Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Help My System Is Not Displaying 32 Color Bit - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help My System Is Not Displaying 32 Color Bit (1856 Views)

Laptop Not Displaying Battery Power Signal, Why? / My 500gb WD External Harddrive Not Displaying When Plugged On Laptop / I Need The Audio Driver For Hp Compaq Nx6125 On Windows 7 Ultimate (32-bit) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help My System Is Not Displaying 32 Color Bit by Nobody: 1:51pm On Apr 23, 2007
Hi my fellow nairalanders,
i just got a system Compaq deskpro P3 1GHz, 256MB of RAM, and i now found out later on that on the screen resolution i only have these color bits

med-16bit
high-24bit, no 32 bit at all

and this is really affecting the display of some of my games,and the previously one i was using is just P3 500MHz and it has both 24bit and 32 bit as the highest.
What could be the problem?The Graphics controller is INTEL 81825 adapter and it is also integrated.
PLS HELEP ME FAST MY FELLOW NAIRALANDERS
Re: Help My System Is Not Displaying 32 Color Bit by sbucareer(f): 6:22pm On Apr 23, 2007

My recommendation is to buy a new graphic card. If you use your box for games, you are better off with a none integrated graphic card. You cannot accelerate your current card beyond 24-bits. That is the highest color depth set by the manufacturer.
Buy a new PCI/PCI-E graphics card. Make sure your board supports PCI-E before buying one.

Also buy a PCI sound card make sure that it is from 32-bits, since you are into games. If money was not an issue, I would have recommend monitor with DVI interface. Make sure your graphic card is 3D drawable and install direct-draw version 10 upwards.

Note
You can buy a graphic card that supports 64-bits color depth. If you have money buy SLI technology from Nvida
Re: Help My System Is Not Displaying 32 Color Bit by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 24, 2007
thanks sbucareer for that lovely reply,
but i dont really understand what you were trying to pass across,someone told me i should get the updated version of the graphics controller driver,though i've donwloaded it but it has not been run on my system.
But how could compaq should have done that?
pls kindly give me details on what to do and what exactly to buy,
Thanks so much
Re: Help My System Is Not Displaying 32 Color Bit by sbucareer(f): 10:07am On Apr 24, 2007

The graphic controller is set to only draw up to 24-bits. Downloading and installing a new driver cannot change that. The pixels and color depth are set in the hardware controller.

Besides, any integrated hardware like (Sound card, graphic card, Modem, etc. are really not good for gamers) because they uses the onboard CPU. If you buy a separate card, most of them have their own memory and CPU integrated into them allowing your CPU to deal with other calculations hence, improving the speed of your system.

If your onboard controller is an AGP (Accelerated Graphic Port) technology then it might be possible to download a new driver that could accelerate the color depth to 32-bit, but it is rarely.

Check from your system info to get the correct details of your onboard graphic card.

If you have money my recommendation would be to get a new motherboard that has SLI technology and supports for high dual channel DDR2 800.

Buy Nvidia graphic card with DVI interface with at least 512MB memory.

Change your monitor to one of the supported [url=http://www.pricegrabber.co.uk/search.php?form_keyword=dvi%20monitors&mode=g_uk_b_s&skd=1]DVI interface[/url].

Load your system with at least 4GB RAM with 250GB SATA Hard drive. The motherboard is 64-bits architecture, so if you are going to run MAC/Windows, choose the OS that is 64 bits like Vista Ultimate 64-bits.

If money is a big issue, normally it is with everyone, then just change your graphic card to a simple PCI card with VGA interface and install latest direct-draw.
Re: Help My System Is Not Displaying 32 Color Bit by Nobody: 2:34pm On Apr 24, 2007
Thanks again sbucareer,
but how can i get to know if my onboard controller is AGP technology?But i guess it is so, in the case of me getting a new video card, that option is out for now.
There should still be a remedy for that cos it is just showing-(High 24 bit),not even true color or highest, lets assume that it's showing highest or true color as 24 bit i wont even bother myself searching for the driver,so that means there still must be something to be done for the 32 bit color to come up.
I dont know if you can also help me get the latest driver for the graphics controller the device is INTEL 82815 graphics controller,i would be very glad if you can help me with the driver the ones have been seeing i was asked to pay b4 i download it.
Kindly help me fast.

(1) (Reply)

Understanding Laptop Processors / 20 Free Customise Sms / Samsung Mini Laptop For Sale(lagos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.