Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,812 members, 7,844,628 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff (14598 Views)

Nigerians Angry Over The Treatment Of Corpers As INEC Ad-hoc Staff (videos, Pix) / Inec Ad Hoc Staff Being Transported Back (pictures) / INEC Ad-hoc Staff, Corpers Sleeping Outside Its Premises (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by oyetpel(m): 7:03pm On Feb 16, 2019
I feel like crying. These corpers are being given crumbs and with all the risks involved.
I don't see Nigeria changing soon.
Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by Dammy2me: 7:08pm On Feb 16, 2019
Whoever win isn't my concern because we have leaders who do not care about the younger generation they treat youths like animals forgetting they they also have blood running in their veins and that someday soon they will become adults.The most annoying part is the senseless youths who don't even value their future they would go for the election next weekend again once they pay them can't they refused to be adhoc staffs the more you live for money the poorer you become Buhari's son is also serving is he also an adhoc staff because if he had participated his father would have understood what Corpers experienced last night but since he didn't participated Buhari would not think any sensible corper would allow himself to be maltreated.
Nigerian youth live beyond cash and demand for your rights to be treated in the right manner

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by Juillianne(f): 7:09pm On Feb 16, 2019
We spent the entire night at the INEC office of the LA we we were deployed to. We did not even get to our RAC. imagine sitting for more than 12hrs iin the cold. When we thought Nigeria would get better...
Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by Xcrapeekoko(m): 7:11pm On Feb 16, 2019
SarcasticWords:

Wow, you mean you put your life at risk and went through all these for 35k?

Sorry.
This 35k you call just covers someone's tuition here o. abeg epp me with am. if you hear say i go do INEC work again. my papa mama

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by oyetpel(m): 7:17pm On Feb 16, 2019
Dammy2me:
Whoever win isn't my concern because we have leaders who do not care about the younger generation they treat youths like animals forgetting they they also have blood running in their veins and that someday soon they will become adults.The most annoying part is the senseless youths who don't even value their future they would go for the election next weekend again once they pay them can't they refused to be adhoc staffs the more you live for money the poorer you become Buhari's son is also serving is he also an adhoc staff because if he had participated his father would have understood what Corpers experienced last night but since he didn't participated Buhari would not think any sensible corper would allow himself to be maltreated.
Nigerian youth live beyond cash and demand for your rights to be treated in the right manner

Nice words.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by armstrongkevwe: 7:18pm On Feb 16, 2019
skarlett:
My experience was different, located my RAC with my APOs around 6:30pm and settled down to await the arrival of our SPO who didn't eventually show up. The place was a community hall and we all mostly slept inside. They provided us with mats, buckets and extension sockets and there was light throughout the night. It wasn't the best but it was better compared to what others seem to have experienced.

P.S: We were paid 4500 this morning

What state ?..
Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by Nobody: 7:18pm On Feb 16, 2019
Classickj:
we slept outside and d cold no be here ooh... But we received 8500 sha

That's cool
Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by dammycree(m): 7:26pm On Feb 16, 2019
arrived early at my ward @ 4:15 pm, people slept inside the school classes and outside the fields depending on your choice while the DJ entertained everyone tdb....... still wandering why they invited the DJ Tho,perhaps they knew the election would be postponed.
a few ad-hoc staffs danced like they would be presented a gift afterwards which Ofcus entertained me and kept everyone else glued till we all got the info which killed the vibe
Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by CaptainMitch: 7:27pm On Feb 16, 2019
mrlaw93:
In Surulere, my name came out on the first list with some others and we were all assigned a class. After going through rigorous 3days training and writing all exams as required, the posting list finally came out on Thursday evening and non of my classmates made the list, not even one.
We later found out that our names was replaced by that of those who didn't even attend the training.

This is just a means for the officials to pocket the training fee while their candidates will only earn election fee. Meanwhile, we that really went through the stress are just made a fool of.

Karma will surely catch up with those monsters!

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by Nobody: 7:28pm On Feb 16, 2019
BoyHuncho:
wawu..u enjoy sha, see better mat, for the first time in years, a mat looks sexy to me

Lol, mat wey Dem still steal
Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by Nobody: 7:29pm On Feb 16, 2019
armstrongkevwe:

What state ?..

