Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,209 members, 7,811,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:44 PM

Us Grants Nigeria Direct Flight Permit ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Us Grants Nigeria Direct Flight Permit ! (5905 Views)

Saudi Arabia Refuses To Grant Flight Permit For Nigerian Arms From Pakistan / EU Grants Nigeria N3.4b To Boost Power / Nigeria Direct: Nigeria's Official Web Portal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Us Grants Nigeria Direct Flight Permit ! by wales(m): 8:21am On Aug 24, 2010
Nigeria has officially received the exclusive United States of America Category 1 air safety rating which allows direct flight operations to the US.

Nigeria’s aviation minister, Fidelia Njeze, received the certification from outgoing US ambassador to Nigeria, Robin Sanders, yesterday at a brief ceremony in Abuja, making Nigeria the sixth African nation after Cape Verde, Egypt, Ethiopia, Morocco, and South Africa to receive the status.

The rating is determined under the US Federal Aviation Administration’s assessment of how countries meet the International Civil Aviation Organization safety standards, and Nigeria’s certification is based on the results of July 2010 FAA review of the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority.

The certification means Nigeria has complied with the safety regulations set by the international body, as assessed by the US aviation authorities, and Nigerian-registered flights have direct permits to the US. Such flights too would benefit from reduced premium charges and receive preference for leasing.

Ms. Njeze said the “covetous” status marks a “milestone” in the history of the nation’s aviation. “By this certification, Nigeria has been put in the premier league of aviation. We celebrate commitment today, we celebrate dedication, and celebrate success,” she said.

Nigeria’s aviation relations with the United States was seriously hurt after last December’s failed terrorist attack on the US by a Nigerian, Umar AbdulMutallab. In recent months, the NCAA director general, Harold Demuren, has assured of efforts the agency has made to secure the rating.

The US ambassador, Ms. Sanders, said the recognition was “hard fought and well-deserved” and praised Mr. Demuren, for the success.

“This achievement is an important milestone for Nigeria and US bilateral relations. The US Mission, NCAA, and FAA have worked together as a team in the true spirit of bilateral partnership over the last two years to achieve this goal,” she said.

The International Aviation Safety Assessment (IASA) carried out by the FAA, offers the category 1 rating to countries with laws and regulations that can oversee air carriers in accordance with minimum international standards for technical expertise, trained personnel, record keeping, and inspection procedures.

Ms. Njeze, becoming the first aviation minister to achieve this, said “it was a long journey that had ended well.” However, she said “the journey has just started.”

“I thank the American government for the confidence in Nigeria and assure them that we will maintain that.” She said the government will continue to upgrade the airports, personnel, and safety standards.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/Metro/Politics/5610270-147/us_grants_nigeria_direct_flight_permit.csp

Re: Us Grants Nigeria Direct Flight Permit ! by hercules07: 1:26pm On Aug 24, 2010
We should actually give a lot of the glory to the DG of NCAA, he has been on it for a while, I was part of the Communication (as a sub sub sub sub contractor) side of the Certification project and I can attest to his efforts at making sure that everything went well.
Re: Us Grants Nigeria Direct Flight Permit ! by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 24, 2010
Now Nigerian airlines can invest more in making safety the ultimate goal (no more Mutallab). This is good. Now is the time for Nigerian airways to be back with modern equipments!!
Re: Us Grants Nigeria Direct Flight Permit ! by 5p1naz(m): 2:35pm On Aug 24, 2010
wales:

Nigeria has officially received the exclusive United States of America Category 1 air safety rating which allows direct flight operations to the US.

Nigeria’s aviation minister, Fidelia Njeze, received the certification from outgoing US ambassador to Nigeria, Robin Sanders, yesterday at a brief ceremony in Abuja, making Nigeria the sixth African nation after Cape Verde, Egypt, Ethiopia, Morocco, and South Africa to receive the status.

The rating is determined under the US Federal Aviation Administration’s assessment of how countries meet the International Civil Aviation Organization safety standards, and Nigeria’s certification is based on the results of July 2010 FAA review of the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority.

The certification means Nigeria has complied with the safety regulations set by the international body, as assessed by the US aviation authorities, and Nigerian-registered flights have direct permits to the US. Such flights too would benefit from reduced premium charges and receive preference for leasing.

Ms. Njeze said the “covetous” status marks a “milestone” in the history of the nation’s aviation. “By this certification, Nigeria has been put in the premier league of aviation. We celebrate commitment today, we celebrate dedication, and celebrate success,” she said.

