Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,401 members, 7,954,584 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:43 PM

You Can Contribute Your Own Part To A Credible Election - NIGERIADECIDES2019 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Can Contribute Your Own Part To A Credible Election - NIGERIADECIDES2019 (268 Views)

Buhari: We’ll Ensure Peaceful, Credible Election In Ondo / Nsukka Residents Laud INEC On Credible Election In Edo / Akwa Ibom Elders: INEC Must Be Allowed To Conduct Free And Credible Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Can Contribute Your Own Part To A Credible Election - NIGERIADECIDES2019 by daves2ng(m): 4:39am On Feb 16, 2019
For almost the first time, it is now possible for the common citizen to actually report elections live as it happens and be a part of a credible election process in Nigeria.

Nigeria's democracy is still very much at its infancy stage and it is the collective responsibility of all her citizens to make sure this democracy grows and matures and Nigeria gets to where we all aspire it to get to.

2019 is another election here and we all have the responsibility to make sure that it is a success and surely it will be.

I was en route my destination on an Okada ride on election eve and a discussion ensued in line with the current 2019 elections with the Okada rider and he made a comment which has been prevalent for a while but hearing it again pricks my heart.

He said and I quote, "whether I come out tomorrow or not to vote, they already know who will become the next president".

What pains me is not whether he is saying the truth or not neither is it whether his statement is the reality or not, but what pains me is the fact that the same ideology has been on for so long and not expecting that at this stage in time and with technology, people still don't know and understand the power they wield in controlling the outcome of elections.

We as citizens need to be reminded that we have to power to choose whoever will be our leaders and not just some people someone who will make the selection for us.

If we don't have that power, politicians wouldn't be going about campaigning and soliciting for our votes. We just need a reorientation and an understanding that the power is in our hands and we need to exercise it.

As patriotic Nigerians and good citizens, the elections are starting on the 16th of February, 2019 with presidential and National Assembly seats, we are implored to go out en masse and vote for our chosen candidates.

While you are exercising your civic duties, please remember that;

YOU HAVE THE POWER TO CHOOSE WHO BECOMES THE NATION'S LEADER AND YOUR VOTE COUNTS.
DO NOT SELL YOUR VOTES
VOTE FOR YOUR CHOICE CANDIDATE BASED ON YOUR CONSCIENCE
DO NOT PARTAKE IN ELECTION VIOLENCE.
YOU CAN ALSO BE AN INDEPENDENT ELECTION MONITOR AND MAKE YOUR OWN CONTRIBUTiON TO CREDIBLE ELECTION
If you are a YALI Network member, you should also have gotten the memo from the United States Embassy about the crowd-funded election monitoring app where you as a citizen can also make your own contributions and report the elections proceedings for a credible 2019 polls.

If you are not a YALI NETWORK member yet, you can simply follow this link to join and get lots of benefits like free online courses for personal development, business development and more especially to make your voice heard with regards to free and fair elections by joining #9JAVOTES2019. Click here to Join

The name of the App is called ZABE and it can easily be downloaded to your Android and iOS devices where a user profile will be created and you can learn the app usage to be able to also report the election as it happens in your area.

For android users, you can download the app via this link. DOWNLOAD NOW

For iOS users, simply visit the application page for links or go to Apple AppStore and search for the App "ZABE"

The sustenance of democracy in Nigeria and Success/Failure of this 2019 elections depends on you and you can really make lot more difference than you thought you could.

Check https://www.davoltblog.com.ng/do-your-part-for-transparent-elections/ for active links

(1) (Reply)

Imagine This...#election Postponement / IG Orders Investigation Into Photo Of Police Officers Doing 4+4 Sign / Life Is More Important Than Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.