Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,136 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Buhari Will Win Because This Election Is Between Yoruba And Igbo. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Will Win Because This Election Is Between Yoruba And Igbo. (4295 Views)

Sanwo Olu Will Win Because Many Are Demoralized Already. / Obi Can Not Win Because 92% Of His Supporter Are Igbos, / 2023: Tinubu Cannot Win Because Nigerians Don't Want Him - Seun Osewa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Will Win Because This Election Is Between Yoruba And Igbo. by Godsonx2012: 4:21pm On Feb 14, 2019
The forthcoming presidential election is set to be a straight fight between APC and PDP – no doubt!

With a *Buhari/Osinbajo* (APC) ticket in one party and an *Atiku/Obi* (PDP) ticket on the other, my question is to the Yoruba nation about our collective good or collective interest as a group.

This is not the time to be shy or try to be holier than thou. Under all sorts of pretences, every group is presently trying to look after themselves. Don’t just be deceived as we don’t have that United Nigeria yet. This is our present reality in Nigeria until it changes – hopefully in the future.

Both Atiku and Buhari are Fulani Muslims. Whether it is an Atiku or a Buhari Presidency, the north wins. Abi? The North is already settled!

If Atiku wins, another Hausa/ Fulani cabal will emerge and ‘cage’ him. Cabal is not exclusive to Buhari. Cabal is an English word! Whether Buhari or Atiku, the same ni! Oko eru Fulani la wa! Make no mistake about that! We are still under the same Hausa/Fulani oligarchy and hegemony!

So both Osinbajo and Obi are southern Christians and both probably Pentecostal or at least Christians. There is no contest of religion in this case at all. That makes things more simple and straightforward.

The competition is really going to be between South West and South East. I am guessing the South East will massively vote for their own – so PDP! No second-guessing that! You can’t blame them as they’ve always voted PDP anyway.

So please reflect carefully and answer me sincerely as a Yoruba.
1. Which ticket; APC or PDP serves the Yoruba nation better under the current situation?
2. What would be the compelling reason to support a ticket that not only disadvantages but also excludes your own group completely? I personally cannot remember a time in history when the South East collective vote has benefitted the South West. I stand to be corrected!!!

As popular as June 12, 1993 mandate given to our dear MKO, whose life was later sacrificed for this democracy was, South East didn’t vote for him then. He won in only 1 state of old Anambra. He lost the other 3 states then who voted massively for the relatively unknown Tofa.

Let’s face it, the next presidential election is a straight contest between Yoruba and Igbo. My Yoruba brothers and sisters, let us not, in the name of political sophistication, manoeuvre ourselves into a position of weakness in the political scheme of Nigeria. There is no Yoruba face on the Atiku/Obi ticket! Period! That doesn’t portend any good for us Yoruba! Simple!

Yoruba will be excluded, marginalised and sidelined into oblivion in an Atiku/Obi presidency (God forbid!).

I plead with Yoruba sons and daughters to massively vote for OSINBAJO, the best vice president we have ever had, a grandson in- law to our beloved and revered father, Obafemi Awolowo- the best president Nigeria never had. Remember Baba Awolowo and do what is right. Osinbajo is a son we should be proud of. He has represented us well so far and will continue to do so, by the grace of God! He is one of our best! He is sound, with impeccable integrity; erudite and articulate! He will continue to make up for Buhari’s lapses, shortcomings, old age, sickness, Baba-go-slow, etc, while also protecting Yoruba interests. We need to have our own man in the room please. Please let us vote wisely. Time to drop any emotional attachment to PDP is now.
God bless you.
*Note: Please share this write-up with your Yoruba contacts home and abroad. Engage in meaningful brainstorming with Yoruba interests in mind and convince yourselves fairly as you make a decision. NIGERIA IS NOT YET A COUNTRY, unfortunately! Maybe it will ever be, no one knows. In the meantime, we have to make do with whatever Nigeria is while protecting our interests carefully! Oodua a gbe wa o!*

25 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari Will Win Because This Election Is Between Yoruba And Igbo. by jamezman(m): 4:23pm On Feb 14, 2019
Absolute nonsense...

Zombies everywhere..

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Will Win Because This Election Is Between Yoruba And Igbo. by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 4:23pm On Feb 14, 2019
Let's not be tribalistc about this election, we are talking about one Nigeria

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Will Win Because This Election Is Between Yoruba And Igbo. by alfaman3: 4:26pm On Feb 14, 2019
See this one wey aboki don dey attack dem for their villages even under the innefectual osinbajo.

