Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,433 members, 7,819,559 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Nairalander Solar Installations, Step And Guide With Pictures. - Technology Market (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Nairalander Solar Installations, Step And Guide With Pictures. (9770 Views)

Affordable Solar Installations / Windows 7 Installation And Formatting Guide With CD / Inverter Installations New Items For Cheap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalander Solar Installations, Step And Guide With Pictures. by dragnet: 12:25pm On Feb 18, 2019
terrymason:
breakers are used between panels and changer control and main(Phcn) and inverter.. so if am right you want a breaker for the panels and charger controller?

There are situations were breakers are used, not on every installation.
There are always breakers between battery bank and inverters, though some inverters have it inbuilt, others don't.
Re: Nairalander Solar Installations, Step And Guide With Pictures. by terrymason(m): 12:59pm On Feb 18, 2019
dragnet:

There are always breakers between battery bank and inverters, though some inverters have it inbuilt, others don't.
Typing...
Re: Nairalander Solar Installations, Step And Guide With Pictures. by wayisshut: 1:45pm On Feb 18, 2019
terrymason:
Thanks for the question..
I intentionally skip the connection process not to scare people who don't know about solar away.

It's a series parallel connection.
I made mistakes in the ratings initially, the panels are 200w 9amps 30v rating...

We connected 4 panels in series 32/4=8 and linked them in parrel, thereby increasing the panel volt to 120volt and 72amps(we had to increase the charge controller to 80amps to accommodate increased in amps that normally cause by high intensity of the sun)

Series Connection Linking positive and negative together thereby increases the Volt while amps remain constant.

Parallel Connection Linking poistive and positive or negative and negative together thereby increases the amps and volts remain constant

Check my hand drawn schematic diagram below (That's the connection we did for that installation)

How did you come about your 32/4 =8
Re: Nairalander Solar Installations, Step And Guide With Pictures. by terrymason(m): 1:51pm On Feb 18, 2019
wayisshut:

How did you come about your 32/4 =8
check my diagram.. above
Re: Nairalander Solar Installations, Step And Guide With Pictures. by terrymason(m): 1:57pm On Feb 18, 2019
dragnet:

Thanks.... Batteries connected in parallel need breaker more from the battery to the inverter...

In parallel connection the amps increases....
If you need more explanation i can show you in hand drawn diagram...

Gracias
Re: Nairalander Solar Installations, Step And Guide With Pictures. by terrymason(m): 2:00pm On Feb 18, 2019
tumababa:

An idea of the Prices will also help
Different installers have various prices... I will prefer to tell you off nairaland..
Beside the thread is for enlightenment purpose, that's why i didn't put my company's name or website...

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Solar Installations, Step And Guide With Pictures. by terrymason(m): 6:54pm On Feb 18, 2019
7.5kva installation
Check the picture below

From my explanation so far, who can state the Voltage of the inverter and how many amps is the whole batteries connected..

Tips: The batteries are connected in series and it's 12volt 200Ah for each..

Modify: 500 hundred naira airtime to the first person to get it correctly (Just to encourage you guys)
In the next 24hour i will answer it...

Re: Nairalander Solar Installations, Step And Guide With Pictures. by saxwizard(m): 7:35am On Feb 19, 2019
terrymason:
7.5kva installation
Check the picture below

From my explanation so far, who can state the Voltage of the inverter and how many amps is the whole batteries connected..

Modify: 500 hundred naira airtime to the first person to get it correctly (Just to encourage you guys)

120v

but then number of battery used is not stated
Re: Nairalander Solar Installations, Step And Guide With Pictures. by terrymason(m): 7:50am On Feb 19, 2019
saxwizard:

120v

but then number of battery used is not stated
From the picture they are 10..
5 batteries up and down.
Re: Nairalander Solar Installations, Step And Guide With Pictures. by saxwizard(m): 10:44am On Feb 19, 2019
terrymason:
From the picture they are 10.. 5 batteries up and down.

i think 120v
Re: Nairalander Solar Installations, Step And Guide With Pictures. by wayisshut: 11:02am On Feb 19, 2019
terrymason:
7.5kva installation
Check the picture below

You asked two questions

It is 200amps 120v

You asked two questions it is 200amps 120v
Re: Nairalander Solar Installations, Step And Guide With Pictures. by terrymason(m): 11:25am On Feb 19, 2019
wayisshut:

You asked two questions it is 200amps 120v
Sharp...

Send your number...

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Solar Installations, Step And Guide With Pictures. by wayisshut: 11:40am On Feb 19, 2019
terrymason:

Sharp...

Send your number...

Thanks

Please quote me so i can remove my number
Re: Nairalander Solar Installations, Step And Guide With Pictures. by wayisshut: 11:41am On Feb 19, 2019
terrymason:

Sharp...

