Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,740 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

Buhari: We’ll Ensure Peaceful, Credible Election In Ondo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: We’ll Ensure Peaceful, Credible Election In Ondo (6113 Views)

Buhari: We’ll Recruit More Qualified Teachers / Buhari: We’ll Position Universities To Produce Quality Graduates / Buhari To Traditional Rulers: Use Your Influence To Ensure Peaceful Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: We’ll Ensure Peaceful, Credible Election In Ondo by Officialhorlah(m): 3:55am On Oct 08, 2020
President Muhammadu Buhari yesterday declared that all necessary measures have been put in place to ensure that Saturday’s election in Ondo is peaceful, transparent and credible.

Mr Femi Adesina, the president’s spokesman, in a statement in Abuja, said the president gave the assurance in a video message to party supporters at the Grand Finale of the All Progressives Congress (APC) campaign in Akure.

The president, who assured the electorate in Ondo of the provision of adequate security to forestall any breach of the peace by unscrupulous elements, urged them to turn out en masse to vote on Saturday without fear of molestation.

He expressed confidence that the party supporters would vote in accordance with the laws guiding the electoral process.

While urging the electorate in Ondo to vote for continuity and progress, Buhari explained why Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, the APC candidate, deserved re-election.

”I have no doubt that our candidate is a good brand for the APC to market. I am particularly delighted by his ingenious approach to governance.

”His performance within the limits of available resources is endearing, just as he has taken the state to an enviable level and on the path of prosperity.

”Having had the privilege of commissioning some of his projects, which I consider enduring legacies, I join you here today to declare that Governor Akeredolu deserves to be re-elected to consolidate the good work he commenced in his first term.

”I am not just proud of his achievements; I am confident he will enjoy the mandate of the good people of Ondo State for the second term,” he said.

On the party’s campaign, the president said he was encouraged by the large turnout at the grand finale, noting that he had keenly followed events in the State as regards the governorship election.

”I have taken a special interest not necessarily because my party is involved but because my focus and attention have been to ensure that we maximize every given opportunity to raise the bar in our collective desire to deepen democracy,’’ he said.

Buhari also used the occasion to commend the party’s national and zonal leadership, and the APC family in Ondo State for upholding internal democracy and ensuring a hitch-free party primary.

According to him, internal democracy, which is regarded as a major ingredient in the electoral process, was not merely encouraged in Ondo State but zealously nurtured.

”I salute the courage and the demonstrated capacity of the National Caretaker and Extraordinary Convention Planning Committee under the leadership of His Excellency, Mai Mala Buni. I thank you for conducting a hitch-free party primary in Ondo State.

“I congratulate the APC family in Ondo State on this uncommon display of brotherliness, candour and doggedness.

”May I, therefore, salute all other governorship aspirants who accepted the outcome of the primary election and decided to work for the success of the candidate and incumbent, Gov. Oluwarotimi Akeredolu.

“Their patriotic and selfless conduct shall serve as an enduring reference point in party politics.

”I must not fail to equally acknowledge the efforts made by party leaders, especially from the South West, who spared time to manage the post-primary period ahead of today,” he said.
https://www.sunnewsonline.com/well-ensure-peaceful-credible-election-in-ondo-buhari/

1 Like

Re: Buhari: We’ll Ensure Peaceful, Credible Election In Ondo by DenreleDave(m): 4:50am On Oct 08, 2020
Ok
Re: Buhari: We’ll Ensure Peaceful, Credible Election In Ondo by TechyMm0: 4:54am On Oct 08, 2020
Nice one
Re: Buhari: We’ll Ensure Peaceful, Credible Election In Ondo by WonderManly(m): 5:00am On Oct 08, 2020
Good to hear that. But don't act like the green snake under the green grass!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: We’ll Ensure Peaceful, Credible Election In Ondo by KingstonAyo37: 5:19am On Oct 08, 2020
We believe you sir. You did it in Edo you will do it in Ondo cool

Get a high-end website with domain, hosting, SSL & SEO all in 2 days at mouth watering prices. Pls click my name to reach us.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: We’ll Ensure Peaceful, Credible Election In Ondo by ehinmowo: 6:07am On Oct 08, 2020
Maybe after Buhari NIgerians will understand that illiteracy can only take you this far. It gets to a level that comprehension eludes him.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: We’ll Ensure Peaceful, Credible Election In Ondo by IneedSugarMumy1(m): 6:08am On Oct 08, 2020
Na only talk talk this one sabi
Nothing more

