Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,579 members, 7,955,126 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:38 PM

What Does The Rule Of Law Say About Election Postponement? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Does The Rule Of Law Say About Election Postponement? (487 Views)

Mahmood Yakubu Speaking On No Election Postponement Vs The Postponement (videos) / Election Postponement: Buhari Campaign Blames PDP / 2019 Election Postponement: INEC Official Statement (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does The Rule Of Law Say About Election Postponement? by viccipedia: 1:00pm On Feb 16, 2019
Is it possible that Inec reserves the right to postpone elections without consultations with powers that be?
Is it possible that the decision was indeed made overnight?

This was obviously planned and executed as expected.

Now my question is; Is there nothing in the constitution or an electoral act that gives directives on grounds for election postponement?

1 Like

Re: What Does The Rule Of Law Say About Election Postponement? by Twist4u: 1:50pm On Feb 16, 2019
Nice question op! I have not read, heard or seen anything related to one b4. If none exist, I call on the National assembly to treat this “postponement art” as urgent matter. It's a very very big lacuna in electioneering process that portend tragedy.
Re: What Does The Rule Of Law Say About Election Postponement? by Twist4u: 1:51pm On Feb 16, 2019
Nice question op! I have not read, heard or seen anything related to one b4. If none exist, I call on the National assembly to treat this “postponement art” as urgent matter. It's a very very big lacuna in electioneering process that portend tragedy in the near future.
Re: What Does The Rule Of Law Say About Election Postponement? by viccipedia: 2:11pm On Feb 16, 2019
Twist4u:
Nice question op! I have not read, heard or seen anything related to one b4. If none exist, I call on the National assembly to treat this “postponement art” as urgent matter. It's a very very big lacuna in electioneering process that portend tragedy.
my point exactly.. there should be some stipulated directive on the rule of postponement giving a particular period of time to be given to the masses and corpers so that what has happened now does not repeat itself... Nigerians have become zombies who just follow their government blindly.

(1) (Reply)

'low Budget Lai Mohammed' - Reno Omokri Blasts Tolu Ogunlesi / Presidential Townhall Meetings 2018-2019 / Esama Of Benin, Chief Sir Gabriel Osawuru Igbinedion Votes In Benin (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.