Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,452 members, 7,954,782 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:10 AM

What Is The Purpose Of Firs Blocking All Coperate Account? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Is The Purpose Of Firs Blocking All Coperate Account? (589 Views)

FIRS imposes N50 Levy For Transfers From ₦10,000 & Above / Cbn Should Increase The Dollar Limit On Coperate Account Linked ATM To 5000 Us / Giant Container Ship Ran Aground, Blocking World's Busiest Shipping Lane(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Purpose Of Firs Blocking All Coperate Account? by HisExcellence(m): 9:26am On Feb 16, 2019
Good Day Nairalander, I followed one customer to Diamond Bank yesterday to withdraw some cash for me for the goods the he bought, so to both of us surprise, he gave the cashier cheque and the cashier said that the amount was unable to withdraw, he was arguing with the cashier that he has more that the amount he want to withdraw, he even showed the cashier is last alert SMS.

That's when one of the OGA there now come in and asked what happened and he explained, she collected the cheque to confirm that's when she said that the Account has being Blocked by FIRS, that this started since Thursday 14th Feb 2019, that they have blocked Thousand of COPERTATE Account, we asked why are they doing that she said she dont know.

Note; this only applies to COOPERATE Accounts

My Question is does FIRS have the right to block to Block COPERTATE accounts or is there anything behind it?

cc; naijacutee, puskin , FOD , dominique
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Firs Blocking All Coperate Account? by ASPIREX: 9:39am On Feb 16, 2019
HisExcellence:
Good Day Nairalander, I followed one customer to Diamond Bank yesterday to withdraw some cash for me for the goods the he bought, so to both of us surprise, he gave the cashier cheque and the cashier said that the amount was unable to withdraw, he was arguing with the cashier that he has more that the amount he want to withdraw, he even showed the cashier is last alert SMS.

That's when one of the OGA there now come in and asked what happened and he explained, she collected the cheque to confirm that's when she said that the Account has being Blocked by FRSC, that this started since Thursday 14th Feb 2019, that they have blocked Thousand of CO-OPERTATE Account, we asked why are they doing that she said she dont know.

Note; this only applies to CO-OPERTATE Accounts

My Question is does FRSC have the right to block to Block CO-OPERTATE accounts or is there anything behind it?

cc; naijacutee, puskin , FOD , dominique

I think you meant 'corporate' and not co-opertate. You may wish to modify.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Firs Blocking All Coperate Account? by Speedyconnect15: 9:42am On Feb 16, 2019
Nope.
They shouldn't. But this is useless naija.

Only in this govt was a serving governor's account blocked despite immunity.

Even if they feel you haven't paid tax, they have no right to block your account.

This is because, not all monies there are biz proceeds.

Some monies deposited could be friends' money.

Some goods sold are returned too.

Advanced countries pay tax and citizens enjoy everything ranging from free education to good roads amd infrastructure.

But here, Tinubu and cabals eat our taxes. Nothing works.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Firs Blocking All Coperate Account? by Tomide007: 9:45am On Feb 16, 2019
It's going to be FIRS and not FRSC...... And it will probably be because of not paying tax
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Firs Blocking All Coperate Account? by itiswellandwell: 9:53am On Feb 16, 2019
Hmm

(1) (Reply)

Get 30% Of Your Investment In 7 Days / The Emperor Of Berger Auto Market By Ehis Boyo / Please Loan Me 30k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.