Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,622 members, 7,820,206 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Number Of Pvcs Exceeds Total Registered Voters In Oyo. INEC Explains - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Number Of Pvcs Exceeds Total Registered Voters In Oyo. INEC Explains (22508 Views)

INEC Explains Why They Refuse To Accept Admittance Of Documents In Evidence / INEC Explains How the BVAS Machines Work (Video) / APC: INEC Explains Why Lawan, Akpabio, Umahi Were Excluded From Their List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Number Of Pvcs Exceeds Total Registered Voters In Oyo. INEC Explains by Hollowshaft222(m): 7:28am On Feb 15, 2019
Apc would surely rig the election

Check my signature to migrate to Canada
Re: Number Of Pvcs Exceeds Total Registered Voters In Oyo. INEC Explains by lx3as(m): 7:31am On Feb 15, 2019
DMerciful:
INEC should explain why number of cards produced exceed number of registered voters

The write-up says, some people relocated their PVCs to the state, their new location.

3 Likes

Re: Number Of Pvcs Exceeds Total Registered Voters In Oyo. INEC Explains by Omeokachie: 7:36am On Feb 15, 2019
What sort of explanation is this from INEC
Re: Number Of Pvcs Exceeds Total Registered Voters In Oyo. INEC Explains by SmithRussell(m): 7:37am On Feb 15, 2019
The number of PVC exceeds the number of registered voters and uncle is saying that they are dead. . So they died and unregistered themselves . . So which data them use print the PVC. .

Abi na me no read the tory well
Re: Number Of Pvcs Exceeds Total Registered Voters In Oyo. INEC Explains by Anambra1stSon(m): 7:39am On Feb 15, 2019
5thElement:

When they voted for Goodluck Jonathan in an election he conducted what happened?
Election now is between north vs north
Re: Number Of Pvcs Exceeds Total Registered Voters In Oyo. INEC Explains by Anambra1stSon(m): 7:42am On Feb 15, 2019
5thElement:

When they voted for Goodluck Jonathan in an election he conducted what happened?
Election now is between north vs north eastern votes Will determine who become next president

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Number Of Pvcs Exceeds Total Registered Voters In Oyo. INEC Explains by mknigeriagreat: 7:44am On Feb 15, 2019
post=75744765:

When I told dumb brains here that west top on uncollected PVCs they thought I was joking, Oyo has 2.1 PVCs collected and 786,294 uncollected, while Anambra has 2.4 million PVCs collected and 134,564 uncollected, collected PVCs are what matters most not numbers of registered voters, thank God NK has called off election boycott, just watch how 10 eastern states will vote tomorrow.

And your sharp brain that is working upside down doesnt know that the same anambra state governor has been shouting the achievements of PMB for the past one year. Outside Imo state my instinct has been telling me Anambra will give PMB the highest number of votes to APC this saturday in the south east. You think the governor giving accolades to the president all these while doesnt know what he is doing. Sit down there calculating numbers while real voters are on ground waiting to vote. Live updates from my ward await you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Number Of Pvcs Exceeds Total Registered Voters In Oyo. INEC Explains by Nobody: 7:45am On Feb 15, 2019
post=75745379:

Election now is between north vs north

You are missing the point.

The question is what difference would Southeast votes make to the overall if they aren't considered "swing votes". i.e votes that if added can turn the tide in favor of a candidate

3 Likes

Re: Number Of Pvcs Exceeds Total Registered Voters In Oyo. INEC Explains by Nobody: 7:45am On Feb 15, 2019
Salvador1:
In Oyo 2.9m registered 2.1m collected

In Kastina 3.2m registered 3.1m collected

When will South get sense

The south is too wise to vote. Meanwhile, too wise is no wise and this is why north will continue to determine Nigeria President . Bad politician are elected by good people who do not vote.

2 Likes

Re: Number Of Pvcs Exceeds Total Registered Voters In Oyo. INEC Explains by Mac2016(m): 7:46am On Feb 15, 2019
HE HAS EXPLAINED NOTHING
Re: Number Of Pvcs Exceeds Total Registered Voters In Oyo. INEC Explains by agabusta: 7:46am On Feb 15, 2019
Nbote:
Which kind explanation b dis?? If some of d ppl are dead and others transferred how exactly is d number of PVCs still more than d number of registered voters? It is actually supposed to b d other way around becos d dead names would still b in their register while those who applied for transfer would have both their PVCs transferred and names removed.. There is still no way d number of PVCs should exceed d number of registered voters... Every PVC is supposed to appear on their register so INEC shld tell Nigerians how dey have PVCs dat aren't on their register. Dis excuses is dumb and daft

Look at it this way, if 20,000 people who has already collected PVC ported out of the state, they'll still be part of PVC collected.