Abeg go siddon. Your elders have already Atikulated Obidently.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Win Because This Election Is Between Yoruba And Igbo. by Nobody: 4:26pm On Feb 14, 2019
Godsonx2012:
The forthcoming presidential election is set to be a straight fight between APC and PDP – no doubt!

With a *Buhari/Osinbajo* (APC) ticket in one party and an *Atiku/Obi* (PDP) ticket on the other, my question is to the Yoruba nation about our collective good or collective interest as a group.

This is not the time to be shy or try to be holier than thou. Under all sorts of pretences, every group is presently trying to look after themselves. Don’t just be deceived as we don’t have that United Nigeria yet. This is our present reality in Nigeria until it changes – hopefully in the future.

Both Atiku and Buhari are Fulani Muslims. Whether it is an Atiku or a Buhari Presidency, the north wins. Abi? The North is already settled!

If Atiku wins, another Hausa/ Fulani cabal will emerge and ‘cage’ him. Cabal is not exclusive to Buhari. Cabal is an English word! Whether Buhari or Atiku, the same ni! Oko eru Fulani la wa! Make no mistake about that! We are still under the same Hausa/Fulani oligarchy and hegemony!

So both Osinbajo and Obi are southern Christians and both probably Pentecostal or at least Christians. There is no contest of religion in this case at all. That makes things more simple and straightforward.

The competition is really going to be between South West and South East. I am guessing the South East will massively vote for their own – so PDP! No second-guessing that! You can’t blame them as they’ve always voted PDP anyway.

1. Which ticket; APC or PDP serves the Yoruba nation better under the current situation?
2. What would be the compelling reason to support a ticket that not only disadvantages but also excludes your own group completely? I personally cannot remember a time in history when the South East collective vote has benefitted the South West. I stand to be corrected!!!

As popular as June 12, 1993 mandate given to our dear MKO, whose life was later sacrificed for this democracy was, South East didn’t vote for him then. He won in only 1 state of old Anambra. He lost the other 3 states then who voted massively for the relatively unknown Tofa.

Let’s face it, the next presidential election is a straight contest between Yoruba and Igbo. My Yoruba brothers and sisters, let us not, in the name of political sophistication, manoeuvre ourselves into a position of weakness in the political scheme of Nigeria. There is no Yoruba face on the Atiku/Obi ticket! Period! That doesn’t portend any good for us Yoruba! Simple!

Yoruba will be excluded, marginalised and sidelined into oblivion in an Atiku/Obi presidency (God forbid!).

I plead with Yoruba sons and daughters to massively vote for OSINBAJO, the best vice president we have ever had, a grandson in- law to our beloved and revered father, Obafemi Awolowo- the best president Nigeria never had. Remember Baba Awolowo and do what is right. Osinbajo is a son we should be proud of. He has represented us well so far and will continue to do so, by the grace of God! He is one of our best! He is sound, with impeccable integrity; erudite and articulate! He will continue to make up for Buhari’s lapses, shortcomings, old age, sickness, Baba-go-slow, etc, while also protecting Yoruba interests. We need to have our own man in the room please. Please let us vote wisely. Time to drop any emotional attachment to PDP is now.
God bless you.
*Note: Please share this write-up with your Yoruba contacts home and abroad. Engage in meaningful brainstorming with Yoruba interests in mind and convince yourselves fairly as you make a decision. NIGERIA IS NOT YET A COUNTRY, unfortunately! Maybe it will ever be, no one knows. In the meantime, we have to make do with whatever Nigeria is while protecting our interests carefully! Oodua a gbe wa o!*
This should be moved to the front page.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Win Because This Election Is Between Yoruba And Igbo. by Turantula(m): 4:28pm On Feb 14, 2019
Yeloba muslim and their foolishness is legendary, pretending they are supporting Buhari because of Osibande but we already know their antecedence they are supporting Buhari because he is a moozlem period. A Yeroba christian will never spill such a stupid trash.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Will Win Because This Election Is Between Yoruba And Igbo. by dammiecool(m): 4:28pm On Feb 14, 2019
Godsonx2012:

God bless you.

Hope d sophisticated morons will listen

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Will Win Because This Election Is Between Yoruba And Igbo. by rusep: 4:32pm On Feb 14, 2019
Godsonx2012:

God bless you.

What you said is correct, a word is enough for the wise.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Will Win Because This Election Is Between Yoruba And Igbo. by Jman06(m): 4:36pm On Feb 14, 2019
Stop posting rubbish!

If the VP spare tire position is your problem Igbo's are ready to relinquish it to you!