Nigeria’s aviation relations with the United States was seriously hurt after last December’s failed terrorist attack on the US by a Nigerian, Umar AbdulMutallab. In recent months, the NCAA director general, Harold Demuren, has assured of efforts the agency has made to secure the rating.

The US ambassador, Ms. Sanders, said the recognition was “hard fought and well-deserved” and praised Mr. Demuren, for the success.

“This achievement is an important milestone for Nigeria and US bilateral relations. The US Mission, NCAA, and FAA have worked together as a team in the true spirit of bilateral partnership over the last two years to achieve this goal,” she said.

The International Aviation Safety Assessment (IASA) carried out by the FAA, offers the category 1 rating to countries with laws and regulations that can oversee air carriers in accordance with minimum international standards for technical expertise, trained personnel, record keeping, and inspection procedures.

Ms. Njeze, becoming the first aviation minister to achieve this, said “it was a long journey that had ended well.” However, she said “the journey has just started.”

“I thank the American government for the confidence in Nigeria and assure them that we will maintain that.” She said the government will continue to upgrade the airports, personnel, and safety standards.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/Metro/Politics/5610270-147/us_grants_nigeria_direct_flight_permit.csp

so this bigg woman is a miss sad sad sad embarassed
Re: Us Grants Nigeria Direct Flight Permit ! by DisGuy: 2:36pm On Aug 24, 2010
9jaganja:

Now Nigerian airlines can invest more in making safety the ultimate goal (no more Mutallab). This is good. Now is the time for Nigerian airways to be back with modern equipments!!

You mean Nigerian Airways went out of business because of USA route?

Now its time to buy loads of planes from american manufacturers, appoint many american consultants, buy more security equipment by american sellers, i heard many other serious countries still dont have cat1 for the US

Anyway hope the fare goes don cos in Nigeria, the much touted 'market forces' is a big scam!!

Arik
Re: Us Grants Nigeria Direct Flight Permit ! by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 24, 2010
Dis Guy:

You mean Nigerian Airways went out of business because of USA route?

Now its time to buy loads of planes from american manufacturers, appoint many american consultants, buy more security equipment by american sellers, i heard many other serious countries still dont have cat1 for the US

Anyway hope the fare goes don cos in Nigeria, the much touted 'market forces' is a big scam!!

Arik

How da phuck did you deduct that?

We either buy those from Americans or we watch them enjoy all the money made from air flights to and fro Nigeria.
Re: Us Grants Nigeria Direct Flight Permit ! by Mavor: 2:42pm On Aug 24, 2010
Now I can fly my prick straight to Hollywood for Rambo 7  grin My prick go act am, not me  shocked
Re: Us Grants Nigeria Direct Flight Permit ! by Nobody: 2:47pm On Aug 24, 2010
5p1naz:

You like? grin
Re: Us Grants Nigeria Direct Flight Permit ! by Pain(m): 3:04pm On Aug 24, 2010
And So What?

As If they just got approval for direct flights to HEAVEN!
Re: Us Grants Nigeria Direct Flight Permit ! by canuck(m): 3:07pm On Aug 24, 2010
I get it. This is good for business and Nigeria's image.

But why is a whole Federal Minister of Aviation brandishing the approval document like a schoolgirl, and almost breaking into Atilogwu dance routine as though she found the remedy to poverty and cure for AIDS?!
Re: Us Grants Nigeria Direct Flight Permit ! by Becomrich0: 3:11pm On Aug 24, 2010
Stop telling lies. I remember coming to nigeria years ago , and I went to new york to take my flight to nigeria , I had to see someone in new york. It was a direct flight from new york to lagos. And also from Lagos to New york on my return before coming back to canada. It was nigeria airways then. I cant remember the years. But I took several flight from the USA to Nigeria direct and return back through the USA. Your information is not correct.

Good , but we still have problem. Jonathan ethnics group claim they are the 4th largest in nigeria. See picture. we still have problem.  This account for why Jonathan has refuses to carry out true reform in nigeria and pays lip services.

Re: Us Grants Nigeria Direct Flight Permit ! by egu(m): 3:12pm On Aug 24, 2010
Kudos to Nigerians. This is called progress. It is not about flight to Heaven but a step in the right direction,otherwise called growth and development. A summation of similar things like this leads to those things found in developed countries which we always yearn for.
Re: Us Grants Nigeria Direct Flight Permit ! by eloii: 3:18pm On Aug 24, 2010
egu:

Kudos to Nigerians. This is called progress. It is not about flight to Heaven but a step in the right direction,otherwise called growth and development. A summation of similar things like this leads to those things found in developed countries which we always yearn for.

