To Work During Election Days? by thesicilian: 2:56pm On Feb 14, 2019
Not all private companies are governed by government labor laws. In Nigeria, the man who pays your salary determines when and how long you will work. It's as simple as that.
Re: Can An Employee Of A Private Company Be Compelled To Work During Election Days? by SLOVFO(m): 3:45pm On Feb 14, 2019
thesicilian:
Not all private companies are governed by government labor laws. In Nigeria, the man who pays your salary determines when and how long you will work. It's as simple as that.
Naw ooo. I wan do small strong head for work as per working on Saturday, but I guess I would have to tread with caution.

(1) (Reply)

INEC Official Document: Presidential Election 23 Feb; Governorship 9 March / (Video) INEC Finally Postpones General Elections / 2019 Election Postponement Briefing APC Chairman Talks Tough.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.