4 Likes

Re: Buhari: We’ll Ensure Peaceful, Credible Election In Ondo by GboyegaD(m): 6:08am On Oct 08, 2020
They should please. The violence that has marred the state of late is alarming.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari: We’ll Ensure Peaceful, Credible Election In Ondo by ZendayaColeman(f): 6:08am On Oct 08, 2020
Who are the we?
Re: Buhari: We’ll Ensure Peaceful, Credible Election In Ondo by DMerciful(m): 6:08am On Oct 08, 2020
If it's free then congratulations to the PDP!
The only national party

6 Likes

Re: Buhari: We’ll Ensure Peaceful, Credible Election In Ondo by Godada(m): 6:08am On Oct 08, 2020
angry

Words are actually used to hoodwink.
Re: Buhari: We’ll Ensure Peaceful, Credible Election In Ondo by Ijaya123: 6:09am On Oct 08, 2020
Way to go.
Re: Buhari: We’ll Ensure Peaceful, Credible Election In Ondo by Ayemileto(m): 6:09am On Oct 08, 2020
This is good.
Re: Buhari: We’ll Ensure Peaceful, Credible Election In Ondo by Nobody: 6:10am On Oct 08, 2020
Be committed to your words..

4 Likes

Re: Buhari: We’ll Ensure Peaceful, Credible Election In Ondo by Bobotic(m): 6:10am On Oct 08, 2020
If their Party APC won OR If Governor Nyesom Wike (Indaboki Pahose) of Rivers State will not pour sand for their Garri grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: We’ll Ensure Peaceful, Credible Election In Ondo by sylarada(f): 6:10am On Oct 08, 2020
Abegi, wetin you wan talk before? grin grin grin

I got a side hustle for you if only you have the money to invest with, interested?
Re: Buhari: We’ll Ensure Peaceful, Credible Election In Ondo by Nobody: 6:11am On Oct 08, 2020
Which of the buhari?

The old

The young

The latest rubber eared one?

Re: Buhari: We’ll Ensure Peaceful, Credible Election In Ondo by Kennitrust(m): 6:11am On Oct 08, 2020
Vote APC for a continuous misleading
Re: Buhari: We’ll Ensure Peaceful, Credible Election In Ondo by Praktikals(m): 6:11am On Oct 08, 2020
ezenwajosh:
Which of the buhari?

The old

The young

The latest rubber eared one?
Your foolishness na follow come

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: We’ll Ensure Peaceful, Credible Election In Ondo by Slawormir: 6:12am On Oct 08, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Buhari my real niggarrr..

Same way you ensure peaceful election in Edo state

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: We’ll Ensure Peaceful, Credible Election In Ondo by yanabasee(m): 6:12am On Oct 08, 2020
Scam!!!

Tinubu will deploy his finest agnero to see the success of the elecy to his glory.....
Re: Buhari: We’ll Ensure Peaceful, Credible Election In Ondo by babag93: 6:13am On Oct 08, 2020
Judging by the one we saw in Edo..
It is possible and doable. Ceteris paribus.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: We’ll Ensure Peaceful, Credible Election In Ondo by Houseofglam7(f): 6:15am On Oct 08, 2020
undecided
Re: Buhari: We’ll Ensure Peaceful, Credible Election In Ondo by IamWonderful: 6:16am On Oct 08, 2020
good luck
Re: Buhari: We’ll Ensure Peaceful, Credible Election In Ondo by Adonis86(m): 6:18am On Oct 08, 2020
We'll believe and I will comment after Saturday
Re: Buhari: We’ll Ensure Peaceful, Credible Election In Ondo by Yeeyo: 6:22am On Oct 08, 2020
where are the fools pls belief him
Re: Buhari: We’ll Ensure Peaceful, Credible Election In Ondo by Nobody: 6:30am On Oct 08, 2020
Praktikals:

Your foolishness na follow come

If you have functional brain you had notice something difference in those pictures
Re: Buhari: We’ll Ensure Peaceful, Credible Election In Ondo by anonimi: 6:53am On Oct 08, 2020
yanabasee:
Scam!!!
Tinubu will deploy his finest agnero to see the success of the elecy to his glory.....

In the same way that Barawo Bubu deploys almajiris to intimidate, harass and even kill southerners for elections.

anonimi:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2017172_a_jpeg14a53cac5a312f3d1ad4980fec051d42

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1940747_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2027919_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: We’ll Ensure Peaceful, Credible Election In Ondo by chukwuibuipob: 6:56am On Oct 08, 2020
cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Monica Ugwuanyi Campaigns Against Gender-Based Violence In Enugu State / 2023 Presidency: Security, Economy Restructuring Will Be My Focus - Tambuwal / Is This Nyesom Wike ? (pics )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.