Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff (14581 Views)

Nigerians Angry Over The Treatment Of Corpers As INEC Ad-hoc Staff (videos, Pix) / Inec Ad Hoc Staff Being Transported Back (pictures) / INEC Ad-hoc Staff, Corpers Sleeping Outside Its Premises (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by cyntigirl(f): 4:55pm On Feb 16, 2019
Just heard they paid corpers in some states like ekiti #8500 for training while we were paid #4500 here in Delta. Why is the payment so irregular?
Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by CaptainMitch: 5:03pm On Feb 16, 2019
Which area are you posted to?
skarlett:
My experience was different, located my RAC with my APOs around 6:30pm and settled down to await the arrival of our SPO who didn't eventually show up. The place was a community hall and we all mostly slept inside. They provided us with mats, buckets and extension sockets and there was light throughout the night. It wasn't the best but it was better compared to what others seem to have experienced.

P.S: We were paid 4500 this morning

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by happney65: 5:04pm On Feb 16, 2019
skarlett:
My experience was different, located my RAC with my APOs around 6:30pm and settled down to await the arrival of our SPO who didn't eventually show up. The place was a community hall and we all mostly slept inside. They provided us with mats, buckets and extension sockets and there was light throughout the night. It wasn't the best but it was better compared to what others seem to have experienced.

Can we open up those laps? grin grin omolola15 veekid.. what ya'll say.. grin grin grin
Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by Yusufnairaland2: 5:06pm On Feb 16, 2019
My experience last night made me appreciate the fact that I had a place I call home.... Truly Shelter is one of the basic necessities of Life.. I nearly froze to death in that cold.. Thanks to that Alhajia lady, she gave me her wrapper..She covered me with it.. Thanks Hajia..God bless You.

8 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by Nobody: 5:07pm On Feb 16, 2019
chocolatelady:
Gbam. He never see anything. But deep inside him he knows that he cannot beat PMB but only want to wet ground maybe for 2023.. Never again we will allow looting party near our treasury.
So this government have not stolen one naira?
Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by Goddyj(m): 5:09pm On Feb 16, 2019
ct2:
Social media has made  Atiku believes he has  already  won this up coming election.

He will soon  receive  the shock  of his life.

He would be tought the greatest lessons of is life
You forgot that Buhari won the 2015 election on social media before He eventually won at the polls. Never you underestimate the power of social media undecided

8 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by GambaOsaka: 5:10pm On Feb 16, 2019
chocolatelady:
Gbam. He never see anything. But deep inside him he knows that he cannot beat PMB but only want to wet ground maybe for 2023.. Never again we will allow looting party near our treasury.

Which 2023? If you dont know, listen carefully, this is his last chance. Why do you think all these politicians are pushing him forward? It's their last chance to get their own share of what Atiku has siphoned over the years. If you know you know.
Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by Nobody: 5:15pm On Feb 16, 2019
chocolatelady:
Today's election was halted because of buhari's rigging plan.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by Omonken: 5:16pm On Feb 16, 2019
In Edo State, people that were trained by INEC to carry out the electoral processes at polling stations were being exchanged with APC party faithful at the zero hour before INEC announced the postponement .

This is one of their strategies to manipulate the processes.

This is not good for our democracy.

PDP, take this up before it becomes too late.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by Tonymegabush1(m): 5:18pm On Feb 16, 2019
cyntigirl:
Just heard they paid corpers in some states like ekiti #8500 for training while we were paid #4500 here in Delta. Why is the payment so irregular?

Anambra got 3k.... 2 even imagine that it was CBN that did this disbursement
Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by Cuteamigo1(m): 5:20pm On Feb 16, 2019
I received a call around 11:30pm last night to come to RAC which is about 20kilometers from my house. I dint go because there was no means for me to transport myself to the location moreover I was highly disappointed and discouraged about how inec handled the whole thing so I just gave up.
Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by Priceyk(f): 5:21pm On Feb 16, 2019
We have not receive any kobo here, after attending training 6 times.. I left the inec office past 5 yesterday evening, when I noticed different politician were coming in with their agbero boys. It is well will our Nationquote author=cyntigirl post=75797192]Just heard they paid corpers in some states like ekiti #8500 for training while we were paid #4500 here in Delta. Why is the payment so irregular? [/quote]
Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by Priceyk(f): 5:25pm On Feb 16, 2019
Omonken:
In Edo State, people that were trained by INEC to carry out the electoral processes at polling stations were being exchanged with APC party faithful at the zero hour before INEC announced the postponement .