Ebonyi
Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by Nobody: 7:30pm On Feb 16, 2019
Eastlink:
List was manipulated, didn't find my name despite applying both online and offline and taking part in the 3 days training. 80% of trainees couldn't find their names. Learnt Inec with the aid of APC and PDP written names dominated the list.
Left home 8am to the Inec office, was denied the Inec Ad-hoc Oath declaration form because I wasn't on the doctored list and had to wait till about 7pm before a concerned SPO gave me one. I filled the form with my passport and left the Inec Office at Festac by 9pm to Satellite Town RACO near my home.
Slept in the RACO with other Ad-hoc staff, got frosted by the cold all because I wanted to do Inec work and have my name on the list. And after all my sufferings, got the shocking news by 1pm of the rumored postponment which later became true.
Went home by 5am disappointed but still hopeful come Saturday next week.
So the sudden wey you jam today never do you, you want to complete the full dose next week, OK oo
Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by Nobody: 7:30pm On Feb 16, 2019
CaptainMitch:
Which area are you posted to?

Sensitive information

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by CaptainMitch: 7:31pm On Feb 16, 2019
cheesy This is funny
skarlett:

Sensitive information

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by Charmingrascal(m): 7:46pm On Feb 16, 2019
If Buhari no win this election make I know wetin cause am.

Dear youth corpers, INEC job is optional don't kill yourself because of 35k after the elections INEC will still not pay you your money isn't that double trouble.
Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by MacMkboy(m): 7:47pm On Feb 16, 2019
Tonymegabush1:

Anambra got 3k.... 2 even imagine that it was CBN that did this disbursement
And Not Everyone In Anambra Got Paid (Just About 40% Got Paid).
Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by Ntadijoshua1(m): 7:50pm On Feb 16, 2019
My was different I past the night in the corpers lodge but it was terrible for those outside. Kano cold na die
Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by MacMkboy(m): 8:00pm On Feb 16, 2019
It Wasn't Only Corp Member That Were Selected 4d Work. More Than 80% Of Those Selected Here In Anambra Aren't Corp Members.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by Fidelismaria: 8:03pm On Feb 16, 2019
Nigeria truly is a shithole country
Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by MacMkboy(m): 8:07pm On Feb 16, 2019
I Wonder Why Inec Anambra Can't Upgrade To Using Technology In The Dissemination Of Information. In This Century, List Of Adhoc Staff Still Being Posted On Their Fence. U Can Only Imagine The Theft And Injuries People Sustained Yesterday While Scrambling To Check Their Names. So Pathetic!
Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by maxiart2(m): 8:17pm On Feb 16, 2019
cyntigirl:
Just heard they paid corpers in some states like ekiti #8500 for training while we were paid #4500 here in Delta. Why is the payment so irregular?

beb your own even better. There are those that haven't received any penny in their States

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by ayomide77: 8:46pm On Feb 16, 2019
the people that will vote for Apc will kill their fellow humans and eat when the next level of poverty will usher in.repent now and vote out this demons in human form out
Are you God ?
Peleeee
Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by Goddys(m): 9:07pm On Feb 16, 2019
I am disgusted with what I keep seeing in this country on a daily basis. It's true no country is free of problems but the level of power hungry old men we have here is appalling.

I blame the corpers for volunteering to act as adhoc staff for 35k knowing that there is a grave likelihood of harm to their person on the day of election. APC and PDP are very desperate. This election may be the most violent to witness in the annals of our democracy in this country.

I was once a corper and if I were to still be one, I would never under any circumstance volunteer to act as Inec adhoc staff.

If any corper is within Ikotun axis and needs a shelter on the eve of election, pm me. My room can only accommodate 3. That's the least I can do as a fellow youth

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by freemanbubble: 9:16pm On Feb 16, 2019
Here in Edo state, Egor local government area to be precise.

Heard the names were pasted at inec office
Voila!!! I went there and I saw my name on the list. Mine was ward 10.