Send your number...

Thanks
Re: Nairalander Solar Installations, Step And Guide With Pictures. by terrymason(m): 12:26pm On Feb 19, 2019
wayisshut:

Thanks
sent....
Thanks for answering
Re: Nairalander Solar Installations, Step And Guide With Pictures. by wayisshut: 12:46pm On Feb 19, 2019
terrymason:
sent....
Thanks for answering

Seen thanks
Re: Nairalander Solar Installations, Step And Guide With Pictures. by wayisshut: 10:27am On Feb 21, 2019
Whats up with your recent installations sir
Re: Nairalander Solar Installations, Step And Guide With Pictures. by terrymason(m): 10:55am On Feb 22, 2019
wayisshut:
Whats up with your recent installations sir
so sorry have not been able to update for a while...
Tomorrow i will...
Re: Nairalander Solar Installations, Step And Guide With Pictures. by terrymason(m): 3:49pm On Feb 23, 2019
5kva installation

I had to ignore the 3.5kva i wanted to update earlier, I will still write about it later on.

The 5kva installation was challenging, due to the fact that the client already had 5kva 48volts su-kam inverter installed and 500watts panel to charge the system.

Eventually the installation failed and the 500watts panels was just too small for the system and was wrongly position to get adequate sunlight during sun peak and set.
Re: Nairalander Solar Installations, Step And Guide With Pictures. by CubixNG: 5:13pm On Feb 23, 2019
We have panels
Re: Nairalander Solar Installations, Step And Guide With Pictures. by terrymason(m): 6:02pm On Feb 23, 2019
Panels unboxing,
The panels ratings are 250w 30v 9A
Total wattage is 5500.
6mm wire was used to link panels in series and parallel
Total panels installed was 22..
Panels have high efficiency, cause of the 3 tabbing wires on panel surface.

Normal installation challenges are hotness of roof and the right place to step on..

Check Pictures below.

Re: Nairalander Solar Installations, Step And Guide With Pictures. by saxwizard(m): 10:07pm On Feb 23, 2019
nice one
Re: Nairalander Solar Installations, Step And Guide With Pictures. by terrymason(m): 10:11pm On Feb 23, 2019
We had to use two charge controller
Rating 48v 90amps each
The panels were segmented to two portion to accommodate each charger controller..

1. Reason for two Charge controller was the unavailability of the normal rating for the installation
2. The client needed the installation done fast, so ordering from lagos will be time consuming.
3. The product we using is very reliable

Re: Nairalander Solar Installations, Step And Guide With Pictures. by terrymason(m): 10:20pm On Feb 23, 2019
Starting of installation of Solar panels

Re: Nairalander Solar Installations, Step And Guide With Pictures. by terrymason(m): 10:25pm On Feb 23, 2019
Panels installation completed...
The roof has been designed with panels cool

Re: Nairalander Solar Installations, Step And Guide With Pictures. by terrymason(m): 10:29pm On Feb 23, 2019
I will update on the inverter and the challenge we encounter when it was installed and was later changed entirely... Stay tune...

Drop a question if you need detail explanation..
Re: Nairalander Solar Installations, Step And Guide With Pictures. by dragnet: 11:44am On Feb 24, 2019
How did you connect the panels?
Re: Nairalander Solar Installations, Step And Guide With Pictures. by OgogoroFreak(m): 1:04pm On Feb 24, 2019
Interesting...

But, Why do people use low grade inverters like sukam? undecided
Re: Nairalander Solar Installations, Step And Guide With Pictures. by saxwizard(m): 1:54pm On Feb 24, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
Interesting...

sunkam low grade?

how?
Re: Nairalander Solar Installations, Step And Guide With Pictures. by terrymason(m): 8:11pm On Feb 24, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
Interesting...

i will update on that, we meet it there, the client already had that installed...

That su-kam started giving us issues
From main failure, which was fix to loud buzzing sound..

I recommend all new devices for installing, before a client will think you don't know what you doing when the previous device you meet there start giving issues
Re: Nairalander Solar Installations, Step And Guide With Pictures. by terrymason(m): 8:12pm On Feb 24, 2019
dragnet:
How did you connect the panels?
in series and parallel..
Two panels were connected in series before joining in parallel.
Re: Nairalander Solar Installations, Step And Guide With Pictures. by dragnet: 8:59pm On Feb 24, 2019
terrymason:
in series and parallel.. Two panels were connected in series before joining in parallel.
directly via mc4 connectors or ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Authentic Adidas Slides For Sale(NOW 10K EACH ONLY) / US used Iphone 6,6+,6s,6s Plus,se And Samsung S7edge & note 5 dual sim / Toshiba,500GB,2GB,Webcam,Bluetooth,6hours battery,Warranty@Cheap Price(Brand New

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.