This is one of their strategies to manipulate the processes.

This is not good for our democracy.
This is so true, not only in Edo, most of the corp members trained didn't see their names on the list... Only God knew where they brought people from

PDP, take this up before it becomes too late.
Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by abiodun175(m): 5:27pm On Feb 16, 2019
The experience was a big turn off, I had to battle mosquitoes till daybreak. #so_sickning.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by veekid(m): 5:28pm On Feb 16, 2019
happney65:

Can we open up those laps? grin grin omolola15 veekid.. what ya'll say.. grin grin grin
Yamad
Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by Lordjb: 5:28pm On Feb 16, 2019
Here in Rivers State, we corp members have not received any training money from INEC couple with all the suffering we went through yesterday. SMH
Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by merbenko: 5:31pm On Feb 16, 2019
PythonDancer:

I swear to almighty god.
Buhari will win
Just look how this one is swearing. Hmmm

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by greggng: 5:33pm On Feb 16, 2019
ct2:
Social media has made  Atiku believes he has  already  won this up coming election.

Pls add political lesson
Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by greggng: 5:35pm On Feb 16, 2019
My experience was interesting ...I met one of the corpers shivering in the cold. So I decided to help her out. At the end she confess she never had it this nice for a long time....

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by Dollabiz: 5:39pm On Feb 16, 2019
inec risk lives jeopardised the nation after years of preparation
Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by Chrixtopha(m): 5:40pm On Feb 16, 2019
it was a horrible experience, ranging from going from Eti Osa 3 local government to our Rac center in Obalande on our ownooo, then reaching there, most of us slept outside as there was no light in the school... Mosquito danced with all of us as mosquito coils was like perfume to them, then comes the rumour of postponement only for us to be directed to come back to the Local gvt and collect 4500 as training fee, while other states like Ekiti etc are paying higher than Lagos State, can you beat that... Then the worst of the whole thing was that they won't be needing Apo3s again, after the long night, they were there because their names was posted as one of the ad-hoc staff, as a result that they won't still be paid the small 4500....thats wickedness
Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by Classickj(m): 5:46pm On Feb 16, 2019
skarlett:

we slept outside and d cold no be here ooh... But we received 8500 sha
Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by Yhemit(m): 5:57pm On Feb 16, 2019
Classickj:
we slept outside and d cold no be here ooh... But we received 8500 sha

woah, from how many training please. because here in Oyo state it's 4500 rumour we are hearing .
Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by kombats: 6:00pm On Feb 16, 2019
Doxadious:
The experience I had wasn't funny at all. My RAC is at Govt. Technical College Ikotun for WARD 4 Alimosho. Aside from the sleeping outside, the cold and anxiety, I sustained injury under my feet currently.

At around 2am, there was a suddenly noise at the main Gates and everybody starting scampering for safety. The crowd was great running from the gate. I was half-asleep-half-awake. I jumped up and started running with the speed of light to avoid been stampeded and to avoid stories that touch.

We got tired of running, we stopped and started asking what happened. Only to find out it was a FALSE ALARM. Then, I noticed I was bleeding. Some staff have misplaced their phones in the confusion. Luckily for me, an alaja, a corp member that slept beside me helped me with my phone. It was kind of orchestrated to take people's valuables.

Among other things, the list has been manipulated. I saw my name on Thursday when the list first came out. I also got the SMS. But some people said names have been removed. A friend of mine said my name is not on the new list. However, I saw my name in the PDF with list of Poll Officials and their Polling Units with Corp Members. So I have nothing to worry about...

P.S: Training Allowance has not BEEN PAID!

