Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,691 members, 7,854,979 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 11:09 AM

The 15 Ancient Gods And Goddesses Of The Roman Council - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The 15 Ancient Gods And Goddesses Of The Roman Council (602 Views)

See The 15 Year Old Boy Who Got The Highest Score In 2019 Jamb / List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days / TheĀ 15 Largest Things OnĀ earth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 15 Ancient Gods And Goddesses Of The Roman Council by Nobody: 7:06pm On Feb 14, 2019
Disclaimer: Thread has been open for non sheeples, please don't derail (sheeples and creationism followers).

I'll write in the two columns, the Roman gods on the left side, and their Greek (Olympian equivalents) on the right. i.e. Jupiter, for example, is the king of the gods in roman mythology and Zeus is also king of the gods, but now in Greek mythology.
Furthermore, an interesting fact you need know is that 6 of the 8 planets in our solar system had got their names from a Roman god/goddess (excluding only the earth and uranus), subsequently, dwarf planets like pluto and ceres also got their names from Roman gods, perhaps eres too got its name (from the god, ares).
Without much ado;

1. Jupiter (King of the gods) - 1. Zeus
2. Juno (Queen of the Gods) - 2. Hera
3. Mars (God of war) - 3. Ares
4. Mercury (God of profit) - 4. Hermes
5. Venus (Goddess of Love) - 5. Aphrodite
6. Neptune (God of the sea) - 6. Poseidon
7. Pluto (God of the Underworld) - 7. Hades
8. Minerva (Goddess of wisdom) - 8. Athena
9. Apollo (God of music) - 9. Apollo (remains unchanged)
10. Diana (Goddess of the Hunt) - 10. Artemis
11. Vulcan (God of the volcanoes) - 11. Hephaestus
12. Ceres (Goddess of Agriculture) - 12. Demeter
13. Bacchus (God of wine) - 13. Dionysus
14. Vesta (Goddess of hearth) - 14. Hestia
15. Saturn (God of time) - 15. Kronos
Re: The 15 Ancient Gods And Goddesses Of The Roman Council by Nobody: 9:19pm On Feb 15, 2019
Durentt:
Disclaimer: Thread has been open for non sheeples, please don't derail (sheeples and creationism followers).

I'll write in the two columns, the Roman gods on the left side, and their Greek (Olympian equivalents) on the right. i.e. Jupiter, for example, is the king of the gods in roman mythology and Zeus is also king of the gods, but now in Greek mythology.
Furthermore, an interesting fact you need know is that 6 of the 8 planets in our solar system had got their names from a Roman god/goddess (excluding only the earth and uranus), subsequently, dwarf planets like pluto and ceres also got their names from Roman gods, perhaps eres too got its name (from the god, ares).
Without much ado;

wonderful, never thought that people like me exist in the world,
hey I 'll give a list of the Egyptian gods I know of
Rah-sun god
Osiris-god of life
Horus-falcon god
Anubis-god of the underworld
seth-god of ambos
hathur-goddess of the sky
thot-god of wisdom
that's all I can remember

nice op can you give the family relationship of the Greek gods,see it as a quiz question.
Re: The 15 Ancient Gods And Goddesses Of The Roman Council by Nobody: 9:24pm On Feb 15, 2019
zues is specifically the god of lighting while Hera is the goddess of marriage fertility and of the peacock, Hermes is the god of speed ,mainly why he is the messenger of the gods would have sworn that appolo was the god of light haphestus specifically the god of blacksmiths, etc.
Re: The 15 Ancient Gods And Goddesses Of The Roman Council by Nobody: 9:36pm On Feb 15, 2019
Chidorx60:
wonderful, never thought that people like me exist in the world,
hey I 'll give a list of the Egyptian gods I know of
Rah-sun god
Osiris-god of life
Horus-falcon god
Anubis-god of the underworld
seth-god of ambos
hathur-goddess of the sky
thot-god of wisdom
that's all I can remember

nice op can you give the family relationship of the Greek gods,see it as a quiz question.
I don't really know their family relationships yet, I just learnt their names and positions for a start.
Re: The 15 Ancient Gods And Goddesses Of The Roman Council by Nobody: 9:43pm On Feb 15, 2019
Durentt:
I don't really know their family relationships yet, I just learnt their names and positions for a start.
guess I would tell you them
zues is the brother of Poseidon and hades who are all children of kronos and rae
zues is also married to Hera his sister and with her he had ,Artemis,Athena,Ares,Apollo,haphestus,dionysus ,basically all the gods you named except demeter who is the mother of persephony.

if you do more study you will discover a lot of stories behind the personalities of the Greek gods,

but one thing am sure is that you will find them to be crazed,lustful sexual beings.
it leaves me wondering why they are called gods.
Re: The 15 Ancient Gods And Goddesses Of The Roman Council by teemy(m): 8:06am On Feb 16, 2019
Durentt:

No wonder, Bacchus tonic wine cheesy
Re: The 15 Ancient Gods And Goddesses Of The Roman Council by Nobody: 9:49am On Nov 29, 2019
What a big disappointment

(1) (Reply)

2 Ways To Have A Good Sleep Every Night... Must Read For All!!! / Can Different Name On My O Level Credentials Affect My Nysc Program / That Weird non-religious Genuis Level Classmate In University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.