Our concern is to get Nigeria working again!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Will Win Because This Election Is Between Yoruba And Igbo. by SouthEastFacts: 4:40pm On Feb 14, 2019
If VP is all the yoruba race wants, like someone already said, we can relinquish it to them.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Will Win Because This Election Is Between Yoruba And Igbo. by SouthEastFacts: 4:41pm On Feb 14, 2019
If VP is all the yoruba race wants, like someone already said, we can relinquish it to them.

If Buhari wins, have you bothered to think about what will happen to yorubas from 2023 henceforth?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Will Win Because This Election Is Between Yoruba And Igbo. by Godsonx2012: 5:00pm On Feb 14, 2019
Oyimeoyimemua:

So, because you people are involved now, we should not tribalise the issue abi?
Hypocrites.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Will Win Because This Election Is Between Yoruba And Igbo. by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 5:10pm On Feb 14, 2019
Godsonx2012:

So, because you people are involved now, we should not tribalised the issue abi?
Hypocrites.
who are "you people "

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Win Because This Election Is Between Yoruba And Igbo. by Godsonx2012: 5:15pm On Feb 14, 2019
Jman06:
Stop posting rubbish!

If the VP spare tire position is your problem Igbo's are ready to relinquish it to you!

And we can't remember how you were raising a dust, threatening that Igbos would boycott the election and PDP would lose the if Atiku did not pick his vice from your region?
Also, is it not because you think you have a chance of producing the next Vice President and potentially the president in either 2023 or 2027 that your erstwhile hero, Nnamdi Kanu has now become your sworn enemy because he's telling his followers to boycott the election on Saturday, which would certainly harm PDP? You see, you guys are just senseless hypocrites who criticize and condemn Yorubas for supporting their own and their interests while you do same if not more.
My own is that we must not hear any Biafla or death after this election because you are certain to lose again as always. Yorubas wll not abadon their son and interest. Omo eni ko se'di bebere ki a fi ileke si idi omo elomiran.

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Will Win Because This Election Is Between Yoruba And Igbo. by Godsonx2012: 5:18pm On Feb 14, 2019
Turantula:
Yeloba muslim and their foolishness is legendary, pretending they are supporting Buhari because of Osibande but we already know their antecedence they are supporting Buhari because he is a moozlem period. A Yeroba christian will never spill such a stupid trash.

So I am a Yoruba Muslim abi?
Don't worry you'll soon be sent to your potor land to go drink muddy water again.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Will Win Because This Election Is Between Yoruba And Igbo. by Nobody: 5:20pm On Feb 14, 2019
Jman06:
Stop posting rubbish!

So tell Obi to refuse to run with Atiku. There’s still 48hrs to become a man of honor.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Win Because This Election Is Between Yoruba And Igbo. by Gabriel004: 5:25pm On Feb 14, 2019
jamezman:
Absolute nonsense...

Zombies everywhere..
The thing pain you o.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Win Because This Election Is Between Yoruba And Igbo. by Nwadiuto247: 5:46pm On Feb 14, 2019
Godsonx2012:

God bless you.

Buhari picked Igbo sons twice in the past elections as his running mates and Igbos did not vote for him. Go check historical facts before coming here to talk rubbish.

Igbos dont play silly politics like you people.

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Will Win Because This Election Is Between Yoruba And Igbo. by chemgee: 5:48pm On Feb 14, 2019
SouthEastFacts:

If Buhari wins, have you bothered to think about what will happen to yorubas from 2023 henceforth?

Don't mind the myopic tribalist, they think that by voting PMB cos of PYO, the north will return the favour just like that, see how they disgraced them during the HOR race wen they choose their own (dogara) despite tinubu leading the SW to vote tambwa as against a southerner

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Win Because This Election Is Between Yoruba And Igbo. by Obi1kenobi(m): 5:50pm On Feb 14, 2019
Godsonx2012:

God bless you.

Interesting. You can't remember a time that the SE voted for Obasanjo en masse? TWICE? You're more than free to vote along tribal lines. Just don't revise history to whitewash your intentions.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Will Win Because This Election Is Between Yoruba And Igbo. by RTSC: 5:54pm On Feb 14, 2019
These people sef.

We will vote our own and you will vote your own.

And when we get to 2023 and beyond, we will also continue along that line.

We will see who will lose in the long run. Bigoted nitwits.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Win Because This Election Is Between Yoruba And Igbo. by Godsonx2012: 5:54pm On Feb 14, 2019
Nwadiuto247:

Buhari picked Igbo sons twice in the past elections as his running mates and Igbos did not vote for him. Go check historical facts before coming here to talk rubbish.

