Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,956 members, 7,817,809 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

9 Cities With The Worst Traffic Over The World. Lagos Didn't Make The List - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 9 Cities With The Worst Traffic Over The World. Lagos Didn't Make The List (1842 Views)

Cities With The Worst Traffic In The World; Lagos Is No 1 - World Of Statistics / Lagos Traffic- Life Inside The World's Worst Traffic Jam / Top 10 Nigeria Cities With The Lowest Cost Of Living - Politics Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Cities With The Worst Traffic Over The World. Lagos Didn't Make The List by carsnazi(f): 5:59am On Feb 16, 2019
Recently, the reliable research outfit named Numbeo has released a list of cities which they described to have the most bottlenecks of the world. The website has used numerous criteria for an assessment like the average time people spent on a one-way journey.

The Dhaka city in Bangladesh has won the first position in the list with the recorded high time index for a one-way trip about 63.94 minutes. Meanwhile, India becomes the country of the worst traffic status with 3 listed cities.

However, it comes with a great curiosity of Nigerian citizens as they questioned why Lagos wasn’t in the list although a commuter here might have to spend the average time of over hours or even more than that of cities in the ranking to commute in the city.
1. Dhaka, Bangladesh
Average time on a one-way trip in Dhaka, Bangladesh: 63.94 minutes

2. Kolkata, India
Average time on a one-way trip in Kolkata, India: 62.94 mins

3. Sharjah, United-Arab Emirate
Average time on a one-way trip in Sharjah, United-Arab Emirate: 57 minutes

4. Delhi, India
Average time on a one-way trip in Delhi, India: 56.69 mins

5. Mumbai, India
Average time on a one-way trip in Mumbai, India: 58.22 mins

6. Nairobi, Kenya
7. Tehran, Iran
8. Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
9. Recife, Brazil

Read more at: https://naijauto.com/market-news/top-cities-with-the-worst-traffic-congestion-over-the-world-2128
Re: 9 Cities With The Worst Traffic Over The World. Lagos Didn't Make The List by Treasure17(m): 6:52am On Feb 16, 2019
So Lagos is a learner when it comes to traffic.
Re: 9 Cities With The Worst Traffic Over The World. Lagos Didn't Make The List by ugsams(m): 6:55am On Feb 16, 2019
They really don't know the statistics of Lagos. where is the traffic in Sharjah that can compare to Ikorodu road? 3rd mainland bridge? and so on

3 Likes

Re: 9 Cities With The Worst Traffic Over The World. Lagos Didn't Make The List by Mizwisdom(f): 8:03am On Feb 16, 2019
But Lagosians complain the most, you'll think it's the worst
Re: 9 Cities With The Worst Traffic Over The World. Lagos Didn't Make The List by Nostradamus: 9:16am On Feb 16, 2019
I don't believe this list. Those countries have statistics to back up their traffic,nigeria is bad when it comes to keeping statistics.so if Lagos is actually on that list we won't know(i believe Lagos should be there).
Re: 9 Cities With The Worst Traffic Over The World. Lagos Didn't Make The List by davodyguy: 9:29pm On Feb 16, 2019
Lagos Traffic is caused by bad driving habits and lawlessness. Hence, it can't make a the top 10 list. If we bring sanity to Lagos Roads, there will be less traffic. However, those listed cities have normal drivers, no bike(Okada) no Tricycle (keke Merwa) no danfo drivers, no driving against traffic (one way) but still have crazy traffic. That's how to pick stats.

Lagos Traffic is a joke beside Dubai traffic. I remember how a journey of just 5km, that can be trekked within 15mins took 1hour via Dubai taxi

1 Like

Re: 9 Cities With The Worst Traffic Over The World. Lagos Didn't Make The List by ugsams(m): 2:01am On Feb 24, 2019
davodyguy:
Lagos Traffic is caused by bad driving habits and lawlessness. Hence, it can't make a the top 10 list. If we bring sanity to Lagos Roads, there will be less traffic. However, those listed cities have normal drivers, no bike(Okada) no Tricycle (keke Merwa) no danfo drivers, no driving against traffic (one way) but still have crazy traffic. That's how to pick stats.

Lagos Traffic is a joke beside Dubai traffic. I remember how a journey of just 5km, that can be trekked within 15mins took 1hour via Dubai taxi

I'm curious to know the place in Dubai? from where did the trip started and where was the destination?
Re: 9 Cities With The Worst Traffic Over The World. Lagos Didn't Make The List by davodyguy: 6:55am On Feb 24, 2019
ugsams:

I'm curious to know the place in Dubai? from where did the trip started and where was the destination?
SharafDG to Lulu Hyper market

(1) (Reply)

Study And Visa Requirements For Austria �� / Why Do Small Countries Like Ghana Offer Direct Us Flights And Why Naija Fails? / My Very First Trip To Nigeria In April. . . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.