Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,948 members, 7,952,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:24 AM

Stay In Lagos Or Relocate To The South South? Advice. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Stay In Lagos Or Relocate To The South South? Advice. (1100 Views)

80k Job In Sokoto Or Relocate To Abuja To Hustle Please Advice. / Should I Stay In Nigeria Or Relocate To New Zealand For Job / 80k Job In Sokoto Or Relocate To Abuja To Hustle Please Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stay In Lagos Or Relocate To The South South? Advice. by CsRockefeller(m): 7:55pm On Feb 15, 2019
Guys, I have an OND and also a BSc, I applied for a Bank Teller job in Cross River. I was recently called to attend an interview next week Thursday using only my ND and I must be willing to relocate from Lagos.

Right now, I'm kinda jobless, but hopeful for some opportunities, do you think I should take d offer?

At most they may offer me 50k. Or I should still wait in Lagos for something better.

If I do get the job, I don't know where or who I will stay with. And if I get it, I won't be able to attend any upcoming job interviews /exams which I have applied for.
Re: Stay In Lagos Or Relocate To The South South? Advice. by yemi15(m): 11:18pm On Feb 15, 2019
CsRockefeller:
Guys, I have an OND and also a BSc, I applied for a Bank Teller job in Cross River. I was recently called to attend an interview next week Thursday using only my ND and I must be willing to relocate from Lagos.

Right now, I'm kinda jobless, but hopeful for some opportunities, do you think I should take d offer?

At most they may offer me 50k. Or I should still wait in Lagos for something better.

If I do get the job, I don't know where or who I will stay with. And if I get it, I won't be able to attend any upcoming job interviews /exams which I have applied for.

Bank teller job is at least 65k. It is DSA that is 50k+. You might want to consider that and the fact you will be earning at least 65k in way cheaper Cross River State unlike Lagos. My advice, accept the job offer and go to Cross River State if you have someone to stay with there or have money to resettle yourself to get an accommodation. You might even prefer the easygoing life there than the hustle and bustle in Lagos. Our youth is for taking risks, so why not take one at one's young age. My 2 cents.

10 Likes

Re: Stay In Lagos Or Relocate To The South South? Advice. by Ezypretty: 5:22am On Feb 16, 2019
take the offer and manage it for the mean time since you are working at the moment. half bread is better than none.

3 Likes

Re: Stay In Lagos Or Relocate To The South South? Advice. by obajoey(m): 5:48am On Feb 16, 2019
Before you take that job ask yourself how long do I intend to stay in this job? So you don't get trapped.
Will you be able to get other offers in the state you are going?
Will you be able to travel to any other state for interview in case you get an invite with a moderate savings for impromptu travelling?

Bro, there are some jobs that doesn't really pay well, but they add so much to the brain.
Beware of contract jobs most especially in the bank.

But you can still achieve all this if you are determined and ready to sacrifice many things.

But God knows better.

1 Like

Re: Stay In Lagos Or Relocate To The South South? Advice. by AgentGoat: 10:51am On Feb 16, 2019
Go take the job first.

Can you believe this guy undecided
Re: Stay In Lagos Or Relocate To The South South? Advice. by CsRockefeller(m): 2:13am On Feb 19, 2019
obajoey:
Before you take that job ask yourself how long do I intend to stay in this job? So you don't get trapped.
Will you be able to get other offers in the state you are going?
Will you be able to travel to any other state for interview in case you get an invite with a moderate savings for impromptu travelling?

Bro, there are some jobs that doesn't really pay well, but they add so much to the brain.
Beware of contract jobs most especially in the bank.

But you can still achieve all this if you are determined and ready to sacrifice many things.

But God knows better.

I'm idle and cash light at the moment. I really don't have any choice. It's a contract bank job but within a year, I could settle down.
Re: Stay In Lagos Or Relocate To The South South? Advice. by Mizwisdom(f): 6:03pm On Feb 19, 2019
You have seen job and you're here asking question? grin

(1) (Reply)

Action Against Hunger | Acf-international Job Recruitment (8 Positions) / Net Salary And Consolidated Salary Negotiation Offer. Urgent / Monitoring And Evaluation Job In Abuja With Accommodation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.