Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,632 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:15 PM

I Haven’t Fled Nigeria —obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Haven’t Fled Nigeria —obasanjo (303 Views)

Bode George: Mu’azu Fled Nigeria Day Before 2015 Presidential Poll / Igboho To Benin Court: I Fled Nigeria To Avoid Being Killed / Tax Defaulters In Nigeria: Obasanjo, Davido, Omisore, Others Top 19,000 List (2) (3) (4)

(1)

I Haven’t Fled Nigeria —obasanjo by chinwe1960: 7:02pm On Feb 15, 2019
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Friday said he has not fled Nigeria , contrary to a social media report that he had travelled out of the county ahead of the presidential election scheduled for Saturday .

Obasanjo spoke with newsmen at his Presidential Library, Abeokuta , describing the Social media post as “ fake news. ”

The former president was reacting to a Facebook post of one Gbenga Lawal who posted : “ Breaking: Obasanjo jets out of Nigeria. He can’ t even wait for the thief he is imposing on Nigerians . ”

In his reaction , Obasanjo said “ Why should I travel out of the country before the election?

“ If not for anything , I believe I should be here to perform my civic responsibility , which is to vote according to the dictate of my heart tomorrow and on the second of March .

“ Those who are carrying that type of rumour or fake news ; I leave them in the hands of God ; I am used to that kind of thing .

“ In Yoruba land, if your head is hard , you don ’ t have to worry yourself .

“ Let anybody tell lies against you , let anybody issue fake news against you , let anybody abuse you , God will deal with them rightly and appropriately . ”

Source :
StateReporter Newspaper
http://www.statereporters.com/2019/02/15/havent-fled-nigeria-obasanjo/

Re: I Haven’t Fled Nigeria —obasanjo by Mynd44: 7:09pm On Feb 15, 2019

(1)

Breaking: INEC Lifts Ban On Political Campaigns / Presidential Election: Photos As Nigerians Go Out To Vote / APC Wins In Agbaje’s Polling Unit-punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.