Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,093 members, 7,821,784 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

Should INEC Be Sued? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should INEC Be Sued? (248 Views)

Can The United Nations Be Sued By Any Country Or Individual? / Electoral Act Versus Supreme Court: Which One Should INEC Obey? / Will Inec Be Able To Deliver The 10million+ Pvc For The Newly Registered? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should INEC Be Sued? by Godmother(f): 10:14am On Feb 16, 2019
We all woke up to the sad news the election scheduled for today has been cancelled.

This move is coming just hours to the election and Nigerians are angry. Plans have been disrupted and a lot of people who shifted their weddings due to the elections will likely have the new date affected again.

A woman on Twitter has taken the initiative to sue INEC for this disruption and I'm fully behind her in her decision.

Should INEC be sued for this act so they know they can't just treat people shabbily and get away with it.

2 Likes

Re: Should INEC Be Sued? by PrinceOgun: 12:58pm On Feb 16, 2019
My dear that petition would not see the light of day in courts ..... This is Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Should INEC Be Sued? by olajide8(m): 6:51pm On Feb 17, 2019
The petition would be heard - but, the law establishing INEC gives inec the power to do what they have done- and that is based on precedent condition, which they have also been able to establish, if they had allowed inec the right to stagger the elections - it would have been the best thing after bread and butter- but....... so the matter of the law suit, my take is it would be thrown out, it's good someone is challenging this - but then what they are supposed to challenge is the power of appropriation and our budget, and not these irrelevant issues, they should ask for the proper definition of the meaning of appropriation

1 Like

Re: Should INEC Be Sued? by lawoy: 6:53pm On Feb 17, 2019
INEC embarrassed me as a Nigerian but i dont have choice

1 Like

Re: Should INEC Be Sued? by DearDealz: 6:58pm On Feb 17, 2019
Lol

1 Like

Re: Should INEC Be Sued? by Godmother(f): 9:11pm On Feb 20, 2019
PrinceOgun:
My dear that petition would not see the light of day in courts ..... This is Nigeria

Yea, so sad.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Hope It's Now Safe To Say Happy Ought-to-be Election Day! / Buhari Is Planning To Sack INEC Chairman, Appoint Amina Zakari, CUPP Alleges / President Buhari Appeals To Nigerians Not To Lose Hope In The Electoral System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.