So later in the day our po said we should converge at adolor school because that would be our RAC center.
Got there. We were asked to queue up for mat to sleep

O boy, na there i for know say the hunger in Nigeria is real like craze
See as girls many pass boys.

Last last we begin hear say then don postpone the election
Na so we return the mat this morning begin go house

No body even talk to us concerning training allowance

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by Classickj(m): 9:50pm On Feb 16, 2019
Yhemit:

woah, from how many training please. because here in Oyo state it's 4500 rumour we are hearing .
4500 is for d training, d remaining 4000 is for transport and feeding

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by tunize(m): 10:22pm On Feb 16, 2019
when i hear all this complain me self dey vex ooih. abi is the work not optional? for christ sake there are some jobs i can't do even if u tell me sey na 200k, cos i go weigh both the stress and risk, i know sey life na risk not this kind of "cheap risk"many other things join cos my life i like am.not to talk of 35k and some persons will still end up losing their life.......do your service and leave"nor be to come die for 35k" wen nor do anything for person life.(country hard nor mean sey anything person see e go jump enter).cos who die don die this ppl nor send.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by csunnyjoe2019: 10:35pm On Feb 16, 2019
ct2:
Social media has made  Atiku believes he has  already  won this up coming election.

He will soon  receive  the shock  of his life.

He would be tought the greatest lessons of is life

Na wah oh. The topic says to comment on ad-hoc staff experience not to tell us about whether Atiku will be disappointed or not.

Anyway, corps members in Ekiti were paid the complete 8, 500. However we also experienced being left outside till 10 pm (when our spo arrived) with no security of any kind.
Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by ksam(m): 11:01pm On Feb 16, 2019
They kept singing to our ears *Come by 4pm to collect INEC materials* only for them to keep us waiting under cold till 12am�..As if that was not enough, they packed us with materials in an 18th century Lorry with no cover, we were not looking different from waybill freight or stowaway slaves���‍♂...In this harmattan, travelling�at night� in an open Lorry for about 50kilometers is worst than being in the same ocean� that killed Jack in Titanic, the difference is that we are stronger�� and we are doing it for the Love of country�� *Money�*��..It's exciting when you see a man fall off a moving vehicle in *Tom Cruise* movie� until you see it in real life.. I was Frightened when a man fell off our moving vehicle and was dragged by it��, the whole scenario is still playing in my head till now�.. Our vehicle with no cover stopped in the middle of bushes in far away a *north* *@12:30am* on *election day* in a place called *nowhere*, there was a time we saw some strange men coming out from the bush, *my heart almost fell to my stomach*,we started shouting *Driver move* what a scary movie; this happened twice o.. If you can sleep on a mat on top of a desk,then you can sleep on a fence��.. When you think 80% of your problems are over only for you to be informed you will still go through it next week☹.. They should go and gather their ancestors for it.. *Nonsense*�.. My roommate own is worst sef.. I have bn nursing him since he came back��‍♂... May God see us through this phase��‍♂��‍♂��‍♂

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by abbiboy: 12:12am On Feb 17, 2019
SarcasticWords:

Wow, you mean you put your life at risk and went through all these for 35k?

Sorry.
It is called POVERTY!!
Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by BoyHuncho(m): 12:45am On Feb 17, 2019
skarlett:

Lol, mat wey Dem still steal
Lol..naija na scam las las, Thank God I'm an indigen of Lagos, not Nigeria tongue
Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by nkemjacob2(m): 12:45am On Feb 17, 2019
ct2:
Social media has made  Atiku believes he has  already  won this up coming election.

He will soon  receive  the shock  of his life.

He would be tought the greatest lessons of is life
Hilary Clinton won the online vote Donald trump won the physical/offline vote
Re: Share Your Experience: INEC Ad-Hoc Staff by Deborahov(f): 11:42am On Feb 17, 2019
My was funny.But God intervene for me,I stayed at Inec office beside s road since 6pm to 1am.before I have to go n meet a church member close to Inec office to allow me sleep since I heard of d postponed election.I slept in dat house as if it was my house.d woman is really nice.d next morning I look for a bike to take me home

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Wike Should Be Expelled From The PDP / Yoruba Elders Lament High Rate Of Inflation, Insecurity / CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.