That is just that. Let see if Nigeria is going 2 be better or worst
Re: Us Grants Nigeria Direct Flight Permit ! by Becomrich0: 3:19pm On Aug 24, 2010
show me the picture
Re: Us Grants Nigeria Direct Flight Permit ! by wales(m): 3:20pm On Aug 24, 2010
This is a + to Nigeria, pls keep it up  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Us Grants Nigeria Direct Flight Permit ! by HamidO1(m): 3:23pm On Aug 24, 2010
It's a good news, just hop this tins will translate to more job oppurtunities 4 us. na wetin concern me now be dat
Re: Us Grants Nigeria Direct Flight Permit ! by Ikeobinna(m): 3:33pm On Aug 24, 2010
Of what importance is the certification to the man on the street. cry
Re: Us Grants Nigeria Direct Flight Permit ! by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 24, 2010
Hamid O:

It's a good news, just hop this tins will[b] translate to more job oppurtunities[/b] 4 us. na wetin concern me now be dat

how
Re: Us Grants Nigeria Direct Flight Permit ! by oladayo042: 3:49pm On Aug 24, 2010
5p1naz:

Is it a crime to be?
Re: Us Grants Nigeria Direct Flight Permit ! by ekea2001: 3:53pm On Aug 24, 2010
two US foreign diplomacy scores for this administration. tongue
Re: Us Grants Nigeria Direct Flight Permit ! by Becomrich0: 3:56pm On Aug 24, 2010
should Robin Sanders leave nigeria or remain in nigeria? i have to ask the question. quick answer.
Re: Us Grants Nigeria Direct Flight Permit ! by Gbenge77(m): 4:44pm On Aug 24, 2010
Fantastic!
Re: Us Grants Nigeria Direct Flight Permit ! by eros(m): 4:50pm On Aug 24, 2010
Nice!!!! This is a welcome development.
Re: Us Grants Nigeria Direct Flight Permit ! by 1forall: 4:50pm On Aug 24, 2010
5p1naz:

Yes, and so is the aviation minister if you noticed.

Topic: So has Arik been doing illegal business since?
Re: Us Grants Nigeria Direct Flight Permit ! by Omolulu(m): 4:55pm On Aug 24, 2010
Ikeobinna:

u wud find out when u become a man in the plane
Re: Us Grants Nigeria Direct Flight Permit ! by uyakachi(m): 4:56pm On Aug 24, 2010
good development
is very very fantastic, and honeytastic  tongue tongue
Re: Us Grants Nigeria Direct Flight Permit ! by Sharonf(f): 5:31pm On Aug 24, 2010
See as dem dey clap. . .dey show paper. . instead of trying to get the country better so people will not have to run out. . .they are happy that there is now direct flight to run out! OH! NAIJAAAA
Re: Us Grants Nigeria Direct Flight Permit ! by phuckNL: 5:39pm On Aug 24, 2010
1forall:

Yes, and so is the aviation minister if you noticed.

Topic: So has Arik been doing illegal business since?

A little googling would have answered your question. Arik operates New York flights through a portugese company (i think hifly or something) because nigeria didn't have CAT 1 status. They had to lease aircraft.
Now they can operate their own.
Re: Us Grants Nigeria Direct Flight Permit ! by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 24, 2010
Ikeobinna:

Sharon_f:

See as dem dey clap. . .dey show paper. . instead of trying to get the country better so people will not have to run out. . .they are happy that there is now direct flight to run out! OH! NAIJAAAA
word
Re: Us Grants Nigeria Direct Flight Permit ! by OAM4J: 5:47pm On Aug 24, 2010
canuck:

But why is a whole Federal Minister of Aviation brandishing the approval document like a schoolgirl, and almost breaking into Atilogwu dance routine as though she found the remedy to poverty and cure for AIDS?!

lol grin grin grin na lottery nao grin

Anyway when will Arik and Air Nigeria commence direct flights to US, UK and Dubai? those are the prime routes.
Re: Us Grants Nigeria Direct Flight Permit ! by agabaI23(m): 5:56pm On Aug 24, 2010
canuck:

That was exactly my thought when I saw the picture. So much excitement. That kind of shows the perception and acceptance of inferiority on the side of the fed. That's pathetic.

An Igbo adage says that in a house where no goat is killed for food, when a chicken is killed, the faeces is preserved and displayed at the entrance of the building.
Re: Us Grants Nigeria Direct Flight Permit ! by jot01(m): 6:11pm On Aug 24, 2010
Women can do better in this Country of Ours.
Our Men are just ruling and putting the Money in there own Pocket,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" / Dickson Approves Death Penalty For Kidnappers In Bayelsa / “Naira Floating Is Anti-north”. A Northerner Claims. (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.