If another 30,000 people ported to the state, INEC will have to produce new PVCs for them.

1 Like

Re: Number Of Pvcs Exceeds Total Registered Voters In Oyo. INEC Explains by Ezeemm(m): 7:47am On Feb 15, 2019
Admin4322:
The number of Permanent Voter Cards in Oyo State is 28,539 higher than the number of registered voters in the state, The PUNCH has learnt.

While the aggregate of available PVCs is 2,962,646, the number of registered voters stands at 2,934,107.

A record obtained by our correspondent from the Independent National Electoral Commission’s office in Ibadan, the state capital, on Thursday showed that 2,176,352 PVCs had been collected.

But the commission’s Head of Publicity in the state, Mr Olayiwola Awolowo, explained the causes of the discrepancy in the figures.

Awolowo explained that some of the owners of the uncollected PVCs are dead, while others had transferred their details to their new locations.

He also stated that non-sensitive materials had been distributed to INEC offices across the local government areas in the state.

He said sensitive materials were at the Central Bank branch in the state, adding that they would be distributed at the appropriate time.

Awolowo said, “The total number of uncollected PVCs is 786,294 while 2 176,352 PVCs have been collected.

“The total number of registered voters is 2,934,107. The difference in the figures of the PVCs and registered voters is because some owners of the uncollected PVCs are dead while some have been transferred.

“All the sensitive materials have been distributed to the INEC offices across the state. As for the sensitive materials, they are still with the CBN. We will call party agents and journalists to witness the distribution of the materials as soon as we are ready.”

Awolowo stated further that all INEC offices in the state had been secured against attacks by security agents, adding that the commission was fully prepared for the Saturday presidential and National Assembly elections.

He said 946 card readers were available as backup for those that might malfunction during the exercise, adding that 1,607 new polling units had been created across the state to ease the process.

Source:https://punchng.com/number-of-pvcs-exceeds-total-registered-voters-in-oyo/

For Someone's card to be primed, the person has to be registered. So whether dead or change in location, it's a simple mathematics the numbers are supposed to be the same. These cards are supposed to fall under uncollected not unregistered.

1 Like

Re: Number Of Pvcs Exceeds Total Registered Voters In Oyo. INEC Explains by Nobody: 7:49am On Feb 15, 2019
mknigeriagreat:

And your sharp brain that is working upside down doesnt know that the same anambra state governor has been shouting the achievements of PMB for the past one year. Outside Imo state my instinct has been telling me Anambra will give PMB the highest number of votes to APC this saturday in the south east. You think the governor giving accolades to the president all these while doesnt know what he is doing. Sit down there calculating numbers while real voters are on ground waiting to vote. Live updates from my ward await you.

I want to vote Buhari but please tell me his numerous unseen achievements in Southeast
Re: Number Of Pvcs Exceeds Total Registered Voters In Oyo. INEC Explains by Nbote(m): 7:51am On Feb 15, 2019
agabusta:

Look at it this way, if 20,000 people who has already collected PVC ported out of the state, they'll still be part of PVC collected.

If another 30,000 people ported to the state, INEC will have to produce new PVCs for them.

I get dat... D discrepancies is in d number of REGISTERED voters and d number of PVCs... If ppl are porting their names are removed from d register and their PVCs sent to dem. If ppl are porting to d state their names are added to d register and their PVCs sent down to d state.. In d end those extra figures have still not been accounted for
Re: Number Of Pvcs Exceeds Total Registered Voters In Oyo. INEC Explains by adanny01(m): 7:52am On Feb 15, 2019
Nbote:
Which kind explanation b dis?? If some of d ppl are dead and others transferred how exactly is d number of PVCs still more than d number of registered voters? It is actually supposed to b d other way around becos d dead names would still b in their register while those who applied for transfer would have both their PVCs transferred and names removed.. There is still no way d number of PVCs should exceed d number of registered voters... Every PVC is supposed to appear on their register so INEC shld tell Nigerians how dey have PVCs dat aren't on their register. Dis excuses is dumb and daft

When you are transfered, you cease to be a registered voter in the state but you PVC shows up there. In that case your PVC can be in Oyo but you are not registered there.

Will a dead man remain in the registered?

1 Like

Re: Number Of Pvcs Exceeds Total Registered Voters In Oyo. INEC Explains by Nbote(m): 7:58am On Feb 15, 2019
adanny01:

When you are transfered, you cease to be a registered voter in the state but you PVC shows up there. In that case your PVC can be in Oyo but you are not registered there.

Will a dead man remain in the registered?

Wen U apply for transfer, Ur PVC and ur name is removed from d ward where U are registered and sent to ur new location dat is why it is called transfer of PVC and voter register
Was it d dead man dat informed INEC of his death? INEC is assuming some of d registered voters are dead which is natural cos ppl die everyday but INEC in no way removes names except of such dead ppl jus like dat. If INEC took d pain to remove his name from d register why didn't dey also remove and destroy his PVC?