Share your experience.

lol was also at ur RAC center it wasn't a false alarm a drunk police tried to cock a gun on one of the inec staff that's why people fled to their safety.
Training allowance was paid today and the amount was 4500 it will continue on money.
Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by mrlaw93(m): 6:00pm On Feb 16, 2019
In Surulere, my name came out on the first list with some others and we were all assigned a class. After going through rigorous 3days training and writing all exams as required, the posting list finally came out on Thursday evening and non of my classmates made the list, not even one.
We later found out that our names was replaced by that of those who didn't even attend the training.

This is just a means for the officials to pocket the training fee while their candidates will only earn election fee. Meanwhile, we that really went through the stress are just made a fool of.

Karma will surely catch up with those monsters!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by Optionalx: 6:01pm On Feb 16, 2019
ct2:

So na aliens dey use social media. FYI social media have been used to change govt and policy directions all over the world. This is 2019 guy, “everyone is clutching a smartphone” Even your oga dey campaign for social media na. You have just one vote, vote whom you like and stop dumb political analysis

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by wiznuel(m): 6:04pm On Feb 16, 2019
they asked us s to report at our RAC by 4 I arrived there after 4, the inec staff didn't show till around 1:19am.we slept in the cold with no light, most of the classes closed, mosquitoes feasted on us with no single security until they arrived. we unloaded their materials.. what amazed me is that we were the one telling them that elections has been postponed. they marked the register.. time for the real deal they started conjuring stories that they forgot their voucher, that one of them will wait while others will go and bring voucher before they pay us na so guys wet don high on weed change am for them. they were ready to panel beat their vehicles...them lock the gate sef... last last them cough out 8500 for everybody oo
Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by Mitchellina123: 6:06pm On Feb 16, 2019
skarlett:

Haa see chilling for you,
Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by doctore212(m): 6:12pm On Feb 16, 2019
Not too bad for me. Around 1am, we met our SPO, an accomodation was arranged immediately for one local brothel for all the corpers. Though it was 4 per room. The good news was that it was in a Brothel (if you know you know) grin
Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by magnolia4: 6:17pm On Feb 16, 2019
I can emphatically tell you that Alimosho Local government INEC office is the worst in Lagos state. thousands of people went through the rigorous 3 day training and their data was collected with account numbers. in fact they were told not to worry that what mattered was the training. unfortunately, 95% of the names of those that went through the training was deliberately excluded from the list and replaced with the names of the INEC officials' girlfriends and families. I now wonder what happened to the lists that were compiled, and how the election will be called credible when a bunch of untrained people are manning the smart card readers and the polls. just few hours ago, some few people were given the training money whilst a protest by the original trainees( most of whom were graduates and Msc holders) was going on outside, it would have erupted into violence if not for the presence of soldiers and police men in the vicinity. It was then that it dawned on me that truly it is a sin to be a Nigerian.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by Eastlink(m): 6:20pm On Feb 16, 2019
List was manipulated, didn't find my name despite applying both online and offline and taking part in the 3 days training. 80% of trainees couldn't find their names. Learnt Inec with the aid of APC and PDP written names dominated the list.
Left home 8am to the Inec office, was denied the Inec Ad-hoc Oath declaration form because I wasn't on the doctored list and had to wait till about 7pm before a concerned SPO gave me one. I filled the form with my passport and left the Inec Office at Festac by 9pm to Satellite Town RACO near my home.
Slept in the RACO with other Ad-hoc staff, got frosted by the cold all because I wanted to do Inec work and have my name on the list. And after all my sufferings, got the shocking news by 1pm of the rumored postponment which later became true.
Went home by 5am disappointed but still hopeful come Saturday next week.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by BoyHuncho(m): 6:58pm On Feb 16, 2019
skarlett:

wawu..u enjoy sha, see better mat, for the first time in years, a mat looks sexy to me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BREAKING: Appeal Court Sets Aside Disqualification Order Against Taraba APC / Appointments: Tinubu Fair To All Regions – Arthur Eze / CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.