Igbos dont play silly politics like you people.

Which historical facts and which silly politics? You people cry of marginalization because of you sentimental and hateful politics you play and when it comes back hurting you, you wail like ORO.
See, you are about committing another political suicide that will come to haunt you but your hatred won't allow you to see.
Let us just her any Biafla or death after this election: you'll be made to drink muddy water.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Will Win Because This Election Is Between Yoruba And Igbo. by RTSC: 5:57pm On Feb 14, 2019
chemgee:

Don't mind the myopic tribalist, they think that by voting PMB cos of PYO, the north will return the favour just like that, see how they disgraced them during the HOR race wen they choose their own (dogara) despite tinubu leading the SW to vote tambwa as against a southerner
It's very simple calculation.
If they intend to play bigoted politics like awolowo, they would see what awolowo saw.

We will just vote against them anytime they run at any strata of government regardless of party.

In the presidency, or in the national assembly.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Win Because This Election Is Between Yoruba And Igbo. by modath(f): 5:57pm On Feb 14, 2019
Oyimeoyimemua:

That y'all called Zoo & wanted to burn down not too long ago? Yes it's really & truly one najeriya. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Win Because This Election Is Between Yoruba And Igbo. by SouthEastFacts: 5:57pm On Feb 14, 2019
chemgee:

Thank you Boss. Just tell them. The West doesn't learn. Never

The North betrayed them to grab the Speakership during Tambuwal, did it again during Dogara inspite of all the Tinubu's support to their Presidency.

During the period it was rumored that buhari died in London, the North hurriedly rushed a bill in the senate that will make it constitutional for a VP to conduct election within 6 months a President dies and again the VP will not stand for that election.

The bill progressed to second reading and was killed when Buhari returned to Abuja. This didn't teach the West any lesson. They are still thinking Osinbanjo will win 2023

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Win Because This Election Is Between Yoruba And Igbo. by Obi1kenobi(m): 5:59pm On Feb 14, 2019
SouthEastFacts:

More likely, if they play their cards right, they'll get the support of the North, which will guarantee them the Presidency. The honest truth is Ndigbo have burnt too many bridges lately with the rhetoric of too many reckless sons like Nnamdi Kanu, so we are short of allies.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Win Because This Election Is Between Yoruba And Igbo. by modath(f): 6:00pm On Feb 14, 2019
Obi1kenobi:

Interesting. You can't remember a time that the SE voted for Obasanjo en masse? TWICE? You're more than free to vote along tribal lines. Just don't revise history to whitewash your intentions.

Falae was Yoruba candidate, AD was the party, Obasanjo was PDP & the military's candidate... Lets not try to rewrite history. smiley

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Win Because This Election Is Between Yoruba And Igbo. by RTSC: 6:02pm On Feb 14, 2019
The east already has the pdp which have proven very fruitful in the national assembly with regards to the Senate deputy leadership and the SEDC which we hope will get approved by buhari.

The apc has Yoruba, who are only relevant as long as the northern elements in the party don't have any opposing interests.

What igbos would do is reap the benefits of our pdp majority, and then donate our votes to the northern apc blocs against Yoruba interests.
We will just sit back and watch like in the case of saraki and dogara.

Two can play.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Win Because This Election Is Between Yoruba And Igbo. by Obi1kenobi(m): 6:02pm On Feb 14, 2019
Godsonx2012:

Which historical facts and which silly politics? You people cry of marginalization because of you sentimental and hateful politics you play and when it comes back hurting you, you wail like ORO.
See, you are about committing another political suicide that will come to haunt you but your hatred won't allow you to see.
Let us just her any Biafla or death after this election: you'll be made to drink muddy water.

It's "political suicide" to reject a government that has utterly failed by any substantive measure?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Win Because This Election Is Between Yoruba And Igbo. by NothingDoMe: 6:03pm On Feb 14, 2019
chemgee:

Funny how other tribes belive they can control Nigerian politics to their favour at their own will.

The north stands to gain from voting Atiku more than Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Win Because This Election Is Between Yoruba And Igbo. by RTSC: 6:03pm On Feb 14, 2019
modath:

Falae was Yoruba candidate, AD was the party, Obasanjo was PDP & the military's candidate... Lets not try to rewrite history. smiley
Obasanjo is an ijaw man, I guess.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breaking: Imo Supreme Court Review, International Observers Storm Abuja To Monit / Imo Commissioner Willy Amadi Caught In Sex Scandal Tape / LP Supporters Physically And Cyber Stalking The CJN Of Nigeria With Defamation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.