1 Like

Re: Number Of Pvcs Exceeds Total Registered Voters In Oyo. INEC Explains by koyeni(m): 8:03am On Feb 15, 2019
sad inec

Check my signature if u need a good laptop
Re: Number Of Pvcs Exceeds Total Registered Voters In Oyo. INEC Explains by agabusta: 8:05am On Feb 15, 2019
Nbote:

I get dat... D discrepancies is in d number of REGISTERED voters and d number of PVCs... If ppl are porting their names are removed from d register and their PVCs sent to dem. If ppl are porting to d state their names are added to d register and their PVCs sent down to d state.. In d end those extra figures have still not been accounted for

You are right about the register.

But that is correct only if INEC has already deducted from the PVC collection data, those that have ported out of the state.

I suspect they are not as detailed as that. It's the former PVC collection data, that they are just adding the newly collected ones to.

My cousin for instance transferred his PVC from Oyo to Lagos last year April. A new PVC has been printed for him in Lagos, which he has collected.
Re: Number Of Pvcs Exceeds Total Registered Voters In Oyo. INEC Explains by dukeprince50: 8:06am On Feb 15, 2019
mycar:
If you like vote for Atiku, if you like vote for the lifeless one, all of us will enjoy or suffer it together.
If not for stupidity, if both of them were young with the same level of thinking and cognition and looking for a job in your company, who would you employ first to manage your company for the good of company.
to be honest, I'll take Buhari, his economic policy is very slow but he is really a good man inside, with all the Npower, tradermoni, railways, Agricultural sector revitalization etc, I'll choose him, Atiku is not bad either but I'll choose Buhari because the little I know about Atiku was when he was a VP and Obasanjo then really stole Nigerians money, Atiku is just suffering cos of wat Obasanjo did and I can't let him be in my company cos I don't know if he is like his master, to before armed is to before warned, forget campaign promises. But I have known Buhari to be a good guy. who would u choose

2 Likes

Re: Number Of Pvcs Exceeds Total Registered Voters In Oyo. INEC Explains by adanny01(m): 8:09am On Feb 15, 2019
Nbote:

Wen U apply for transfer, Ur PVC and ur name is removed from d ward where U are registered and sent to ur new location dat is why it is called transfer of PVC and voter register
Was it d dead man dat informed INEC of his death? INEC is assuming some of d registered voters are dead which is natural cos ppl die everyday but INEC in no way removes names except of such dead ppl jus like dat. If INEC took d pain to remove his name from d register why didn't dey also remove and destroy his PVC?

So you think its one man that is INEC. Just because one voter has been removed from the register because he is reported to be dead, his PVC which might have been sent for product which is a third party contract will just stop immediately. Or if already produced, INEC will follow it and destroy it.

You didn't even think of those who are not dead but transfered. If the transfered voter pvc arrived his former destination, what tells you about PVC production.

When you transfer, your old pvc which carries your old polling unit number cannot be used in the new polling unit and therefore useless to send it there.

1 Like

Re: Number Of Pvcs Exceeds Total Registered Voters In Oyo. INEC Explains by agabusta: 8:10am On Feb 15, 2019
Nbote:

No please. The PVCs are not sent.

New ones are produced. Don't forget that the previous PVC will already be assigned a polling unit, ward and local govt of the previous state. All these details and number are on the card.

That is why, if you transfer your registration details to another state, new cards are produced. Because you also have to be assigned a local govt, ward and polling unit in the new state. All these details and number are printed on the new card.

In contrast to what a lot of people say, what is transferred is actually the registration details and not the PVC.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Number Of Pvcs Exceeds Total Registered Voters In Oyo. INEC Explains by Picienza: 8:11am On Feb 15, 2019
Re: Number Of Pvcs Exceeds Total Registered Voters In Oyo. INEC Explains by Modarun(m): 8:12am On Feb 15, 2019
MANNABBQGRlLLS:
INEC should know that Nigerians are watching them. They should not do anything funny oo. No rigging against PDP will be allowed.

Vote and defend your votes Nigerians.
If the infamous rotten meat seller can Atikulate, that means Nigeria is about to enter into its glory days.

