Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,479 members, 7,819,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

Ipob Boycott Of Election. Ill Advised - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ipob Boycott Of Election. Ill Advised (292 Views)

"I Advised Atiku, Tinubu To Step Down For Younger Generation" - Wole Soyinka / #endsars: Nigerians Call For Boycott Of Access Bank For Freezing Protesters Acco / Enugu Council Poll: Cyms Calls For Cancellation Of Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ipob Boycott Of Election. Ill Advised by senatorbayor(m): 12:46am On Feb 15, 2019
My take on IPOB and BOYCOTT OF ELECTION..

Why Nnamdi Kanu should call off the Boycott

While it's the right of individual, group ,Tribe ,race to choose how to exercise their rights and privileges

It's also good to apply such rights in a way that it Will be beneficiary to themselves and their reasons for exercising such rights

I have always been an adovate of self expressions, a Democrat and lover of freedom of speech and a true Democrat

I love when people express their grievances using all legal means as long as their messages will get through

I equally stood by the IPOB in their agitation for true federalism , freedom from oppressors and a new nation

I was also a strong critics of this present gov't of buhari when it tagged IPOB as terrorist group

I made it clear that such tags wont stand
I proclaimed it dead on arrival

I stood firmly with their leader NK while he was unjustly detained and denied justice

I sounded a warning to this govt that their continous treatment of Nnamdi kanu will make him an hero

I was proved right thereafter

I equally condemned the invasion of Kanu home town by the military

It was obvious the govt was fighting a lost battle

If same gov't was soft on fulani herdsmen despite their killings and couldn't see their activisies as terrorism, then it has no justification to do so for the IPOB members who seems to have global acceptance and recognition

While I supported the IPOB and its leaders and some of their agitations, that didn't stop me when I condemned Nnamdi Kanu reappearance in Israel while he made a national broadcast condemning the lost of his DOG during the raid of his house before he escaped

I was filled with raged and felt his act was inhuman

I wrote an article which is circulated online about his act and condemned it so strongly

I made it clear that he never acted like a leader

A lot of my IGBO friends agreed with me and saw reasons in my opinion

Just some days ago.. Nigerians woke up to the news about an order that my good brothers and sisters from the east especially the good loving people of IPOB should boycott this coming election

At first, I took it as some electioneering gimmicks

Later when I saw some IPOB members rallying the state of anambra calling for boycott, i felt this was wrongly advised

While I am an advocate of people obeying their leaders , i think leaders should equally feel the impulse of their followers and give directives that will be beneficiaries

This call for boycott is completely ill advised

It won't do the igbo race a good deal

You can't sit at home to make a statement especially when the election is all about what you have been agitating for

We've heard of marginalization and calls for restructuring

If a political party decided to consider some of your agitation, the best to do is to order your members to support such party while you use your numerical strength to negotiate a better deal for your people

IPOB is more of a pressure group now
That doesn't mean they should become a political group. (It's a choice)

We've seen so many pressure group using its peer influence to change govt policy

This is what I am expecting from NNAMDI Kanu and his group

At this juncture

I urge Nnamdi kanu to retract his calls for boycott and urge his people to go out enmass and follow the party that they feel has the interest of their people at heart...

Boycotting a general election at this decisive time is not a good idea ..

It has been established that the IPOB group is a big influential group and its leaders commands great respect from them

They should seize this privilege to make a statement

Use their numerical strength to right the wrongs of the past and make their members stakeholders in this nation

The contributions of the IGBO people to Nigeria economy is too great for them to play second fiddle

Without much ado, I urge all my brothers and sisters in the eastern states and accross Nigeria to come out enmass and cast their votes to the party that seems to have put them into consideration

The IPOB as a group have come to stay

They are part of a better Nigeria and together we shall make Nigeria work again

I shall be tagging this post to all IPOB and biafra agitators now hoping we get a change of order before the date of election which is just one day now

Senatorbayor writes from his cubicle
14/02/19

Re: Ipob Boycott Of Election. Ill Advised by rusher14: 1:08am On Feb 15, 2019
So na this your letter make am call off the boycott abi?
Re: Ipob Boycott Of Election. Ill Advised by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:47am On Feb 15, 2019
The hunch back troublemaker just dey play him followers like table tennis.... go to fp for the latest by the criminal!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Blac Chyna And Soulja Boy End Their Relationship Days After Becoming Lovers�� / Mr Frank Fixed Game Match Company..... Available And 101%sure / Toyota Camry For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.