1 Like

Re: Number Of Pvcs Exceeds Total Registered Voters In Oyo. INEC Explains by kizwid(m): 8:20am On Feb 15, 2019
Nbote:
Which kind explanation b dis?? If some of d ppl are dead and others transferred how exactly is d number of PVCs still more than d number of registered voters? It is actually supposed to b d other way around becos d dead names would still b in their register while those who applied for transfer would have both their PVCs transferred and names removed while those porting to d state would still have their names included in d register and their PVCs sent down to d state. There is still no way d number of PVCs should exceed d number of registered voters... Every PVC is supposed to appear on their register so INEC shld tell Nigerians how dey have PVCs dat aren't on their register. Dis excuse is dumb and daft...
INEC SHLD TELL NIGERIANS WHY DEY HAVE OVER 20000 PVCs DAT ISN'T CAPTURED IN THEIR REGISTER

Thanks... Now dis explanation makes some sense.. Thanks for d enlightenment
tor my brother, i thought i can't and understand again untill i saw your quote
Re: Number Of Pvcs Exceeds Total Registered Voters In Oyo. INEC Explains by Friend01(m): 8:21am On Feb 15, 2019
post=75744765:

When I told dumb brains here that west top on uncollected PVCs they thought I was joking, Oyo has 2.1 PVCs collected and 786,294 uncollected, while Anambra has 2.4 million PVCs collected and 134,564 uncollected, collected PVCs are what matters most not numbers of registered voters, thank God NK has called off election boycott, just watch how 10 eastern states will vote tomorrow.

Oga, stop giving yourself false hopes.
As if you don't have easterners who will vote Buhari.
keep deluding yourself.
tomorrow no far again.

2 Likes

Re: Number Of Pvcs Exceeds Total Registered Voters In Oyo. INEC Explains by kizwid(m): 8:31am On Feb 15, 2019
alabi484:

Bros,you read the post at all?
bros the post is vague... in all the point he listed, people die, people been transfer shouldn't make the pvc available more than registered voters...
abi?

20 people registered to vote
12 people collected thier pvc
6 people been transferred
2 people die...
in all, in all, number of available pvc still should be 20
not 25 or what have you
Re: Number Of Pvcs Exceeds Total Registered Voters In Oyo. INEC Explains by agabusta: 8:50am On Feb 15, 2019
kizwid:

bros the post is vague... in all the point he listed, people die, people been transfer shouldn't make the pvc available more than registered voters...
abi?

20 people registered to vote
12 people collected thier pvc
6 people been transferred
2 people die...
in all, in all, number of available pvc still should be 20
not 25 or what have you

No sir. Lets say the 6 people who transferred has already collected their PVC and this shows on the PVC collection database.

Now, another 8 people transfer their voter registration to Oyo state. New PVCs will have to printed for this 8 people. If the 8 people turn up to collect the PVC, INEC will also add them to the PVC collection database. Which increases the likelyhood of the PVC collection data to be higher than the voter register.

Kindly note that when a voter is transferred, their names are removed from the voter register of that state and sent to that of the other state.

What is not clear is if those that transfer after collecting their PVC are equally removed from the PVC collection database.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Number Of Pvcs Exceeds Total Registered Voters In Oyo. INEC Explains by cambukad: 8:55am On Feb 15, 2019
get your game fix correct score for today game call or whatsapp us

Re: Number Of Pvcs Exceeds Total Registered Voters In Oyo. INEC Explains by GoodGovernance: 10:13am On Feb 15, 2019
SmithRussell:
The number of PVC exceeds the number of registered voters and uncle is saying that they are dead. . So they died and unregistered themselves . . So which data them use print the PVC. .

Abi na me no read the tory well

Simple.

1.Names of registered deaths have been removed from the voter' register, after their PVCs must have been printed.Remember some PVCs printed in 2015 are yet to be collected.

So, many printed PVCs will belong to those that have been deleted from the voters register due to registered deaths,since 2015.

2.Relocation of voters could also mean some voters had applied for relocation to say Lagos.So their names must have been deleted from the list of registered voters in Oyo,whereas their PVCs had already been printed.The PVCs are now invalid and they would have to collect new ones from their new location.
Re: Number Of Pvcs Exceeds Total Registered Voters In Oyo. INEC Explains by senatordave1(m): 10:22am On Feb 15, 2019
Oyo results
Apc 600,000
Pdp 400,000
Re: Number Of Pvcs Exceeds Total Registered Voters In Oyo. INEC Explains by babatrigga(m): 10:34am On Feb 15, 2019
Rubbish people sad

Rotimi Amechi Reveals How INEC Is Working For PDP In Rivers State

https://www.basenaija.com/2019/02/rotimi-amechi-reveals-how-inec-is.html
Re: Number Of Pvcs Exceeds Total Registered Voters In Oyo. INEC Explains by themanderon: 10:58am On Feb 15, 2019
The monumental rigging that they will try to do tomorrow is mind blowing but they will all be drowned in the red sea of shame.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Udom Visits Family Of Late Policeman, Offers Wife Employment. Photos / Anambra Government Celebrates Ojukwu's 84th Posthumous Birthday (Video) / Osinbajo Testifies In Church For God's Protection And Victory At The Polls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.